TERMS AND CONDITIONS VIOLATION

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by HamMan, Sep 2, 2003.

  1. HamMan

    HamMan Guest

    iWars Anti-Spam Policy
    iWars prohibits its members from using spam and other forms of Internet
    abuse to gain character power. Spam is defined as including, but not limited
    to, the following:

    Electronic mail messages addressed to a recipient with whom the initiator
    does not have an existing business or personal relationship or is not sent
    at the request of, or with the express consent of, the recipient;

    ************************

    Messages posted to Usenet and message boards that are off-topic (unrelated
    to the topic of discussion), cross-posted to unrelated newsgroups, or posted
    in excessive volume;

    ************************
    Solicitations posted to chat rooms, or to groups or individuals via Internet
    Relay Chat or "Instant Messaging" system (such as ICQ);
    Certain off-line activities that, while not considered spam, are similar in
    nature, including distributing flyers or leaflets on private property or
    where prohibited by applicable rules, regulations, or laws.
    iWars may undertake, at its sole discretion and with or without prior
    notice, the following enforcement actions:

    Account Termination: Upon the receipt of a credible complaint, iWars may
    immediately terminate the membership of the individual implicated in the
    abuse. Termination results in the immediate closure of the account, and a
    prohibition against any future membership.

    HamMan, Sep 2, 2003

  2. HamMan

    Richard Guest

    HamMan wrote:>>

    > iWars Anti-Spam Policy
    > iWars prohibits its members from using spam and other forms of Internet
    > abuse to gain character power. Spam is defined as including, but not
    > limited to, the following:

    > Electronic mail messages addressed to a recipient with whom the initiator
    > does not have an existing business or personal relationship or is not
    > sent at the request of, or with the express consent of, the recipient;

    > ************************

    > Messages posted to Usenet and message boards that are off-topic
    > (unrelated to the topic of discussion), cross-posted to unrelated
    > newsgroups, or posted in excessive volume;

    > ************************
    > Solicitations posted to chat rooms, or to groups or individuals via
    > Internet Relay Chat or "Instant Messaging" system (such as ICQ);
    > Certain off-line activities that, while not considered spam, are similar
    > in nature, including distributing flyers or leaflets on private property
    > or where prohibited by applicable rules, regulations, or laws.
    > iWars may undertake, at its sole discretion and with or without prior
    > notice, the following enforcement actions:

    > Account Termination: Upon the receipt of a credible complaint, iWars may
    > immediately terminate the membership of the individual implicated in the
    > abuse. Termination results in the immediate closure of the account, and a
    > prohibition against any future membership.

    Typical legal mumbo jumbo. However, they can not control what you do
    offline.
    Distributing leaflets is a form of legal advertising.
    And is also constitutionaly protected under "Freedom of speech".
    What if you have a commercial on a television network? According to them,
    loosely applied, you could be terminated.
    Screw them. Find another host.

    Richard, Sep 3, 2003

  3. HamMan

    trout Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > HamMan wrote:>>
    >
    > > iWars Anti-Spam Policy

    <snip>

    > Typical legal mumbo jumbo. However, they can not control what you do
    > offline.
    > Distributing leaflets is a form of legal advertising.
    > And is also constitutionaly protected under "Freedom of speech".
    > What if you have a commercial on a television network? According to
    > them, loosely applied, you could be terminated.
    > Screw them. Find another host.

    It's a frequently-spammed, 'click this and help me' *game* site, you
    fucking moron.
    --
    "Shut up, shut up, shut up."

    trout, Sep 3, 2003
  4. HamMan

    Jimchip Guest

    On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 18:20:48 -0700, trout wrote:
    > Richard wrote:
    >
    >> HamMan wrote:>>
    >>
    >> > iWars Anti-Spam Policy

    ><snip>
    >
    >> Typical legal mumbo jumbo. However, they can not control what you do
    >> offline.
    >> Distributing leaflets is a form of legal advertising.
    >> And is also constitutionaly protected under "Freedom of speech".
    >> What if you have a commercial on a television network? According to
    >> them, loosely applied, you could be terminated.
    >> Screw them. Find another host.

    > It's a frequently-spammed, 'click this and help me' *game* site, you
    > fucking moron.

    It was typical Bullis 'mumbo jumbo' :)

    --
    "Why can't somebody give us a list of things that everybody thinks and
    nobody says, and another list of things that everybody says and nobody

    Jimchip, Sep 3, 2003
  5. Richard Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed
    in <>:
    > Typical legal mumbo jumbo. However, they can not control what you do
    > offline.

    Unless it involves your online e-mail/etc.

    > Distributing leaflets is a form of legal advertising.
    > And is also constitutionaly protected under "Freedom of speech".

    Didn't notice that the headers had "uk" in them? Since when are the
    good Brits subject to our constitution while sitting in their pubs?

    > What if you have a commercial on a television network? According to
    > them, loosely applied, you could be terminated.
    > Screw them. Find another host.

    Better than what you do. Get nuked at one for something, then
    having to find another one. <G>

    NOI

    --

    There must be wonderful paintings on the walls of his ass, for his
    head to be stuck up there for so long...!

    Thund3rstruck, Sep 3, 2003
  6. HamMan

    nemo Guest

    Richard <anom@anom> wrote in message news:...
    > HamMan wrote:>>
    >
    > > iWars Anti-Spam Policy
    > > iWars prohibits its members from using spam and other forms of Internet
    > > abuse to gain character power. Spam is defined as including, but not
    > > limited to, the following:

    > > Electronic mail messages addressed to a recipient with whom the

    initiator
    > > does not have an existing business or personal relationship or is not
    > > sent at the request of, or with the express consent of, the recipient;

    > > ************************

    > > Messages posted to Usenet and message boards that are off-topic
    > > (unrelated to the topic of discussion), cross-posted to unrelated
    > > newsgroups, or posted in excessive volume;

    > > ************************
    > > Solicitations posted to chat rooms, or to groups or individuals via
    > > Internet Relay Chat or "Instant Messaging" system (such as ICQ);
    > > Certain off-line activities that, while not considered spam, are

    similar
    > > in nature, including distributing flyers or leaflets on private

    property
    > > or where prohibited by applicable rules, regulations, or laws.
    > > iWars may undertake, at its sole discretion and with or without prior
    > > notice, the following enforcement actions:

    > > Account Termination: Upon the receipt of a credible complaint, iWars

    may
    > > immediately terminate the membership of the individual implicated in

    the
    > > abuse. Termination results in the immediate closure of the account, and

    > > prohibition against any future membership.

    > Typical legal mumbo jumbo. However, they can not control what you do
    > offline.
    > Distributing leaflets is a form of legal advertising.
    > And is also constitutionaly protected under "Freedom of speech".
    > What if you have a commercial on a television network? According to them,
    > loosely applied, you could be terminated.
    > Screw them. Find another host.

    The most ridiculous bit of mumbo jumbo I've ever come across was on some
    software. It said, "By opening this packaging, you become legally bound by
    the terms and conditions contained within."

    So we might as well repeal our Unfair Contract Terms Act and all go home!

    You've gotta laugh or you'll cry!

    Nemo

    (Shark!!?? What shark??)

    nemo, Sep 3, 2003