Tesco webspace

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Martin ©¿©¬, Jan 23, 2004.

  1. Hi

    Anyone know how to access/obtain their Tesco Net web space
    I've tried to get to ftp://username: as
    suggested by tech support
    But Internet Explorer searches for this URL for ages and then times
    out?? and i'm going round in ever decreasing circles trying to figure
    out how to set-up/register/access or whatever i need to do to use my
    webspace.
    The guidelines on the Tesco home page www.tesco.net don't get me any
    further and looking at SERVICES> Your webspace doesn't cut any ice
    either

    Can anyone please help me get up-and-running?
    I don't believe it should be so difficult
    Perhaps i'm missing the obvious

    Emailing Tesco help/support hasn't got me anywhere fast and i'm loathe
    to use the 50p a min helpline

    Martin
    ©¿©¬
    REMOVETHIS to reply

    Martin ©¿©¬, Jan 23, 2004

  2. "Martin ©¿©¬" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Anyone know how to access/obtain their Tesco Net web space
    > I've tried to get to ftp://username: as
    > suggested by tech support
    > But Internet Explorer searches for this URL for ages and then times
    > out?? and i'm going round in ever decreasing circles trying to figure
    > out how to set-up/register/access or whatever i need to do to use my
    > webspace.
    > The guidelines on the Tesco home page www.tesco.net don't get me any
    > further and looking at SERVICES> Your webspace doesn't cut any ice
    > either
    >
    > Can anyone please help me get up-and-running?
    > I don't believe it should be so difficult
    > Perhaps i'm missing the obvious
    >
    > Emailing Tesco help/support hasn't got me anywhere fast and i'm loathe
    > to use the 50p a min helpline
    >
    > Martin
    > ©¿©¬
    > REMOVETHIS to reply

    I take it you are using Tesco to dial up the internet when you try to
    upload the pages.
    Have you seen http://www.tesco.net/webspace/

    Steven Pilbeam, Jan 23, 2004

  3. Martin ©¿©¬

    Jay Guest

    "Steven Pilbeam" <> wrote in message

    > "Martin ©¿©¬" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > Anyone know how to access/obtain their Tesco Net web space
    > > I've tried to get to ftp://username: as
    > > suggested by tech support
    > > But Internet Explorer searches for this URL for ages and then times
    > > out??

    Pinging homepages.tesco.net [62.253.166.183] with 32 bytes

    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

    Ping statistics for 62.253.166.183:

    Jay

    Jay, Jan 23, 2004
  4. Martin ©¿©¬

    ron Guest

    "Martin ©¿©¬" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Anyone know how to access/obtain their Tesco Net web space
    > I've tried to get to ftp://username: as
    > suggested by tech support
    > But Internet Explorer searches for this URL for ages and then times
    > out?? and i'm going round in ever decreasing circles trying to figure
    > out how to set-up/register/access or whatever i need to do to use my
    > webspace.
    > The guidelines on the Tesco home page www.tesco.net don't get me any
    > further and looking at SERVICES> Your webspace doesn't cut any ice
    > either
    >
    > Can anyone please help me get up-and-running?
    > I don't believe it should be so difficult
    > Perhaps i'm missing the obvious
    >
    > Emailing Tesco help/support hasn't got me anywhere fast and i'm loathe
    > to use the 50p a min helpline
    >
    > Martin
    > ©¿©¬
    > REMOVETHIS to reply

    Try this
    http://homepages.tesco.net/~mande.mcdowell/

    ron, Jan 23, 2004
  5. Martin ©¿©¬

    ron Guest

    "ron" <> wrote in message

    > "Martin ©¿©¬" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > Anyone know how to access/obtain their Tesco Net web space
    > > I've tried to get to ftp://username: as
    > > suggested by tech support
    > > But Internet Explorer searches for this URL for ages and then times
    > > out?? and i'm going round in ever decreasing circles trying to figure
    > > out how to set-up/register/access or whatever i need to do to use my
    > > webspace.
    > > The guidelines on the Tesco home page www.tesco.net don't get me any
    > > further and looking at SERVICES> Your webspace doesn't cut any ice
    > > either
    > >
    > > Can anyone please help me get up-and-running?
    > > I don't believe it should be so difficult
    > > Perhaps i'm missing the obvious
    > >
    > > Emailing Tesco help/support hasn't got me anywhere fast and i'm loathe
    > > to use the 50p a min helpline
    > >
    > > Martin
    > > ©¿©¬
    > > REMOVETHIS to reply

    Try this
    http://homepages.tesco.net/~mande.mcdowell/
    that is if of course if you have uploaded a web site as that address does
    not work. That is the syntax of a tesco personal web page. To upload your
    web pages do this

    from a dos prompt type

    FTP
    OPEN
    ftp.tesco.net
    mande.mcdowel
    password

    then if your web page is index.html in a folder called webpage

    type

    put c:\webpage\index.html

    ron, Jan 23, 2004
  6. On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 20:53:36 -0000, "ron" <> wrote:
    > Try this
    > http://homepages.tesco.net/~mande.mcdowell/
    > that is if of course if you have uploaded a web site as that address does
    >not work. That is the syntax of a tesco personal web page. To upload your
    >web pages do this from a dos prompt type

    >FTP
    >OPEN
    >ftp.tesco.net
    >mande.mcdowel
    >password

    >then if your web page is index.html in a folder called webpage
    >type
    >put c:\webpage\index.html

    Hi Ron
    I did as u suggested and got a *successful* dos prompt and that was
    it. But what do i do next? I went back to
    http://homepages.tesco.net/~mande.mcdowell/
    but IE just sat there doing nothing? with a blank page/screen
    Should i try or be using FTP software?

    Martin
    ©¿©¬
    REMOVETHIS to reply