    the spam from this clue-deprived spam friendly customer.

    Gahhh...

    /rant.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 23, 2005

  2. "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote:

    >Is there anyway to get an ISP to enforce their terms and conditions?
    >
    >I have been getting no end of spam at both home and work coming from a
    >single DSL account

    Cc your complaints to Spamhaus? http://www.spamhaus.org/

    cheers
    Steve
    Steve Marshall, May 23, 2005

  3. Steve Marshall wrote:
    >>Is there anyway to get an ISP to enforce their terms and conditions?
    >>I have been getting no end of spam at both home and work coming from a
    >>single DSL account

    > Cc your complaints to Spamhaus? http://www.spamhaus.org/

    have been.

    I notice that as of yesterday I no longer get even the automatic
    response from abuse@ some I'm guessing that they are either sick of me,
    or get enough complaints that they've hit some sort of limit.

    It's really starting to **** me off.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 23, 2005
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Is there anyway to get an ISP to enforce their terms and conditions?
    >
    > I have been getting no end of spam at both home and work coming from a
    > single DSL account(222-153-141-253.jetstream.xtra.co.nz), and yet
    > complaints for two weeks have yelded no human response, and no end to
    > the spam from this clue-deprived spam friendly customer.
    >
    > Gahhh...
    >
    > /rant.

    Helps if you have a business level manager at Xtra to talk to. Thats howcome
    Harry (The Village Idiot) lost his xtra account as I am the Tech liason for
    several bigish commercial accounts with xtra.

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*
    Collector»NZ, May 23, 2005
  5. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Is there anyway to get an ISP to enforce their terms and conditions?
    >
    > I have been getting no end of spam at both home and work coming from a
    > single DSL account(222-153-141-253.jetstream.xtra.co.nz), and yet
    > complaints for two weeks have yelded no human response, and no end to
    > the spam from this clue-deprived spam friendly customer.
    >
    > Gahhh...
    >
    > /rant.

    Just had a sniff at that address and oh boy, do a little google for attack
    tools and you should be able to knock it off the net yourself.

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*
    Collector»NZ, May 23, 2005
  6. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    steve Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Is there anyway to get an ISP to enforce their terms and conditions?
    >
    > I have been getting no end of spam at both home and work coming from a
    > single DSL account(222-153-141-253.jetstream.xtra.co.nz), and yet
    > complaints for two weeks have yelded no human response, and no end to
    > the spam from this clue-deprived spam friendly customer.
    >
    > Gahhh...
    >
    > /rant.

    Write a letter - on paper - to the chief executive and threaten legal
    action - citing the relevant part of the T's & C's.

    If, after writing the best letter you can manage, you think your case
    sucks......don't send it.
    steve, May 23, 2005
  7. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Harry Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:

    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >> Is there anyway to get an ISP to enforce their terms and conditions?
    >>
    >> I have been getting no end of spam at both home and work coming from a
    >> single DSL account(222-153-141-253.jetstream.xtra.co.nz), and yet
    >> complaints for two weeks have yelded no human response, and no end to
    >> the spam from this clue-deprived spam friendly customer.
    >>
    >> Gahhh...
    >>
    >> /rant.

    > Helps if you have a business level manager at Xtra to talk to. Thats
    > howcome Harry (The Village Idiot) lost his xtra account as I am the Tech
    > liason for several bigish commercial accounts with xtra.

    Harry never lost his Xtra account.

    The only thing big about you is that hole in your head.
    Harry, May 23, 2005
  8. On Mon, 23 May 2005 19:04:03 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <> wrote:

    >Is there anyway to get an ISP to enforce their terms and conditions?
    >
    >I have been getting no end of spam at both home and work coming from a
    >single DSL account(222-153-141-253.jetstream.xtra.co.nz), and yet
    >complaints for two weeks have yelded no human response, and no end to
    >the spam from this clue-deprived spam friendly customer.

    Xtra is absolutely useless on stuff like that
    Haha!
    FreedomChooser, May 23, 2005
  9. On Mon, 23 May 2005 19:04:03 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <> wrote:

    >Is there anyway to get an ISP to enforce their terms and conditions?
    >
    >I have been getting no end of spam at both home and work coming from a
    >single DSL account(222-153-141-253.jetstream.xtra.co.nz), and yet
    >complaints for two weeks have yelded no human response, and no end to
    >the spam from this clue-deprived spam friendly customer.
    >
    >Gahhh...

    Bloody xtra cowboys
    Remember all the screams of outrage when they ended up in the
    blacklists a few times
    FreedomChooser, May 23, 2005
  10. Collector»NZ wrote:
    > Just had a sniff at that address and oh boy, do a little google for
    > attack tools and you should be able to knock it off the net yourself.

    Unfortunately Im not *that* mean, besides, they'd have it back online
    and not patched in an hour or so.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 23, 2005
  11. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Scooter Guest

    On , , Mon, 23 May 2005 23:38:05 +1200, Re: Terms and Conditions
    enforcement. rant, Harry <> wrote:

    >Collector»NZ wrote:
    >
    >> Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >>> Is there anyway to get an ISP to enforce their terms and conditions?
    >>>
    >>> I have been getting no end of spam at both home and work coming from a
    >>> single DSL account(222-153-141-253.jetstream.xtra.co.nz), and yet
    >>> complaints for two weeks have yelded no human response, and no end to
    >>> the spam from this clue-deprived spam friendly customer.
    >>>
    >>> Gahhh...
    >>>
    >>> /rant.

    >> Helps if you have a business level manager at Xtra to talk to. Thats
    >> howcome Harry (The Village Idiot) lost his xtra account as I am the Tech
    >> liason for several bigish commercial accounts with xtra.
    >>

    >Harry never lost his Xtra account.

    Do you really think you are fooling anyone by talking about
    yourself in the third person, or are you depriving a village
    somewhere of a resident idiot?

    >The only thing big about you is that hole in your head.

    Hell, if you sat down on a flat surface without pants you would
    be suction locked onto it.
    --
    "You look a little shy; let me introduce you to that
    leg of mutton" said the Red Queen.
    Scooter, May 28, 2005
  12. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Harry Guest

    Scooter wrote:

    > On , , Mon, 23 May 2005 23:38:05 +1200, Re: Terms and Conditions
    > enforcement. rant, Harry <> wrote:
    >
    >>Collector»NZ wrote:

    >>> Helps if you have a business level manager at Xtra to talk to. Thats
    >>> howcome Harry (The Village Idiot) lost his xtra account as I am the Tech
    >>> liason for several bigish commercial accounts with xtra.
    >>>

    >>Harry never lost his Xtra account.

    > Do you really think you are fooling anyone by talking about
    > yourself in the third person, or are you depriving a village
    > somewhere of a resident idiot?

    How about a little nit-picking to keep otherwise useless people
    gainfully occupied?

    >>The only thing big about you is that hole in your head.

    > Hell, if you sat down on a flat surface without pants you would
    > be suction locked onto it.

    You assume that because you tried it yourself and found out
    what happens. Unfortunately other people aren't quite like yourself
    so extrapolating your person experience beyond your own realm
    has little merit.
    Harry, May 28, 2005
  13. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Scooter Guest

    On , , Sat, 28 May 2005 15:51:37 +1200, Re: Terms and Conditions
    enforcement. rant, Harry <> wrote:

    >Scooter wrote:
    >
    >> On , , Mon, 23 May 2005 23:38:05 +1200, Re: Terms and Conditions
    >> enforcement. rant, Harry <> wrote:

    >>>Harry never lost his Xtra account.

    >> Do you really think you are fooling anyone by talking about
    >> yourself in the third person, or are you depriving a village
    >> somewhere of a resident idiot?

    >How about a little nit-picking to keep otherwise useless people
    >gainfully occupied?
    >

    >>>The only thing big about you is that hole in your head.

    >> Hell, if you sat down on a flat surface without pants you would
    >> be suction locked onto it.

    >You assume that because you tried it yourself and found out
    >what happens.

    You wish!

    >Unfortunately other people aren't quite like yourself
    >so extrapolating your person experience beyond your own realm
    >has little merit.

    Stop projecting your insecurites onto me.

    Scooter, Jun 1, 2005