    on my desktop. This is especially convenient for making tracking parcels
    or flight schedules, etc. The shortcuts are of course easily deleted
    when no longer needed. Can this be done in Firefox ?
    Lou, Aug 3, 2005

  2. Lou

    Doug G Guest

    Lou wrote:
    > In IE, I have found it convenient to make temporary desktop shortcuts to
    > a web page by use of 'right click - create shortcut'. A shortcut appears
    > on my desktop. This is especially convenient for making tracking parcels
    > or flight schedules, etc. The shortcuts are of course easily deleted
    > when no longer needed. Can this be done in Firefox ?

    Drag the icon next to the URL to your desktop and drop it.
    Doug G, Aug 3, 2005

  3. Lou

    Lou Guest

    Doug G wrote:
    > Lou wrote:
    >
    >> In IE, I have found it convenient to make temporary desktop shortcuts
    >> to a web page by use of 'right click - create shortcut'. A shortcut
    >> appears on my desktop. This is especially convenient for making
    >> tracking parcels or flight schedules, etc. The shortcuts are of course
    >> easily deleted when no longer needed. Can this be done in Firefox ?

    > Drag the icon next to the URL to your desktop and drop it.

    Thx Doug, your answers are great !!!!

    Lou
    Lou, Aug 3, 2005
  4. Lou

    Roland Guest

    On 3-8-2005 16:05, Lou wrote:
    > In IE, I have found it convenient to make temporary desktop shortcuts to
    > a web page by use of 'right click - create shortcut'. A shortcut appears
    > on my desktop. This is especially convenient for making tracking parcels
    > or flight schedules, etc. The shortcuts are of course easily deleted
    > when no longer needed. Can this be done in Firefox ?

    The DeskCut extension offers this functionality:

    <http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=252&hl=deskcut>
    <http://deskcut.mozdev.org/>

    [Note, that the mozdev site is currently offline (apparently a broken
    waterpipe hosed their servers
    <http://brian.kingsonline.net/talk/index.php/archives/72>)].
    --
    Regards,