  1. My Temp Int Files folder(s) used to hold 2000-4000 files. Lately there are only about 50-100 files when I check. Also when I check back, some files are gone.

    What's different that causes this change.
    Thanks

    Anastasio A Rossi, Mar 7, 2005

  2. Anastasio A Rossi

    PC Guest

    "Anastasio A Rossi" <> wrote in message
    news:FO3Xd.17473$...
    > My Temp Int Files folder(s) used to hold 2000-4000 files. Lately there are
    > only about 50-100 files when I check. Also when I check back, some files
    > are gone.
    >
    > What's different that causes this change.
    > Thanks

    Anastasio

    "Temp" short for "Temporary" ie ad hoc, not permanent.

    So as your Browser writes files to this folder, so may it delete them when
    it no longer needs them.

    Was 2000-4000 now 50-100 files means you have changed something, browsing
    habits, changed browser, added a cleanup utility.

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Mar 7, 2005

  3. Anastasio A Rossi

    Eos Guest

    > My Temp Int Files folder(s) used to hold 2000-4000 files. Lately there are
    > only about 50-100 files when I check. Also when I check back, some files
    > are gone.
    >
    > What's different that causes this change.
    > Thanks

    Sounds like you have the 'UR IN 4 IT' virus! It steals all your Temp files
    and then sends them to a server somewhere in the Swiss Alps, where they are
    then spread across the internet by 'trolls' who make sure that everyone who
    recieves your files also 'knows' who you are....'you are a 'litter-lout'.
    They only do this to people who make a mess on their PC by storing these
    files in such secret places as a Temp folder. I suggest you get the jump on
    them and fill it back up again asap!
    Eos.

    Eos, Mar 10, 2005