    J.wilson Guest

    Has anyone been able to get Teranews working again using
    winxp sp2 and outlook express?

    J.wilson, Nov 22, 2005

  2. J.wilson

    Mutlley Guest

    "J.wilson" <> wrote:

    >Has anyone been able to get Teranews working again using
    >winxp sp2 and outlook express?

    Have a look at Teranews system status. It may provide the answer..

    Mutlley, Nov 22, 2005

  3. J.wilson

    J.wilson Guest

    "Mutlley" <> wrote in message
    > "J.wilson" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Has anyone been able to get Teranews working again using
    >>winxp sp2 and outlook express?
    >>

    > Have a look at Teranews system status. It may provide the answer..

    They advise reinstalling the connection settings and downloading
    all the headers but it still does not work for me.
    I want to determine who is at fault, me or them.
    I have often wasted a lot of time trying to fix something that
    is'nt broke.

    J.wilson, Nov 22, 2005
  4. J.wilson

    Mutlley Guest

    "J.wilson" <> wrote:

    >"Mutlley" <> wrote in message
    >> "J.wilson" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Has anyone been able to get Teranews working again using
    >>>winxp sp2 and outlook express?
    >>>

    >> Have a look at Teranews system status. It may provide the answer..

    >They advise reinstalling the connection settings and downloading
    >all the headers but it still does not work for me.
    >I want to determine who is at fault, me or them.
    >I have often wasted a lot of time trying to fix something that
    >is'nt broke.

    I would suggest that you look at a news reader other than outlook.
    Try Free Agent or Agent from http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php

    Mutlley, Nov 22, 2005
  5. J.wilson

    J.wilson Guest

    "Mutlley" <> wrote in message
    > "J.wilson" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Mutlley" <> wrote in message

    >>> Have a look at Teranews system status. It may provide the answer..

    >>They advise reinstalling the connection settings and downloading
    >>all the headers but it still does not work for me.
    >>I want to determine who is at fault, me or them.
    >>I have often wasted a lot of time trying to fix something that
    >>is'nt broke.
    >>

    > I would suggest that you look at a news reader other than outlook.
    > Try Free Agent or Agent from http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php

    Looks like I'll have to. Teranews is broken.
    Thankyou Mutley.

    J.wilson, Nov 23, 2005
  6. J.wilson

    steve Guest

    J.wilson wrote:
    > Has anyone been able to get Teranews working again using
    > winxp sp2 and outlook express?

    It's crap.

    Doesn't matter what the OS or news client is.

    steve, Nov 23, 2005
  7. J.wilson

    canon paora Guest

    Yep, Teranews is fucked.

    Can download ALL headers or none at all. Posted messages don't seem to
    appear on GoogleGroups . Googlegroups sucks but when you're desperate
    to call someone a **** you can't be a choosey beggar.

    canon paora, Nov 27, 2005
  8. J.wilson

    jimw Guest

    In article <>, canon paora
    says...

    >Yep, Teranews is fucked.
    >
    >Can download ALL headers or none at all. Posted messages don't seem to
    >appear on GoogleGroups . Googlegroups sucks but when you're desperate
    >to call someone a **** you can't be a choosey beggar.

    nntpjunkie.com - $10/mnth for 30gigs and web access. so far, so good.

    jim

    jimw, Dec 2, 2005