Teranews - free server inoperable - and general questions on Teranews reliability ??

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by no-name, Sep 18, 2004.

  1. no-name

    no-name Guest

    anyone else having big problems with Teranews ?

    tried the Teranews free version and found it to be a better newsgroup system
    than my ISP - with more newsgroups, fewer missed posts, longer retention...

    I decided to switch to the paid subscription version,
    but on the verge of doing that - I find the free version has stopped working

    I'm pretty sure it's Teranews with a problem, and not me:
    the settings in my newsreader apps haven't been changed
    and my ISP's news-server can still be accessed fine

    if I were cynical, I might think that Teranews was deliberately undermining
    their own free service, to push users to upgrade to a paid subscription

    so - anyone else having problems with Teranews -
    whether a free account or a subscription account ?

    (
    and to pre-empt the inevitable comment that
    anyone losing newsgroup access won't be able to see this posting -

    they would if they have access to some other news-server - or Google
    Groups...
    )

    no-name, Sep 18, 2004

  2. On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 01:49:59 +0100, no-name wrote:

    > so - anyone else having problems with Teranews -
    > whether a free account or a subscription account ?

    My free Teranews account seems to be working just fine.

    --
    Martin
    "Photographs From the Universe of Amateur Astronomy"

    Martin R. Howell, Sep 18, 2004

  3. Im useing teranews with out any problems
    thay where haveing problems a few weeks ago with there Free srvers, thay
    have a System status link on there web page there vary good about keeping it
    up to date
    http://www.teranews.com/systemstatus.html

    ~Drew

    free.teranews.com, Sep 18, 2004