    Creative Labs Audigy SE
    Monitor Envision ENVISION
    Wireless BellSouth DSL
    New Orleans Novice, Apr 20, 2008

  2. New Orleans Novice

    Chuck Guest

    A guess would be poor shielding, or a defective surge limiter on the DSL
    line. Since there are also lots of other possibilities, such as bad
    grounding of the home electrical system, or even a bad cable or ground in
    the audio cables. it' sort of a who knows deal. Are the stations local?

    "New Orleans Novice" <> wrote in message
    > Tenn Station On My Wireless Router. Wireless BellSouth DSL
    >
    > 1 or 2 times per week I hear a radio or TV station in my PC spealkers.

    All
    > programs are closed. I have a Wireless Modem / Router with Wireless
    > BellSouth DSL. I also have a 2nd wireless USR Router connected to the 1st
    > Wireles Modem / Router.
    >
    > How is that coming in? Somethings the voices are in a foreign language.
    > This week I heard the call letters very loud and clear of a station in

    Tenn.

    Chuck, Apr 20, 2008

  3. New Orleans Novice

    VanguardLH Guest

    New Orleans Novice wrote:

    > Tenn Station On My Wireless Router. Wireless BellSouth DSL
    >
    > 1 or 2 times per week I hear a radio or TV station in my PC spealkers. All
    > programs are closed. I have a Wireless Modem / Router with Wireless
    > BellSouth DSL. I also have a 2nd wireless USR Router connected to the 1st
    > Wireles Modem / Router.
    >
    > How is that coming in? Somethings the voices are in a foreign language.
    > This week I heard the call letters very loud and clear of a station in Tenn.

    Use shielded speaker wires (if you get to select which ones to use
    rather than being permanently attached to the speakers).

    Could be coming through the power lines up the power cord to the
    amplifier in the powered speaker set. You'll need a line filter to get
    rid of that, or a UPS might work (if it incorporates an isolation
    transformer which means it'll be heavier than just the battery inside).

    Same happen if you hook up a set of unpowered headphones to the same
    jacks as to where you connected the powered speaker set? That is, plug
    in headphones into the audio out jack on the computer.
    VanguardLH, Apr 20, 2008
  4. New Orleans Novice

    smlunatick Guest

    On Apr 20, 12:44 am, VanguardLH <> wrote:
    > New Orleans Novice wrote:
    > > Tenn Station On My Wireless Router.  Wireless BellSouth DSL

    > > 1 or 2 times per week I hear a radio or TV station in my PC spealkers.  All
    > > programs are closed.  I have a Wireless Modem / Router with Wireless
    > > BellSouth DSL.  I also have a 2nd wireless USR Router connected to the 1st
    > > Wireles Modem / Router.

    > > How is that coming in?  Somethings the voices are in a foreign language.
    > > This week I heard the call letters very loud and clear of a station in Tenn.

    > Use shielded speaker wires (if you get to select which ones to use
    > rather than being permanently attached to the speakers).
    >
    > Could be coming through the power lines up the power cord to the
    > amplifier in the powered speaker set.  You'll need a line filter to get
    > rid of that, or a UPS might work (if it incorporates an isolation
    > transformer which means it'll be heavier than just the battery inside).
    >
    > Same happen if you hook up a set of unpowered headphones to the same
    > jacks as to where you connected the powered speaker set?  That is, plug
    > in headphones into the audio out jack on the computer.

    I agree with this posibility. If you were to also place a GSM based
    cell phone near to your PC, you will hear a sound during the incoming
    calls (ringing.)
    smlunatick, Apr 20, 2008
  5. New Orleans Novice

    smlunatick Guest

    Second, any unshielded wire can / will act just like any antenna. If you were
    to check the simple FM antennas, they are just simple copper wire.

    smlunatick, Apr 21, 2008
  6. Thanks everyone for all the help. You'all come by and get some gumbo
    New Orleans Novice, Apr 22, 2008