    Any ideas?
    TIA
    R.

    Ragnar, Aug 31, 2010

  2. Ragnar

    - Bobb - Guest

    "Ragnar" <> wrote in message
    news:Jf3fo.17556$2...
    > Whenever I run Ccleaner it always finds many megabytes of Temporary
    > Internet Files in Internet Explorer, sometimes hundreds of MB. As I don't
    > use IE (I use Firefox) this is a bit of a mystery.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    > TIA
    > R.

    I assume in "TEMP" folder.
    Where is your Temp folder ?
    Have you redefined it ? Maybe it's IE/Temp files ?
    XP ? to check it ...
    Start- control panel - system - advanced - environmental settings
    change it to wherever you'd like it to be.

    If you don't use IE at all, minimize the disk space assigned to it:
    Start- control panel - Internet Options - general tab click Settings or
    Browsing settings and change it to ... 10mb ? Default is a much larger
    number ( varies with edition but used to be 10% of free space).

    - Bobb -, Aug 31, 2010

  3. Ragnar

    Ragnar Guest

    "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    > Ragnar wrote:
    >> Whenever I run Ccleaner it always finds many megabytes of Temporary
    >> Internet Files in Internet Explorer, sometimes hundreds of MB. As I
    >> don't use IE (I use Firefox) this is a bit of a mystery.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >> TIA
    >> R.

    > Temp files are NOT "in" Insanity Exploder.

    You're a bit of a nit picker aren't you? The files are under the heading of
    'Internet Explorer' in Ccleaner. All right now?

    Anyway I now think the files may be something to do with attachments in
    Outlook Express (which I DO use) rather than IE.

    R.

    Ragnar, Aug 31, 2010