    I have searched the documentation but cannot find any command that will
    allow termination (kill) of a VPN remote client session from the console.

    Is there a way other than restarting the PIX?

    S. Gione, Jul 28, 2004

  2. S. Gione

    PES Guest

    I think you just

    clear crypto isakmp sa
    clear crypto ipsec sa

    but double check me. If I remember correctly, the caveat is that you have
    to be in configuration mode which always made me think it was going to
    remove something from my config.

    PES, Jul 29, 2004

  3. You are correct with

    clear crypto isakmp
    clear crypto ipsec

    But note that if the other endpoint sees more valid traffice for the
    vpn it will begin pahse 1 ike again and bring the vpn back up.

    The only way to stop this happening would be to remove the vpn. or
    change the ACL's temporarly then run the above commands.

    Rich

    Richard Sanderson, Jul 29, 2004