    My Asus motherboard gives me temps for cpu and motherboard. Where is the
    motherboard sensor? Is it the chipset or somewhere else?

    Dave H.
    DaveH, Oct 25, 2004

  2. DaveH

    Matt Pascoe Guest

    Usually temperature sensors are chip based.

    Matt Pascoe, Oct 25, 2004

  3. DaveH

    Spajky Guest

    On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 21:20:26 +0100, "Matt Pascoe"
    <> wrote:

    >Usually temperature sensors are chip based.

    >> My Asus motherboard gives me temps for cpu and motherboard. Where is the
    >> motherboard sensor? Is it the chipset or somewhere else?

    take a small tube & blow to different places on MoBo & same time watch
    sensing; this is how I located mine (& discovered that is a smd
    thermistor soldered on the MoBo ...
    --
    Regards, SPAJKY ®
    E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##
    Spajky, Oct 25, 2004
  4. DaveH

    Robert Baer Guest

    Matt Pascoe wrote:

    > Usually temperature sensors are chip based.
    >
    > "DaveH" <(axe the x's)> wrote in message
    > > Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > > My Asus motherboard gives me temps for cpu and motherboard. Where is the
    > > motherboard sensor? Is it the chipset or somewhere else?
    > >
    > > Dave H.

    On some systems, I have seen a thermistor mounted on the motherboard,
    positioned to press right under the CPU.
    Robert Baer, Oct 26, 2004