    voicemail remotely? If so how?

    TIA

    Doug.

    Doug Spinney, Nov 12, 2007

  2. Doug Spinney

    Soruk Guest

    On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 06:31:10 -0800, Doug Spinney <> wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >Does anyone know if it is possible to access Tesco Internet Phone
    >voicemail remotely? If so how?

    Through "conventional" means, I don't believe so.

    However, the way I do it is to remote-access into my DECT phone and
    disable its IP connection, then use the Ekiga softphone on my laptop to
    log in to my Tesco account and call *123 from there.

    Of course, not quite as convenient as being able to dial in from a PSTN
    phone but it's one way of getting the messages.

    Mail Me Anywhere - http://www.MailMeAnywhere.com/ - Mobile email

    Soruk, Nov 13, 2007

  3. Doug Spinney

    Nick Guest

    <> wrote:
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > >Does anyone know if it is possible to access Tesco Internet Phone
    > >voicemail remotely? If so how?

    > Through "conventional" means, I don't believe so.
    >
    > However, the way I do it is to remote-access into my DECT phone and
    > disable its IP connection, then use the Ekiga softphone on my laptop to
    > log in to my Tesco account and call *123 from there.
    >
    > Of course, not quite as convenient as being able to dial in from a PSTN
    > phone but it's one way of getting the messages.
    >
    > --
    > -- Michael "Soruk" McConnell Eridani Star System
    > MailStripper - http://www.MailStripper.eu/ - SMTP spam filter
    > Mail Me Anywhere - http://www.MailMeAnywhere.com/ - Mobile email
    > Second Number - http://secondnumber.matrixnetwork.co.uk/

    I don't know of a way to access the service via PSTN. However, using the
    following link, you can load the account into a webrowser and then dial
    *123 to hear messages.

    http://www.phonefromhere.com/tesco/index.html

    Nick, Nov 13, 2007
  4. Doug Spinney

    Doug Spinney Guest

    On Nov 13, 7:38 pm, "Nick" <> wrote:
    > "Soruk" <> wrote in message

    > > On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 06:31:10 -0800, Doug Spinney

    > <> wrote:
    > > >Hi,

    > > >Does anyone know if it is possible to access Tesco Internet Phone
    > > >voicemail remotely? If so how?

    > > Through "conventional" means, I don't believe so.

    > > However, the way I do it is to remote-access into my DECT phone and
    > > disable its IP connection, then use the Ekiga softphone on my laptop to
    > > log in to my Tesco account and call *123 from there.

    > > Of course, not quite as convenient as being able to dial in from a PSTN
    > > phone but it's one way of getting the messages.

    > > --
    > > -- Michael "Soruk" McConnell Eridani Star System
    > > MailStripper -http://www.MailStripper.eu/- SMTP spam filter
    > > Mail Me Anywhere -http://www.MailMeAnywhere.com/- Mobile email
    > > Second Number -http://secondnumber.matrixnetwork.co.uk/

    > I don't know of a way to access the service via PSTN. However, using the
    > following link, you can load the account into a webrowser and then dial
    > *123 to hear messages.
    >
    > http://www.phonefromhere.com/tesco/index.html

    Thanks forthe replies, I was really looking for a way from the PSTN
    but i'll try the phone from here link out.

    Cheers

    Doug.

    Doug Spinney, Nov 15, 2007
  5. Doug Spinney

    Guest

    On 15 Nov, 11:45, Doug Spinney <> wrote:
    > On Nov 13, 7:38 pm, "Nick" <> wrote:
    >

    > > "Soruk" <> wrote in message

    > > > Through "conventional" means, I don't believe so.

    > > > However, the way I do it is to remote-access into my DECTphoneand
    > > > disable its IP connection, then use the Ekiga softphone on my laptop to
    > > > log in to myTescoaccount and call *123 from there.

    > > > Of course, not quite as convenient as being able to dial in from a PSTN
    > > >phonebut it's one way of getting the messages.

    > > > --
    > > > -- Michael "Soruk" McConnell Eridani Star System
    > > > MailStripper -http://www.MailStripper.eu/-SMTP spam filter
    > > > Mail Me Anywhere -http://www.MailMeAnywhere.com/-Mobile email
    > > > Second Number -http://secondnumber.matrixnetwork.co.uk/

    > > I don't know of a way to access the service via PSTN. However, using the
    > > following link, you can load the account into a webrowser and then dial
    > > *123 to hear messages.

    > >http://www.phonefromhere.com/tesco/index.html

    > Thanks forthe replies, I was really looking for a way from the PSTN
    > but i'll try thephonefrom here link out.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Doug.- Hide quoted text -

    well - why dont you use the tesco voip client for your laptops, thats
    very convienient !

    , Dec 6, 2007