Temp folder?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by uker, Oct 21, 2004.

  1. uker

    uker Guest

    C:\Documents and Settings\users-name\Local Settings\Temp.

    Can some one please tell me, what is the right way to empty my Temp folder,
    without just deleting the files from it, as it is getting rather full?

    It's not the one in Internet Explorer I know how to do that one.

    ---

    uker, Oct 21, 2004

  2. uker

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:28:39 +0100 "uker"
    used 22 lines of text to write in newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    >Can some one please tell me, what is the right way to empty my Temp folder,
    >without just deleting the files from it, as it is getting rather full?

    You didn't specify an OS.

    Windows flavors:

    Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, point to System
    Tools, and then click Disk Cleanup.

    -Graham

    Remove the 'snails' from my email
    G. Morgan, Oct 21, 2004

  3. uker

    Liz Guest

    "uker" <> wrote
    > C:\Documents and Settings\users-name\Local Settings\Temp.
    >
    > Can some one please tell me, what is the right way to empty my Temp folder,
    > without just deleting the files from it, as it is getting rather full?
    >
    > It's not the one in Internet Explorer I know how to do that one.

    A quick way of doing that is right click on Local Disk (C:), click
    Properties, General tab, and then click Disk Cleanup.
    Liz, Oct 21, 2004
  4. uker

    °Mike° Guest

    Only empty your Temp folder immediately following
    a reboot; see my signature.

    On the subject of signatures, please turn off the broken
    AVG signature. It serves absolutely no purpose and
    does not get automatically snipped in replies.
    Right click the AVG icon in the system tray and select the
    E-mail scanner tab. Uncheck the option 'Certify Outgoing
    Messages'. Apply / OK.

    On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:28:39 +0100, in
    <>
    uker scrawled:

    >C:\Documents and Settings\users-name\Local Settings\Temp.
    >

    >Can some one please tell me, what is the right way to empty my Temp folder,
    >without just deleting the files from it, as it is getting rather full?
    >

    >It's not the one in Internet Explorer I know how to do that one.

    <snip broken AVG signature>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Oct 21, 2004