    were stored, but I can't find those same folders in Windows XP.
    Please help.

    Thanks!

    mary wei, May 4, 2005

  2. mary wei

    Demmpa Guest

    mary wei wrote:
    > Hello Everybody,
    >
    > Where are the temporary internet files stored in Windows XP? In
    > Windows ME there were several folders in Windows where temporary files
    > were stored, but I can't find those same folders in Windows XP.
    > Please help.
    >
    > Thanks!

    if you go to IE - "Internet Options" - General - Settings
    you will see where they are located.

    --
    /
    Demmpa

    Demmpa, May 4, 2005

  3. mary wei wrote:
    > Hello Everybody,
    >
    > Where are the temporary internet files stored in Windows XP? In
    > Windows ME there were several folders in Windows where temporary files
    > were stored, but I can't find those same folders in Windows XP.
    > Please help.
    >
    > Thanks!

    You'll need to be able to view hidden and system files:

    C:\documents and settings\your user name\local settings\temporary
    internet files

    If all you're wanting to do is clear them out, do that from Control
    Panel > Internet Options

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 4, 2005
  4. mary wei

    °Mike° Guest

    In <>,
    mary wei took 8 lines to utter:

    >Hello Everybody,
    >
    >Where are the temporary internet files stored in Windows XP? In
    >Windows ME there were several folders in Windows where temporary files
    >were stored, but I can't find those same folders in Windows XP.
    >Please help.
    >
    >Thanks!

    They are usually in '<%USERPROFILE%>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files'

    In a default system, that would be:

    'c:\documents and settings\<USERNAME>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files'

    But you can check by going to Control Panel / Internet Options
    On the General tab, under the 'Temporary Internet Files' section,
    press the 'Settings' button and the 'Current Location' will be shown.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, May 4, 2005
  5. mary wei

    Guest

    If you click 'start' then 'run' or press windows key and R. Type %temp%
    and press return or click Ok. In the folder that opens you should see a
    Temporary Internet Files folder. Hope this helps.

    , May 4, 2005
  6. mary wei

    °Mike° Guest

    In <>,
    took 4 lines to utter:

    >If you click 'start' then 'run' or press windows key and R. Type %temp%
    >and press return or click Ok. In the folder that opens you should see a
    >Temporary Internet Files folder. Hope this helps.

    Nope. This calls up the system TEMP folder, an altogether
    different beast.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, May 4, 2005
  7. mary wei

    cineman Guest

    Click start, search, all files and folders, type in the word
    temp
    this will display temporary folders for all users .

    cineman, May 4, 2005
  8. This is how I do it. Right click on start, left click on explore. left
    click on Local Settings and they should be there. History Folder, Temp
    Folder and Temporary Internet Folder and some others. If the Local
    settings Folder is not shown, then
    while you are right there, click on tools, folder options and then view.
    Make sure that " show hidden files and folders" is selected. It works for
    me...

    Charlie Evans, May 5, 2005