"TEMP" Folder(s) Deletions Question ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert11, Sep 29, 2005.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hello:

    New at this. Running XP.

    a. Is it "totally" safe to delete everything in any TEMP labeled folders I
    have on my system ?
    Any possible gotchas or caveats if I do ?

    Have some Temp folders in \Application Data\

    b. I also seem to have a felder labeled ns_temp.
    What's this ? O.K. to delete ?

    c. If I can delete the stuff inside these, can I delete the Folder itself
    safely, or should I just delete the inside items, and leave
    the Folder in place ? Is a new Temp folder created automatically, if
    required ?

    Thanks,
    B.
    Robert11, Sep 29, 2005

  2. Robert11

    Brian Guest

    "Robert11" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hello:
    >
    > New at this. Running XP.

    for fucks sake robert, you don't have to keep stating "i am new at this" or
    similar. we know it.

    > a. Is it "totally" safe to delete everything in any TEMP labeled folders

    > have on my system ?
    > Any possible gotchas or caveats if I do ?
    >
    > Have some Temp folders in \Application Data\
    >
    > b. I also seem to have a felder labeled ns_temp.
    > What's this ? O.K. to delete ?
    >
    > c. If I can delete the stuff inside these, can I delete the Folder itself
    > safely, or should I just delete the inside items, and leave
    > the Folder in place ? Is a new Temp folder created automatically, if
    > required ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > B.

    delet what you fucking like in the temp folders. and what about this cat i'm
    trying to get rid of?
    Brian, Sep 29, 2005

  3. Robert11

    old jon Guest

    Put the f*****g cat in the Temp folder, then run CCleaner <g>. OJ
    old jon, Sep 29, 2005
  4. Robert11

    Unk Guest

    On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 11:04:15 -0400, "Robert11" <> wrote:

    >Hello:
    >
    >New at this. Running XP.
    >
    >a. Is it "totally" safe to delete everything in any TEMP labeled folders I
    >have on my system ?
    > Any possible gotchas or caveats if I do ?
    >
    >Have some Temp folders in \Application Data\
    >
    >b. I also seem to have a felder labeled ns_temp.
    > What's this ? O.K. to delete ?
    >
    >c. If I can delete the stuff inside these, can I delete the Folder itself
    >safely, or should I just delete the inside items, and leave
    > the Folder in place ? Is a new Temp folder created automatically, if
    >required ?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >B.

    Reboot first to ensure they're not part of some install, then delete them.
    That's why they're called temp

    "Temporary" "The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48"
    Temporary \Tem"po*ra*ry\, a. [L. temporarius, fr. tempus, temporis, time: cf. F. temporaire.]
    Lasting for a time only; existing or continuing for a limited time; not permanent, the opposite
    of perpetual.
    Unk, Sep 30, 2005