test center cheating, question.

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by ap, Feb 10, 2005.

  1. ap

    ap Guest

    Here is my question in a few parts. First, I have scoured both CompTIA's
    and Prometric's website and have found little information about test center
    cheating. No I am not looking to cheat. What I need to know is if anyone
    has direct knowledge of a test center that was shut down for questionable
    practices or knows of someone that has had a certification revoked. I am in
    the process of reporting a test center for questionable or should I say out
    right violations of test center rules and allegations of cheating. Do you
    know how both comptia and prometric handle this situation. This is test
    center that sees a high volume of test takers and I don't want those that
    took the test without cheating suffer a penalty just because of where they
    took the test. The incident involves a few individuals that cheated and it
    appears to be an isolated incident.

    Thanks

    if you have any links to press releases or news stories that would help. I
    have been googling without much luck
    --
    A+, Security+, Network+, SSCP, MOS, MCP, MCSA

    ap, Feb 10, 2005

  2. "ap" <> wrote in message

    > Here is my question in a few parts. First, I have scoured both CompTIA's
    > and Prometric's website and have found little information about test
    > center
    > cheating. No I am not looking to cheat. What I need to know is if anyone
    > has direct knowledge of a test center that was shut down for questionable
    > practices or knows of someone that has had a certification revoked. I am
    > in
    > the process of reporting a test center for questionable or should I say
    > out
    > right violations of test center rules and allegations of cheating. Do you
    > know how both comptia and prometric handle this situation. This is test
    > center that sees a high volume of test takers and I don't want those that
    > took the test without cheating suffer a penalty just because of where they
    > took the test. The incident involves a few individuals that cheated and
    > it
    > appears to be an isolated incident.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > if you have any links to press releases or news stories that would help.
    > have been googling without much luck

    I'm afraid I don't have much info for you, but you've peaked my interest.
    Exactly what happened (without mentioning names/locations and such) ? The
    test center I went to for A+ and Net+ had cameras...it'd be impossible to
    cheat unless the staff was in on it as well.

    Patrick Michael, Feb 10, 2005

  3. ap

    Guest

    the testing center I went to was like a fortress. Empty your pockets,
    no phones, pagers, data watches, and so forth. I think maybe it is
    right to turn them in. I am not brilliant and did not have a problem
    passing the software portion. I am taking the hardware soon. I wonder
    about anyone needing to cheat. These are idiots indeed. It scares me to
    think that they will be in the public working on computers....

    , Feb 11, 2005
  4. ap

    ap Guest

    The testing center is housed inside the building I work in. First this site
    violated about every rule that prometric has. Four people went in to take
    the test together and there seemed to be a lot of talking during the test, a
    group test if you will. Now, in this state you can not record audio. Two
    of the people taking the test work for the testing center and one of them
    has access to the polaris system. The test center was closed that day and
    opened just for these four to take the test. I have called comptia and the
    global security manager there seemed highly interested. Prometric on the
    other hand has yet to call me back. I worked damn hard for all the
    certifications I have EARNED. I know I am doing the right thing for
    reporting this situation. I'm sure once comptia starts an investigation my
    employer that owns the test center will shitcan me. I guess you have to
    stand for something or fall for everything.

    ap, Feb 11, 2005
  5. <> wrote in message
    > the testing center I went to was like a fortress. Empty your pockets,
    > no phones, pagers, data watches, and so forth. I think maybe it is
    > right to turn them in. I am not brilliant and did not have a problem
    > passing the software portion. I am taking the hardware soon. I wonder
    > about anyone needing to cheat. These are idiots indeed. It scares me to
    > think that they will be in the public working on computers....

    Indeed. Anybody who needs to cheat on A+ or Net+ has no business working in
    this industry.

    Patrick Michael, Feb 12, 2005