    It isn't my computer so i don't really wanna mess it up.

    Thanks

    Richard

    Richard, Jul 2, 2003

  2. Richard

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... Richard said:

    > Everytime i go to internet explorer, tools then delete temporey
    > internet files the computer crashes. Is it safe to delete the entire
    > contents of the temporary internet files manually or should some stuff
    > be left.
    >
    > It isn't my computer so i don't really wanna mess it up.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Richard

    Yes, boot to DOS first, then you can delete the folder.

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

    Brian H¹©, Jul 2, 2003

  3. Richard

    Unk Guest

    On 2 Jul 2003 09:01:46 -0700, (Richard) wrote:
    >Everytime i go to internet explorer, tools then delete temporey
    >internet files the computer crashes. Is it safe to delete the entire
    >contents of the temporary internet files manually or should some stuff
    >be left.
    >It isn't my computer so i don't really wanna mess it up.
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Richard

    Start up in the DOS mode.
    Reboot, hold down the "Control" key during startup,
    select "Command Prompt Only". From the DOS prompt, type:

    deltree /y c:\Windows\tempor~1

    It may take a while. I've seen that folder over 1 Gig. When it's done,
    reboot. Windows will rebuild the folder automatically.

    You can eliminate a lot of IE problems by simply, after a reboot, clicking
    Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options, and under "Temporary
    Internet Files", click the "Delete Files" button, check the box, "Delete all
    offline content", "OK". After it finishes, click the "Settings" button and
    lower the amount of disk space to use to 20 Meg. Click "OK", "Apply". That
    will increase your hard drive space by how much was in that folder. I've
    seen it well over a gig. Folders that big are prone to crosslinked files.
    Clear it weekly, or sooner, especially if IE starts acting funny.

    Also click the "Advanced" tab, scroll down to "Security", and check the box,
    "Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed", click
    "Apply", "OK"

    How Internet Explorer Cache Settings Affect Web Browsing
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q263070

    Unk

    Unk, Jul 2, 2003