    the price of the 'real' one.
    Does anybody know if this is locked to the Tesco voip or can it be used
    with any sip provider?

    Ian Pawson, Mar 3, 2008

  2. Ian Pawson

    Nick Guest

    "Ian Pawson" <> wrote in message
    news:fqhcen$bpk$...
    > Tesco are selling a badged Siemens S450 VoIP/DECT phone for about half
    > the price of the 'real' one.
    > Does anybody know if this is locked to the Tesco voip or can it be used
    > with any sip provider?

    I believe it's locked, but hoping to hear otherwise this time round.

    Nick, Mar 3, 2008

  3. Ian Pawson

    Paul Hayes Guest

    Nick wrote:
    > "Ian Pawson" <> wrote in message
    >> Tesco are selling a badged Siemens S450 VoIP/DECT phone for about half
    >> the price of the 'real' one.
    >> Does anybody know if this is locked to the Tesco voip or can it be used
    >> with any sip provider?

    > I believe it's locked, but hoping to hear otherwise this time round.

    I've not bought one myself but I also believe it's locked, Tesco have
    got to make some money out of it somewhere.

    cheers,
    Paul.

    Paul Hayes, Mar 4, 2008
  4. Ian Pawson

    cybuerke Guest

    "Paul Hayes" <> wrote in message
    > Nick wrote:
    >> "Ian Pawson" <> wrote in message
    >>> Tesco are selling a badged Siemens S450 VoIP/DECT phone for about half
    >>> the price of the 'real' one.
    >>> Does anybody know if this is locked to the Tesco voip or can it be used
    >>> with any sip provider?

    >> I believe it's locked, but hoping to hear otherwise this time round.
    >>

    > I've not bought one myself but I also believe it's locked, Tesco have got
    > to make some money out of it somewhere.
    >
    > cheers,
    > Paul.

    Appears to be locked, but someone's seemingly jiggled it with asterisk.
    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Tesco Siemens DP450

    cybuerke, Mar 7, 2008
  5. Ian Pawson

    Ian Pawson Guest

    cybuerke wrote:
    cybuerke wrote:
    > "Paul Hayes" <> wrote in message
    >> Nick wrote:
    >>> "Ian Pawson" <> wrote in message
    >>> I believe it's locked, but hoping to hear otherwise this time round.
    >>>

    >> I've not bought one myself but I also believe it's locked, Tesco have got
    >> to make some money out of it somewhere.
    >>
    >> cheers,
    >> Paul.

    > Appears to be locked, but someone's seemingly jiggled it with asterisk.
    > http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Tesco Siemens DP450
    >

    > "Paul Hayes" <> wrote in message
    >> Nick wrote:
    >>> "Ian Pawson" <> wrote in message
    >>> I believe it's locked, but hoping to hear otherwise this time round.
    >>>

    >> I've not bought one myself but I also believe it's locked, Tesco have got
    >> to make some money out of it somewhere.
    >>
    >> cheers,
    >> Paul.

    > Appears to be locked, but someone's seemingly jiggled it with asterisk.
    > http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Tesco Siemens DP450

    Thanks for the pointer.

    Ian Pawson, Mar 7, 2008