    service this evening?

    Cheers,

    Sam W
    Sam White, Oct 3, 2007

  2. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Oct 3, 2007

  3. Sam White

    Nick Guest

    "Sam White" <> wrote in message
    news:6HSMi.3167$%...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Just wanted to ask if anyone knew if tesco are having problems with the

    voip
    > service this evening?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Sam W

    I see you're using Virginmedia as your ISP.
    The connection speeds are up & down like
    a fiddlers elbow tonight with this provider.
    I guess that might be the root of your problem

    when trying to use Tesco voip.
    Nick, Oct 3, 2007
  4. Sam White

    old man Guest

    its fine here - speed

    old man, Oct 3, 2007
  5. old man wrote:
    > "Nick" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Sam White" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi all,
    >>>
    >>> Just wanted to ask if anyone knew if tesco are having problems with
    >>> the voip service this evening?
    >>>

    >> I see you're using Virginmedia as your ISP.
    >> The connection speeds are up & down like
    >> a fiddlers elbow tonight with this provider.
    >> I guess that might be the root of your problem
    >>
    >> when trying to use Tesco voip.

    > its fine here - speed

    Fine here too.
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Oct 3, 2007
  6. Sam White

    bob garbutt Guest

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    > old man wrote:
    >> "Nick" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Sam White" <> wrote in message

    >>> I see you're using Virginmedia as your ISP.
    >>> The connection speeds are up & down like
    >>> a fiddlers elbow tonight with this provider.
    >>> I guess that might be the root of your problem
    >>>
    >>> when trying to use Tesco voip.

    >> its fine here - speed

    > Fine here too.

    Well I live in the Croydon area and have Virgin media 2 megs I run 2
    desktops and 2 laptops plus a ata for my voip calls, no telephone line
    from Virgin and the wife was on the phone for a hour for free without
    any problems, could be problems if using online music and video at the
    same time!

    Bob
    bob garbutt, Oct 4, 2007
  7. Sam White

    mr deo Guest

    > Well I live in the Croydon area and have Virgin media 2 megs I run 2
    > desktops and 2 laptops plus a ata for my voip calls, no telephone line
    > from Virgin and the wife was on the phone for a hour for free without
    > any problems, could be problems if using online music and video at the
    > same time!
    >
    > Bob

    Virgin refused (the past ohhh, hundred or so times) to unbundle my phone
    line from the broadband.. I get seperate bills (actually the broadband bills
    dont come more than one or two times a year!!!!) but they say that having
    the phone is a requirement of having the broadband due to internal policys
    :/....

    I am a ex-CW user but I would be interested if this is something new you got
    there ;)..

    and fyi I rarely suffer throughput problems
    mr deo, Oct 6, 2007
  8. mr deo wrote:
    >> Well I live in the Croydon area and have Virgin media 2 megs I run 2
    >> desktops and 2 laptops plus a ata for my voip calls, no telephone
    >> line from Virgin and the wife was on the phone for a hour for free
    >> without any problems, could be problems if using online music and
    >> video at the same time!
    >>
    >> Bob

    > Virgin refused (the past ohhh, hundred or so times) to unbundle my
    > phone line from the broadband.. I get seperate bills (actually the
    > broadband bills dont come more than one or two times a year!!!!) but
    > they say that having the phone is a requirement of having the
    > broadband due to internal policys :/....
    >
    > I am a ex-CW user but I would be interested if this is something new
    > you got there ;)..
    >
    > and fyi I rarely suffer throughput problems

    I had broadband and TV without phoneline, this was xTelewest and through to
    Virgin. I was VoIP only for a couple of years, before I had BT landline as
    cable phone was too expensive. I only have had the phone line installed
    recently as Virgin offered free install, free extension, free line rental,
    free evening and weekend calls and free caller display along with reduced
    cost TV, I had previously had a deal for the last two years but they
    wouldn't extend that further, yet offered me a better package discounted.

    Friends and relatives have broadband only, no other service have also done
    for a few years. Though again these are all xTelewest customers.

    --
    Items for sale: http://www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
    http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/MetricNow
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Oct 6, 2007
  9. Sam White

    T i m Guest

    On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 16:07:03 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

    > I had previously had a deal for the last two years but they
    >wouldn't extend that further, yet offered me a better package discounted.

    I had similar with NTL .. they wouldn't upgrade my BB less I went DD
    (and I wouldn't). Then they upgraded me for free. ;-)

    >Friends and relatives have broadband only, no other service have also done
    >for a few years. Though again these are all xTelewest customers.

    I have recently had VM drop the phone and the TV from my package and
    they did so without an issue.

    All the best ..

    T i m
    T i m, Oct 7, 2007
  10. Sam White

    Sam White Guest

    "T i m" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 16:07:03 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    > <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >> I had previously had a deal for the last two years but they
    >>wouldn't extend that further, yet offered me a better package discounted.

    > I had similar with NTL .. they wouldn't upgrade my BB less I went DD
    > (and I wouldn't). Then they upgraded me for free. ;-)
    >>
    >>Friends and relatives have broadband only, no other service have also done
    >>for a few years. Though again these are all xTelewest customers.

    > I have recently had VM drop the phone and the TV from my package and
    > they did so without an issue.
    >
    > All the best ..
    >
    > T i m

    Thanks for all the replies people - I ended up phoning the Tesco support
    line and they were very helpful. For future reference, my problem was that
    the IPA 1000 didn't have the server address in its config -
    gateway.tescointernetphone.com is the correct one.
    Its all working great now.

    Sam W
    Sam White, Oct 8, 2007
  11. Sam White

    ITF Guest

    On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 20:45:29 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

    >Sam White wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> Just wanted to ask if anyone knew if tesco are having problems with
    >> the voip service this evening?
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >>
    >> Sam W

    >I've not seen anyone mention on here they use Tesco VoIP, though someone may
    >pop along eventually.
    >
    >It's usually one avoided due to being one of the dearest VoIP providers
    >along with Skype.

    Why do you say Skype is expensive?
    ITF, Nov 7, 2007
  12. Sam White

    alexd Guest

    ITF wrote:

    > On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 20:45:29 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    > <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

    >>I've not seen anyone mention on here they use Tesco VoIP, though someone
    >>may pop along eventually.
    >>
    >>It's usually one avoided due to being one of the dearest VoIP providers
    >>along with Skype.

    > Why do you say Skype is expensive?

    Because Skype is expensive.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    14:09:00 up 5 days, 6:53, 1 user, load average: 0.59, 1.32, 0.77
    alexd, Nov 7, 2007
  13. Sam White

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    alexd wrote:
    > ITF wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 20:45:29 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    >> <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

    >>> I've not seen anyone mention on here they use Tesco VoIP, though someone
    >>> may pop along eventually.
    >>>
    >>> It's usually one avoided due to being one of the dearest VoIP providers
    >>> along with Skype.

    >> Why do you say Skype is expensive?

    > Because Skype is expensive.

    ROFL!
    Desk Rabbit, Nov 7, 2007
  14. Sam White

    ITF Guest

    On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 14:09:33 +0000, alexd <>
    wrote:

    >ITF wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 20:45:29 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    >> <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

    >>>I've not seen anyone mention on here they use Tesco VoIP, though someone
    >>>may pop along eventually.
    >>>
    >>>It's usually one avoided due to being one of the dearest VoIP providers
    >>>along with Skype.

    >> Why do you say Skype is expensive?

    >Because Skype is expensive.

    On the contrary it is similar to most other VOIP companies
    ITF, Nov 7, 2007
  15. Sam White

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "ITF" <> wrote in
    message news:
    : : On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 20:45:29 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    : : <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

    [snip]

    : : : It's usually one avoided due to being one of the
    : : : dearest VoIP providers along with Skype.
    : :
    : : Why do you say Skype is expensive?

    Erm.. because it is...?

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Nov 7, 2007
  16. Sam White

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "ITF" <> wrote in
    message news:
    : : On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 14:09:33 +0000, alexd
    : : <> wrote:
    : :
    : : : ITF wrote:
    : : :
    : : : : On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 20:45:29 GMT,
    : : : : "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    : : : : <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
    : : :
    : : : : : I've not seen anyone mention on here they use
    : : : : : Tesco VoIP, though someone may pop along
    : : : : : eventually.
    : : : : :
    : : : : : It's usually one avoided due to being one of the
    : : : : : dearest VoIP providers along with Skype.
    : : : :
    : : : : Why do you say Skype is expensive?
    : : :
    : : : Because Skype is expensive.
    : :
    : : On the contrary it is similar to most other VOIP
    : : companies

    On the contrary, it's nothing like any other VoIP company, with the
    possible exception of Vonage. Although even Vonage use ATA's, though they
    are locked and therefore to be avoided.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Nov 7, 2007
  17. Sam White

    Brian A Guest

    wrote:

    >ITF wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 20:45:29 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    >> <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

    >>>I've not seen anyone mention on here they use Tesco VoIP, though someone
    >>>may pop along eventually.
    >>>
    >>>It's usually one avoided due to being one of the dearest VoIP providers
    >>>along with Skype.

    >> Why do you say Skype is expensive?

    >Because Skype is expensive.

    Agreed.
    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    ---
    Brian A, Nov 7, 2007
  18. Sam White

    Guest

    On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 17:31:54 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    > Although even Vonage use ATA's, though they
    >are locked and therefore to be avoided.

    Why may I ask Vonage supply them for free Sipgate gives you damn all
    for free .
    , Nov 7, 2007
  19. Sam White

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    : : On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 17:31:54 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    : : <> wrote:
    : :
    : :
    : : : Although even Vonage use ATA's, though they
    : : : are locked and therefore to be avoided.
    : :
    : : Why may I ask Vonage supply them for free Sipgate gives
    : : you damn all for free .

    Ah, hello Ron, wondered where you'd got to. In answer to your question,
    Vonage don't supply anything for free, they charge you a whopping monthly
    rental for their so-called wonderful service.

    Sipgate, on the other hand (since *you* mentioned them, I didn't) don't
    charge for numbers, you only pay for calls made.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Nov 7, 2007
  20. Sam White

    Guest

    On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 22:49:46 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >Ah, hello Ron, wondered where you'd got to. In answer to your question,
    >Vonage don't supply anything for free, they charge you a whopping monthly
    >rental for their so-called wonderful service.

    You are so right Ivor a whopping great 27p a day and your are moaning
    about 27p a day yet you can go throwing money away on a trip to poxy
    Bushland .
    I still say Vonage offers a great service for anyone who has the usage
    for it and they still provide telephone contact with all departments
    only problem being you always get a damned yank answering the call.
    voip.co.uk have now stopped telephone support for residential
    customers so they do not get anymore cash out of me I will stick with
    my long time provider voipfone . You wouldn't like them Ivor they
    expect a customer to pay money for their services how quaint .
    , Nov 7, 2007