    re-did everything...same result..

    Is this me? am I missing something?

    any suggestions?

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9zaHVhcmF0?=, Sep 3, 2005

  2. Have you updated your BIOS to an x2 compatible version and checked the BIOS
    settings?
    See
    http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/bios_revision.php?categories=1&model=278

    If you are not installing on a RAID array I wouldn't install the RAID
    drivers during setup.

    If you intend to use any of the cards with x64 I would leave them in during
    installation.

    Dominic Payer, Sep 4, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9zaHVhcmF0?=

    MikeSa Guest

    I had a similar problem when installing the TAP disk. I did a clean install
    with no need for F6 during setup and it took a little over two hours whereas
    the trial version took about 45 minutes to install the exact same way. I had
    mentioned this in an earlier post but I believe the post was largely
    ignored. I will say however after it finally installed I found it more
    responsive than the trial version especially when loading web pages, so I
    had questioned if anything had changed between the trial version and the TAP
    release and was told no. I am very satisfied with X64 and due to recent
    changes in my job will soon be going to XP64 exclusively

    Mike

    MikeSa, Sep 4, 2005
  4. Beyond this piece of sound advise from Dominic, I should add that you might
    want SATA support up and running before attempting to install win64, as most
    support CD's still is 32bit, I probably would consider installing something
    else first and make sure everything is up and in order.

    It is my experience that you could easily convert minutes to hours waiting
    for this, it will come back eventually, perhaps only to tell you that no
    disk was found. I am not sure if it has any impact if you have SATA only, or
    a combination of SATA/IDE, an option is to remove all discs that you will
    not use for the installation. But I do agree with Dominic, hook up
    everything that you will need!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 5, 2005