    I notice I have nearly 40,000 temp internet files (explorer cache)on my
    HD....will I have any probs if I delete them .better still would you
    recommend I remove them ..BB

    Bob B, Sep 29, 2003

  2. Bob B

    Boomer Guest

    Bob B wrote:

    > I notice I have nearly 40,000 temp internet files (explorer
    > cache)on my HD....will I have any probs if I delete them .better
    > still would you recommend I remove them ..BB

    Remove.

    Cleaned out your cache, history, temp and cookie files.
    (Restart the computer first, then clean.)

    Here's a few links than may help with cleaning up your HD
    if you think that may be an issue.
    http://www.infinisource.com/techfiles/clean_hd.html
    http://members.aol.com/mswebbie/space.htm
    http://www.toejumper.net/maintain4/del4.htm
    Mike's Basic computer maintenance

    Hope these tips help.

    Boomer, Sep 29, 2003

  3. Bob B

    Raine Guest

    "Bob B" <> wrote in message
    > I notice I have nearly 40,000 temp internet files (explorer cache)on

    my
    > HD....will I have any probs if I delete them .better still would you
    > recommend I remove them ..BB

    Gees, lol, I clear mine daily never had more than 15 at any given time.

    Raine, Sep 29, 2003
  4. Bob B

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Bob B said:

    > I notice I have nearly 40,000 temp internet files (explorer cache)on my
    > HD....will I have any probs if I delete them .better still would you
    > recommend I remove them ..BB

    Control Panel | Internet Options | General tab | Delete Files (Include offline
    content)

    Brian H¹©, Sep 29, 2003
  5. Bob B

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Raine said:

    > "Bob B" <> wrote in message
    >> I notice I have nearly 40,000 temp internet files (explorer cache)on my
    >> HD....will I have any probs if I delete them .better still would you
    >> recommend I remove them ..BB

    > Gees, lol, I clear mine daily never had more than 15 at any given time.

    And your comment to me yesterday about not posting if I have nothing helpful to
    say doesn't count for you?

    Brian H¹©, Sep 29, 2003
  6. Bob B

    Raine Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Raine said:
    >
    > > "Bob B" <> wrote in message
    > >> I notice I have nearly 40,000 temp internet files (explorer

    cache)on my
    > >> HD....will I have any probs if I delete them .better still would

    you
    > >> recommend I remove them ..BB

    > > Gees, lol, I clear mine daily never had more than 15 at any given

    time.

    > And your comment to me yesterday about not posting if I have nothing

    helpful to
    > say doesn't count for you?

    Wondered if you'd jump in on on that one!
    Course there is an answer to this. I shan't post again!
    Adios, thanks all for past help given.
    Raine.

    Raine, Sep 29, 2003
  7. Bob B

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Raine said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> Raine said:
    >>
    >>> "Bob B" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Gees, lol, I clear mine daily never had more than 15 at any given time.

    >> And your comment to me yesterday about not posting if I have nothing helpful
    >> to say doesn't count for you?

    > Wondered if you'd jump in on on that one!
    > Course there is an answer to this. I shan't post again!
    > Adios, thanks all for past help given.
    > Raine.

    If you point a loaded gun at your foot and pull the trigger, and you *will*
    shoot yourself in the foot.

    Brian H¹©, Sep 29, 2003
  8. Bob B

    Patrick Guest

    Raine wrote:
    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> Raine said:
    >>
    >>> "Bob B" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Gees, lol, I clear mine daily never had more than 15 at any given
    >>> time.

    >> And your comment to me yesterday about not posting if I have nothing
    >> helpful to say doesn't count for you?

    > Wondered if you'd jump in on on that one!
    > Course there is an answer to this. I shan't post again!
    > Adios, thanks all for past help given.
    > Raine.

    (Oh please don't go baby, oh please don't go)
    Don't take my heart away from me
    And leave me out in the cold baby
    (Out in the cold baby)
    Cause you're the only one, cause you're the only one

    (Source) :)
    http://tinyurl.com/p2sv

    Patrick, Sep 29, 2003
  9. Go to tools/internet options/advanced and check the box "Empty Temporary
    Internet Files folder when browser is closed.

    --
    "Bob B" <> wrote in message
    > I notice I have nearly 40,000 temp internet files (explorer cache)on my
    > HD....will I have any probs if I delete them .better still would you
    > recommend I remove them ..BB

    ---

    BananaPannaPoe-, Sep 29, 2003
  10. Bob B

    Bob B Guest

    "BananaPannaPoe-" <> wrote in message
    > Go to tools/internet options/advanced and check the box "Empty Temporary
    > Internet Files folder when browser is closed.

    Thanks to all for your for your help ...I have been using HD valet which
    seems to be doing the trick Bob

    Bob B, Sep 29, 2003
  11. Bob B

    d.c. Guest

    "Bob B" <> wrote in message
    > I notice I have nearly 40,000 temp internet files (explorer cache)on my
    > HD....will I have any probs if I delete them .better still would you
    > recommend I remove them ..BB

    Depends on your OS. Win 3.1 or NT you can delete something that would crash
    the system. More recent OS's protect files from deletion... even when it
    wouldn't hurt anything.

    --

    And now, a word from our sponsor...
    http://tinyurl.com/n8th