    tips or advice on the exam they would like to pass on. I would be very
    gratefull for any suggestions that may help.

    Thanks in advance.
    BARRY ANDERSON, Nov 26, 2006

  2. Have you ever sat a Microsoft exam before? If not, I would practice
    sitting in a seat and reading for about an hour and a half with no
    bathroom or drink breaks. Seriously. I have taken numerous Microsoft
    exams as well as other venders. I have eyewitnessed on three occasions
    individuals freaking out. One guy pushed the monitor of the table and it
    got on fire. If you are comfortable with the material, review it again.
    After which, sit some practice test from Transcender or MeasureUP. There
    is a catch: do not review your answers. I want you to get the "feel" of
    the test, not confuse your learning. I want you to get use to the
    pressure of taking a live exam. This advice is moot however if you have
    already taken an exam. Good Luck and let us know how you do!

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Nov 26, 2006

  3. I passed 70-271 in Sept and am getting good scores on the Transcender and
    Measure up between 83 and 90%. There is the old point however of doing well
    in mock exams and taking that into the real thing. Thanks for the advice

    BARRY ANDERSON, Nov 26, 2006
  4. I read the MS press book and then i went back and wrote down on paper the
    important stuff i felt like i needed to know. Then I typed that out. Then i
    read every thread in this newsgroup. I am doing practice tests now from the
    CD. Although i haven't passed yet haha I am taking notes on the stuff I do
    not know and I am going to do a test from the CD with 300 questions and take
    notes from what I missed and then study that material. Hopefully that will
    be good enough. I reviewed the Control panel and how to get to everything
    from there last night. I'll go over the system tools like regedit, msconfig,
    and all those wonderful things later. There is a lot to study. I reviewed
    all the MS office programs and took screenshots of important things I feel
    like i need to know from them along with outlook express. I feel weak in
    several areas like GPOs (gpedit.msc) and Local Security Settings along with
    Templates in Word, Software Restriction Policy and the firewire questions
    concering 6pin and 4pin (self vs bus powered) I will look up these topics
    later though.....I still have an entire week so I just need to get the
    girlfriend to chill out and get some studying done..LOL

    If anyboy has any advice about all those topics let me know
    :)

    Keith Chilton, Nov 26, 2006
  5. It sounds like you are on the right path. Trust me, I think you will be
    thoroughly surprised with this test; in a good way. Microsoft exams are
    wordy, but if you take the time to read what they are asking you; they
    are self explanatory. Remember the answer is right in front of you, you
    just have to choose it. I have posted a lot with this newsgroup. Do a
    search and read my recommendations to other in helping them preparing
    for the exams. And as always you have this newsgroup to ask "specific"
    questions in the areas you feel you have trouble with.

    It was a pleasure to meet you as well. Let me know what I can do to
    help.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,