    I remember being told how to create the little circle by the temperature
    number but I can't remember how to do it. Would someone please tell me
    again? Thanks!

    Ryka, Nov 21, 2007

  2. Ryka

    Viruschecker Guest

    Ryka wrote:

    > I remember being told how to create the little circle by the temperature
    > number but I can't remember how to do it. Would someone please tell me
    > again? Thanks!

    Alt+0176 will do it. °°°

    Viruschecker, Nov 21, 2007

  3. Ryka

    Anyolmouse Guest

    "Ryka" <Ryka@dancin'shoes.com> wrote in message
    | I remember being told how to create the little circle by the
    temperature
    | number but I can't remember how to do it. Would someone please tell me
    | again? Thanks!

    So will holding down Alt and entering 248 °°°

    --
    Anyolmouse

    Anyolmouse, Nov 21, 2007
  4. Ryka

    Rôgêr Guest

    Ryka wrote:
    > I remember being told how to create the little circle by the temperature
    > number but I can't remember how to do it. Would someone please tell me
    > again? Thanks!

    If you're using a version Windows up to XP (I don't use Vista so can't
    advise) you can just click on Start then Run and type in CHARMAP, you'll
    see what all is available.

    Rôgêr, Nov 21, 2007
  5. Ryka

    *alan* Guest

    "Viruschecker" wrote
    Ryka wrote:

    > I remember being told how to create the little circle by the temperature
    > number but I can't remember how to do it. Would someone please tell me
    > again? Thanks!

    Alt+0176 will do it. °°°

    Does anyone have link to a chart or list of all the avilable Alt+
    combinations to produce other symbols or characters? Thanks . . .

    *alan*, Nov 21, 2007
  6. Ryka

    lee h Guest

    lee h, Nov 21, 2007
  7. Ryka

    jon doglegs Guest

    "*alan*" <> wrote in message

    > "Viruschecker" wrote
    > Ryka wrote:
    >
    >> I remember being told how to create the little circle by the temperature
    >> number but I can't remember how to do it. Would someone please tell me
    >> again? Thanks!

    > Alt+0176 will do it. °°°
    >
    > Does anyone have link to a chart or list of all the avilable Alt+
    > combinations to produce other symbols or characters? Thanks . . .

    start, run, type "charmap" , enter ..

    jon doglegs, Nov 21, 2007
  8. Ryka

    *alan* Guest

    "lee h" <> wrote in message
    > *alan* wrote:
    >> Does anyone have link to a chart or list of all the avilable Alt+
    >> combinations to produce other symbols or characters? Thanks . . .

    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_Map

    Thanks for the link to an explanation of the Character Map.
    However, I was asking about a chart or a list of the numbers that would be
    appended to ALT+ in order to create characters and symbols.

    *alan*, Nov 21, 2007
  9. Ryka

    *alan* Guest

    "jon doglegs" <> wrote in message

    > "*alan*" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Viruschecker" wrote
    >> Ryka wrote:
    >>
    >>> I remember being told how to create the little circle by the temperature
    >>> number but I can't remember how to do it. Would someone please tell me
    >>> again? Thanks!

    >> Alt+0176 will do it. °°°
    >>
    >> Does anyone have link to a chart or list of all the avilable Alt+
    >> combinations to produce other symbols or characters? Thanks . . .
    >>

    > start, run, type "charmap" , enter ..

    Thank you, but I was not asking how to access the Character Map. I was
    asking about about a list or chart of the numbers that would be appended to
    ALT+ in order to produce characters and symbols.

    *alan*, Nov 21, 2007
  10. *alan* wrote:

    > However, I was asking about a chart or a list of the numbers that
    > would be appended to ALT+ in order to create characters and symbols.

    Google to the rescue: alt key codes
    Results 1 - 10 of about 2,030,000 for alt key codes. (0.20 seconds)

    http://www.frontpagewizard.com/use_alt_keys.asp

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 21, 2007
  11. Ryka

    lee h Guest

    *alan* wrote:
    > "lee h" <> wrote in message
    >> *alan* wrote:
    >>> Does anyone have link to a chart or list of all the avilable Alt+
    >>> combinations to produce other symbols or characters? Thanks . . .

    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_Map

    > Thanks for the link to an explanation of the Character Map.
    > However, I was asking about a chart or a list of the numbers that
    > would be appended to ALT+ in order to create characters and symbols.

    sigh. charmap is the *correct* answer. I note you post via Outlook
    Express, so start>run>charmap is available to yoou. You, see,
    there are upmpteen different character maps depending on which
    *font* you use! (ariel/lucida/system/etc . .) charmap is useful
    since you can select the font you want and copy the characters
    you want displayed into your clipboard for future pasting into
    the doc of your choice.

    lee

    lee h, Nov 21, 2007
  12. Ryka

    chuckcar Guest

    "*alan*" <> wrote in

    > "lee h" <> wrote in message
    >> *alan* wrote:
    >>> Does anyone have link to a chart or list of all the avilable Alt+
    >>> combinations to produce other symbols or characters? Thanks . . .

    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_Map

    > Thanks for the link to an explanation of the Character Map.
    > However, I was asking about a chart or a list of the numbers that
    > would be appended to ALT+ in order to create characters and symbols.

    The character code # *is* the alt-number as the article references:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Alt_keycodes

    One final note: this is also called ANSI graphics which *anyone* who is
    informed about computers should know quite well.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Nov 21, 2007
  13. Ryka

    *alan* Guest

    "lee h" <> wrote in message
    > *alan* wrote:
    >> "lee h" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_Map

    >> Thanks for the link to an explanation of the Character Map.
    >> However, I was asking about a chart or a list of the numbers that
    >> would be appended to ALT+ in order to create characters and symbols.

    > sigh. charmap is the *correct* answer. I note you post via Outlook
    > Express, so start>run>charmap is available to yoou. You, see, there are
    > upmpteen different character maps depending on which
    > *font* you use! (ariel/lucida/system/etc . .) charmap is useful
    > since you can select the font you want and copy the characters
    > you want displayed into your clipboard for future pasting into
    > the doc of your choice.
    >
    > lee

    *sigh*. Thanks again for your help. While you may feel that *charmap* is
    the *correct* answer, it is an answer to a question I did not ask. Although
    I agree with you that charmap is *useful* and I'm well aware of what you can
    do with it and how it works, I was asking about a *chart* or a *list* of
    numbers that can be appended to ALT+ to create characters. This was merely
    to satisfy my curiosity and I've since located what I'd been looking for
    thru a google search . I really wasn't looking for something *useful*,
    although I do appreciate your good intentions.

    --
    alan

    *alan*, Nov 21, 2007
  14. Ryka

    PhotoMan Guest

    "Anyolmouse" <> wrote in message

    > "Ryka" <Ryka@dancin'shoes.com> wrote in message
    > | I remember being told how to create the little circle by the
    > temperature
    > | number but I can't remember how to do it. Would someone please tell me
    > | again? Thanks!
    > |

    > So will holding down Alt and entering 248 °°°

    AND - you must use the numberpad. Upper KB numbers won't work.

    PhotoMan, Nov 21, 2007
  15. Ryka

    Ryka Guest

    "PhotoMan" <> wrote in message

    > "Anyolmouse" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Ryka" <Ryka@dancin'shoes.com> wrote in message
    >> | I remember being told how to create the little circle by the
    >> temperature
    >> | number but I can't remember how to do it. Would someone please tell me
    >> | again? Thanks!
    >> |

    >> So will holding down Alt and entering 248 °°°

    > AND - you must use the numberpad. Upper KB numbers won't work.

    This is why I had forgotten the Alt combination for the degree sign - I was
    using a laptop for many years before I bought this new desktop and now have
    a keypad again!

    Ryka, Nov 21, 2007
  16. Ryka

    Ryka Guest

    > I remember being told how to create the little circle by the temperature
    > number but I can't remember how to do it. Would someone please tell me
    > again? Thanks!

    Thanks for all the replies!

    Ryka, Nov 21, 2007
  17. Ryka wrote:

    > "PhotoMan" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Anyolmouse" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Ryka" <Ryka@dancin'shoes.com> wrote in message
    >>> temperature
    >>> |

    >>> So will holding down Alt and entering 248 °°°

    >> AND - you must use the numberpad. Upper KB numbers won't work.
    >>

    > This is why I had forgotten the Alt combination for the degree sign - I was
    > using a laptop for many years before I bought this new desktop and now have
    > a keypad again!

    So the pseudo numeric keypad you get using the Fn key also doesn't send
    the right numeric characters to allow use of the Alt-nnnn encodings?

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 22, 2007
  18. Ryka

    thanatoid Guest

    > "Ryka" <Ryka@dancin'shoes.com> wrote in message
    >> I remember being told how to create the little circle by
    >> the temperature number but I can't remember how to do it.
    >> Would someone please tell me again? Thanks!

    > Thanks for all the replies!

    That post sounding kind of final, you may not see this one, but
    you DO have a keypad even on a laptop, although using it is a
    fucking pain in the ass (you need to hold down one or two extra
    keys depending on the machine AFAIK - I have never OWNED one,
    seeing them at a distance is bad enough) which is one of the
    dozens of reasons why I will never own one.

    thanatoid, Nov 22, 2007
  19. Ryka

    thanatoid Guest

    "*alan*" <> wrote in

    > "jon doglegs" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "*alan*" <> wrote in message

    >>> Alt+0176 will do it. °°°
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone have link to a chart or list of all the
    >>> avilable Alt+ combinations to produce other symbols or
    >>> characters? Thanks . . .
    >>>

    >> start, run, type "charmap" , enter ..

    > Thank you, but I was not asking how to access the Character
    > Map. I was asking about about a list or chart of the
    > numbers that would be appended to ALT+ in order to produce
    > characters and symbols.

    Having, with growing incredulity, read through this astounding
    thread, I will now, without your permission, contribute to it.

    I'm not sure which of my comments is more appropriate so I will
    include both.

    1)
    You can find the complete list in any decent DOS or Windows
    reference book or on the web by searching for ascii/ansii codes,
    or even in the lowly character map utility included with every
    version of windows ever made not to mention the dozens of
    (needless to say) superior alternatives.

    2)
    People like you should be killed before they are born.

    thanatoid, Nov 22, 2007
  20. Ryka

    Anyolmouse Guest

    "PhotoMan" <> wrote in message

    | "Anyolmouse" <> wrote in message
    | >
    | > "Ryka" <Ryka@dancin'shoes.com> wrote in message
    | > | I remember being told how to create the little circle by the
    | > temperature
    | > | number but I can't remember how to do it. Would someone please
    tell me
    | > | again? Thanks!
    | > |

    | > So will holding down Alt and entering 248 °°°
    |
    | AND - you must use the numberpad. Upper KB numbers won't work.

    I forgot to mention that little detail.

    --
    Anyolmouse

    Anyolmouse, Nov 22, 2007