    lousy news service - worse than Orcon - I now find my userid and password
    are rejected by their news server.

    So not only do they not work.....they may be unable to handle criticism.
    steve, Jul 11, 2004

  2. steve

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    "steve" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > After posting earlier today (via Teranews) that Teranews seemed to have a
    > lousy news service - worse than Orcon - I now find my userid and password
    > are rejected by their news server.
    >
    > So not only do they not work.....they may be unable to handle criticism.

    Or, you are truly stupid?!

    Terrenes has had some issues over the years, but overall they provide a good
    service.

    Moral to the story - don't bite the hand that feeds you.

    RJ out.
    Ryan Jacobs, Jul 11, 2004

  3. steve

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    "Ryan Jacobs" <> wrote in message

    > "steve" <> wrote in message
    > > After posting earlier today (via Teranews) that Teranews seemed to have

    > > lousy news service - worse than Orcon - I now find my userid and

    password
    > > are rejected by their news server.
    > >
    > > So not only do they not work.....they may be unable to handle criticism.
    > >

    > Or, you are truly stupid?!
    >
    > Terrenes has had some issues over the years, but overall they provide a

    good
    > service.
    >
    > Moral to the story - don't bite the hand that feeds you.
    >
    > RJ out.

    Oops, spell checker was a little hasty. Terrenes should read Teranews.

    RJ out.
    Ryan Jacobs, Jul 11, 2004
  4. On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 19:16:51 +1200, steve <> wrote:

    >After posting earlier today (via Teranews) that Teranews seemed to have a
    >lousy news service - worse than Orcon - I now find my userid and password
    >are rejected by their news server.
    >
    >So not only do they not work.....they may be unable to handle criticism.

    The Same happened to me and Ihug, Take them to Court, seems to me they are run
    by a bunch of teenagers..

    And my Comments about Ihug were in a closed news group..
    The GHOST of WOGER., Jul 11, 2004
  5. steve

    Divine Guest

    On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 21:29:40 +1200, The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:

    > And my Comments about Ihug were in a closed news group..

    LOL - "closed" newsgroup???

    Your "closed" newsgroup is readable world wide!

    Divine

    --
    "Gay, lesbian and bisexual people are often portrayed as a threat to all
    that is good and decent. When we seek the SAME rights as others, these
    Divine, Jul 11, 2004
  6. steve

    ~misfit~ Guest

    The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
    > On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 19:16:51 +1200, steve <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> After posting earlier today (via Teranews) that Teranews seemed to
    >> have a lousy news service - worse than Orcon - I now find my userid
    >> and password are rejected by their news server.
    >>
    >> So not only do they not work.....they may be unable to handle
    >> criticism.
    >>

    > The Same happened to me and Ihug, Take them to Court, seems to me
    > they are run by a bunch of teenagers..

    Did you take them to court? What was the outcome?
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Jul 11, 2004
  7. steve

    steve Guest

    Ryan Jacobs wrote:

    > "steve" <> wrote in message
    >> After posting earlier today (via Teranews) that Teranews seemed to have a
    >> lousy news service - worse than Orcon - I now find my userid and password
    >> are rejected by their news server.
    >>
    >> So not only do they not work.....they may be unable to handle criticism.

    > Or, you are truly stupid?!

    I'm the man.....go play the ball.
    steve, Jul 11, 2004
  8. steve

    JohnO Guest

    "steve" <> wrote in message
    > After posting earlier today (via Teranews) that Teranews seemed to have a
    > lousy news service - worse than Orcon - I now find my userid and password
    > are rejected by their news server.
    >
    > So not only do they not work.....they may be unable to handle criticism.

    LOL - you must be joking! Do you seriously believe they would notice your
    post, let alone give a shit? You must have a massive self-importance complex
    combined with rampant conspiracy theory based paranoia.
    JohnO, Jul 11, 2004
  9. steve

    steve Guest

    JohnO wrote:

    > "steve" <> wrote in message
    >> After posting earlier today (via Teranews) that Teranews seemed to have a
    >> lousy news service - worse than Orcon - I now find my userid and password
    >> are rejected by their news server.
    >>
    >> So not only do they not work.....they may be unable to handle criticism.

    > LOL - you must be joking! Do you seriously believe they would notice your
    > post, let alone give a shit? You must have a massive self-importance
    > complex combined with rampant conspiracy theory based paranoia.

    You have an exaggerated sense of your own insignificance.

    .....and you can't read.

    I said "may".

    Facts:

    1 - critical post made.
    2 - all susequent attempts to post via their service - despite having paid
    for it - have been unsuccessful.

    Are you one of those people who ignore the facts in favour of your
    preconceptions?

    If so, please don't waste my time. I have none for people like that.
    steve, Jul 12, 2004
  10. steve

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "The GHOST of WOGER." <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 19:16:51 +1200, steve <> wrote:
    >
    > >After posting earlier today (via Teranews) that Teranews seemed to have a
    > >lousy news service - worse than Orcon - I now find my userid and password
    > >are rejected by their news server.
    > >
    > >So not only do they not work.....they may be unable to handle criticism.
    > >

    > The Same happened to me and Ihug, Take them to Court, seems to me they are

    run
    > by a bunch of teenagers..
    >
    > And my Comments about Ihug were in a closed news group..

    LOL
    Not to anyone that uses ihug they're not.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Jul 12, 2004
  11. steve

    John Guest

    "steve" <> wrote in message
    > JohnO wrote:
    >

    > > "steve" <> wrote in message
    > >> After posting earlier today (via Teranews) that Teranews seemed to have

    > >> lousy news service - worse than Orcon - I now find my userid and

    password
    > >> are rejected by their news server.
    > >>
    > >> So not only do they not work.....they may be unable to handle

    criticism.

    > > LOL - you must be joking! Do you seriously believe they would notice

    your
    > > post, let alone give a shit? You must have a massive self-importance
    > > complex combined with rampant conspiracy theory based paranoia.

    > You have an exaggerated sense of your own insignificance.
    >
    > ....and you can't read.
    >
    > I said "may".
    >
    > Facts:
    >
    > 1 - critical post made.
    > 2 - all susequent attempts to post via their service - despite having paid
    > for it - have been unsuccessful.
    >
    > Are you one of those people who ignore the facts in favour of your
    > preconceptions?
    >
    > If so, please don't waste my time. I have none for people like that.

    Have you checked their T&Cs. It may have a clause that says you can't
    mention their companies name in a bad way that could affect their company.
    John, Jul 12, 2004
  12. Divine wrote:
    >>And my Comments about Ihug were in a closed news group..

    > LOL - "closed" newsgroup???
    > Your "closed" newsgroup is readable world wide!

    you mean ihug.general is readable from outside of ihugs network?
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 12, 2004
  13. steve

    Divine Guest

    On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 13:17:37 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >>>And my Comments about Ihug were in a closed news group..

    >> LOL - "closed" newsgroup???
    >> Your "closed" newsgroup is readable world wide!

    > you mean ihug.general is readable from outside of ihugs network?

    Dunno about that. I was talking about his comments in NZ.COMP.

    Divine

    --
    Bruce Schneier: "Honestly, security experts don't pick on Microsoft because
    we have some fundamental dislike for the company. Indeed, Microsoft's poor
    Divine, Jul 12, 2004
  14. Divine wrote:

    >>>LOL - "closed" newsgroup???
    >>>Your "closed" newsgroup is readable world wide!

    >>you mean ihug.general is readable from outside of ihugs network?

    > Dunno about that. I was talking about his comments in NZ.COMP.

    I believe he was referring to his comments inside the ihug.* groups
    which are only available from inside the ihug network, much like the
    xtra.* groups are only available inside theirs etc.

    There are a few exceptions to this, I used to use the Xtra groups from
    another connection, that neither had Xtra as an upstream, nor paid Xtra
    for the priviledge of using their news server... looks like it was just
    one of those anomolies in life... probably an IP based filter set with
    an IP that they used to own or similar.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 12, 2004
  15. On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:18:59 +1200, steve <>
    wrote:

    >JohnO wrote:
    >

    >> "steve" <> wrote in message
    >>> After posting earlier today (via Teranews) that Teranews seemed to have a
    >>> lousy news service - worse than Orcon - I now find my userid and password
    >>> are rejected by their news server.
    >>>
    >>> So not only do they not work.....they may be unable to handle criticism.

    >> LOL - you must be joking! Do you seriously believe they would notice your
    >> post, let alone give a shit? You must have a massive self-importance
    >> complex combined with rampant conspiracy theory based paranoia.

    >You have an exaggerated sense of your own insignificance.
    >
    >....and you can't read.
    >
    >I said "may".
    >
    >Facts:
    >
    >1 - critical post made.
    >2 - all susequent attempts to post via their service - despite having paid
    >for it - have been unsuccessful.
    >
    >Are you one of those people who ignore the facts in favour of your
    >preconceptions?
    >
    >If so, please don't waste my time. I have none for people like that.

    I think the explanation is much more simple than their having noticed
    you. Check their status page - they seem to have been doing major
    renovations to their systems, and have lost some accounts in the
    process. They also have a new scheme where you have to activate your
    account by logging into the web page and getting it to email you a
    validation URL to click on.
    Stephen Worthington, Jul 12, 2004