    is to create one and save it as a draft. However, I'd like to launch a
    particular template with each new message...Can this be done with-out
    going to the template folder or sending my draft?

    GFS, Nov 30, 2006

  2. GFS wrote:

    > OK, my understanding is that the only way to have a template for Email
    > is to create one and save it as a draft. However, I'd like to launch a
    > particular template with each new message...Can this be done with-out
    > going to the template folder or sending my draft?

    Create your template, then File>>Save as >>Template

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 30, 2006

  3. GFS

    GFS Guest

    yes, but now it would be really cool to attach it to the new message
    button somehow.

    Thanks

    GFS, Nov 30, 2006
  4. GFS

    Ed Mullen Guest

    GFS wrote:
    > OK, my understanding is that the only way to have a template for Email
    > is to create one and save it as a draft. However, I'd like to launch a
    > particular template with each new message...Can this be done with-out
    > going to the template folder or sending my draft?

    In SeaMonkey (not sure of Thunderbird) you can /almost/ get there.

    Create your template. Save As Template. The first time in your mail
    session right-click and choose Edit As New. You don't even have to
    actually send or save that message. Then, everytime you click Send or
    Reply the Composer will use that template.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Nov 30, 2006
  5. GFS

    GFS Guest

    Yes it does have edit as new which works pretty good but I'd like to
    have one that is my default.

    GFS, Dec 1, 2006