    and they're pictures that are meaningless to me. Is that stuff all
    necessary? Can I clean it all out? Thanks.

    , Jan 11, 2004

  2. °Mike° Guest

    Basic computer maintenance

    On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:28:17 -0500, in
    <>
    scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jan 11, 2004

  3. Harrison Guest

    Delete them.
    This can also be done from IE, under Options.

    Harrison, Jan 11, 2004
  4. Brian H¹© Guest

    said:

    > Sorry for all the posts, but I'm trying to clean my system up.
    >
    > This problem concerns the folder Windows\Temp InternetFiles\Content.IE5
    >
    > Within that subfolder are the following subfolders:
    > 25alih81
    > 672f4zcp
    > 81kdkb0r
    > fncid1wj
    > kxmzc1zI
    > nx7kupb6
    > wzodkbsb
    > yf0rm10b
    >
    > Each one of those folders is filled with all kinds of crap (excuse my
    > language). jpg files, gif files, 24Mb worth all told. I launched a few
    > and they're pictures that are meaningless to me. Is that stuff all
    > necessary? Can I clean it all out? Thanks.

    Just go to Control Panel | Internet Options, click Delete Files, and then choose
    Include all offline files"
    See how quickly and simply you can achieve your goal.

    Brian H¹©, Jan 11, 2004
  5. Guest

    Tried both ways through IE Options and also in Control Panel, and
    neither was deleted any files from those folders.

  6. Brian H¹© Guest

    said:

    > Tried both ways through IE Options and also in Control Panel, and
    > neither was deleted any files from those folders.

    Did you choose the option to "Include all offline files"?

    >> Delete them.
    >> This can also be done from IE, under Options.
    >>
    >> On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:28:17 -0500, wrote:
    >>
    >>> Sorry for all the posts, but I'm trying to clean my system up.
    >>>
    >>> This problem concerns the folder Windows\Temp InternetFiles\Content.IE5
    >>>
    >>> Within that subfolder are the following subfolders:
    >>> 25alih81
    >>> 672f4zcp
    >>> 81kdkb0r
    >>> fncid1wj
    >>> kxmzc1zI
    >>> nx7kupb6
    >>> wzodkbsb

    Brian H¹©, Jan 11, 2004
  7. Tom Miller Guest

    > >>This problem concerns the folder Windows\Temp InternetFiles\Content.IE5
    > >>
    > >>Within that subfolder are the following subfolders:
    > >>25alih81
    > >>672f4zcp
    > >>81kdkb0r
    > >>fncid1wj
    > >>kxmzc1zI
    > >>nx7kupb6
    > >>wzodkbsb
    > >>yf0rm10b
    > >>
    > >>Each one of those folders is filled with all kinds of crap (excuse my
    > >>language). jpg files, gif files, 24Mb worth all told. I launched a few
    > >>and they're pictures that are meaningless to me. Is that stuff all
    > >>necessary? Can I clean it all out? Thanks.

    If the "delete all offline" box being checked as suggested by another
    responder doesn't work, I have seen it suggested going in with windows
    explorer, select the sub-dirs and hitting the delete key... but I haven't
    every tried it... so I can't swear it works or that it won't cause your OS
    some kind of heartburn.

    --
    Tom Miller
    -------