Terrible DVD accident

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by travisp@flint.com, Oct 28, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I was getting ready to watch a DVD movie. I had just inserted the dvd
    in the player when the phone rang. I grabbed the phone and at that
    instant I saw my 5 year old daughter fall off the couch next to the
    DVD player. When she fell, the cords from the DVD that go to the tv
    got caught on her and the DVD player crashed to the floor. There was
    a bright flash, some sparks, and then the whole house went dark, which
    also disconnected the cordless phone. I dropped the phone, ran to my
    daughter who was screaming and crying. I sat her on the couch and
    told her I'd be right back. I quickly unplugged the remains of the
    DVD player and ran ot the basement to reset the circuit breaker. My
    daughter was screaming very loud when I returned to the living room.
    That is when I got the shock of a lifetime. When I looked at her, her
    eyes were gone. There was blood running out of her eye sockets and
    thats when I saw the remaining pieces of her eye balls on the carpet
    in a pool of liquid and blood. I quickly rushed her to the hospital
    and was told that she will be blind for life. The laser in the DVD
    player actually melted her eye balls and there was no way to regain
    her vision. That's when I recalled the bright flash of light just
    before the sparks and power outage.

    Take this as a warning. DVD players are very dangerous. If you must
    have one, bolt it to a very solid object in your home, such as to a
    stud in the wall. Then place a heavy lead housing over the entire
    player just in case it is still destroyed in some manner. Better yet,
    so as I did. I have tossed every other DVD player, all DVDs, all CDs,
    and all CD players in the house. Even the one in my computer went to
    the trash. I will never have another of these dangerous things in my
    home. my daughter lost her vision just because I did not heed the
    precautions and insisted on watching a movie when I should have been
    with my child. I blame myself now, but it's too late.....

    Travis P
    , Oct 28, 2007
    1. Advertisements

  2. Kimba W Lion Guest

    wrote: ..a pile of shit.

    The really sad thing is, some asshole is going to turn this into one of
    those virus chain letters that idiots at work print out and shove in your
    Kimba W Lion, Oct 28, 2007
    1. Advertisements

  3. On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 06:01:41 -0500, wrote:

    >Take this as a warning.

    You're an idiot, and a liar, and as transparent as Scotty's clear
    ChairmanOfTheBored, Oct 28, 2007
  4. impmon Guest

    [snip troll]

    How did that post get past my troll trap?


    Time to stock up on queer bait...
    impmon, Oct 28, 2007
  5. What DVD was it?

    > I was getting ready to watch a DVD movie. I had just inserted the dvd
    > in the player when the phone rang.
    Kenneth J. Harris, Oct 29, 2007
  6. "Kenneth J. Harris" <> wrote in message
    > What DVD was it?
    > wrote:
    >> I was getting ready to watch a DVD movie. I had just inserted the dvd
    >> in the player when the phone rang.

    It had to be "The Ring 3".

    Within seven seconds of watching it your DVD player explodes and burns your
    eyes out.

    Stephen Stewart, Oct 30, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Lee Thian Leong

    Digital camera : How to undelete pics deleted by accident?

    Lee Thian Leong, Aug 10, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Reg Hamilton
    Aug 13, 2003

    Deleted a newsgroup by accident

    MASSIVE, Aug 14, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Monsignor Larville Jones MD
    Aug 18, 2003
  3. neville

    accident hotspots in north wales

    neville, May 3, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Dr. Bill
    May 3, 2005
  4. googley
    Ralph Wade Phillips
    Sep 12, 2005
  5. Russell B Waters

    I dropped my Canon S500 in the toilet by accident

    Russell B Waters, Aug 15, 2004, in forum: Digital Photography
    Aug 17, 2004