  1. Nightsky

    Nightsky Guest

    How can I access temporary internet files in XP?

    Nightsky, Aug 16, 2006

  2. Nightsky

    Dirk Guest

    Nightsky wrote:
    > How can I access temporary internet files in XP?

    It is in the local settings folder.

    Dirk, Aug 16, 2006

  3. Nightsky wrote:

    > How can I access temporary internet files in XP?

    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
    Files\Content.IE5

    But why would you want to access them? You should be clearing them out
    periodically with the control on the IE browser menu.

    Tools > Internet Options > General tab > [Delete files]
    [X] Delete all offline content
    Click OK and click OK again.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 16, 2006
  4. Nightsky

    Mrs Trellis Guest

    he might be trying to take flash files, that run in the ie browser, out and
    keep them elsewhere.

    --
    Regards,
    Steve

    Mrs Trellis, Aug 17, 2006
  5. Nightsky

    Trigger Guest

    "Nightsky" <> wrote in message
    > How can I access temporary internet files in XP?

    a.. If you have Windows XP or Windows 2000 then Temporary Internet Files
    are in this location (note that on your PC they can be on other drive
    instead of drive C):
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
    Files\

    If you have only one user account on Windows XP or Windows 2000 then
    replace <username> with Administrator to get the path of the Temporary
    Internet Files folder.
    b.. If you have Windows Me, Windows 98, Windows NT or Windows 95 then
    index.dat files are in these locations:
    C:\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\
    C:\Windows\Profiles\<username>\Temporary Internet Files\

    Note that on your computer the Windows directory may not be C:\Windows but
    some other directory. If you don't have Profiles directory in you Windows
    directory don't worry - this just means that you are not using user
    profiles.

    Trigger, Aug 24, 2006
  6. Nightsky

    Trigger Guest

    "Trigger" <> wrote in message

    > "Nightsky" <> wrote in message
    >> How can I access temporary internet files in XP?

    > a.. If you have Windows XP or Windows 2000 then Temporary Internet Files
    > are in this location (note that on your PC they can be on other drive
    > instead of drive C):
    > C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
    > Files\
    >
    > If you have only one user account on Windows XP or Windows 2000 then
    > replace <username> with Administrator to get the path of the Temporary
    > Internet Files folder.
    > b.. If you have Windows Me, Windows 98, Windows NT or Windows 95 then
    > index.dat files are in these locations:
    > C:\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\
    > C:\Windows\Profiles\<username>\Temporary Internet Files\
    >
    > Note that on your computer the Windows directory may not be C:\Windows
    > but some other directory. If you don't have Profiles directory in you
    > Windows directory don't worry - this just means that you are not using
    > user profiles.

    Yeah, don't worry.

    Trigger, Aug 25, 2006