    customer to make contact? Will the simply pop me onto one of their choosing
    and not notify me?

    Jackson.

    Jackson, Mar 7, 2004

  2. Jackson

    colinco Guest

    In article <f%K2c.5213$>,
    says...
    > Are they just being slack as usual and expect the
    > customer to make contact?

    Based on the confused introduction - Yes

    colinco, Mar 7, 2004

  3. > Hi all,

    > Anyone currently using this service, have Telstra contacted you regarding
    > changing your exisiting plan onto one of the new ones?
    >
    > My billing cycle rolls over on the 16th and I would have expected Telstra

    > contact me by now to explain the new offerings and ask which one I wanted.
    > This has not happened. Are they just being slack as usual and expect the
    > customer to make contact? Will the simply pop me onto one of their

    choosing
    > and not notify me?
    >
    > Jackson.

    No they will simply leave you on the plan you are on now.

    It really looks like shit loads of people in this group like to complain for
    the fun of it. It would have taken as long to have called them as it did
    for you to type out the message. Even if they didn't answer quickly, you
    can leave your number and they call back in good time.

    I called them the day after the plans were officially released, before they
    even had them on their site or in their system. The helpful person on the
    phone said he would change me over as soon as the system was updated, and
    the change would take effect on the 7th (yesterday) which was the end of my
    billing cycle. Well he did as promised, and by the 5th i had 2Mb cable. 2
    days early.

    So either call them and get it changed, or don't call them and stay on your
    plan. Trust me, it's that simple.

    Steve

    Stephen Williams, Mar 7, 2004
  4. Jackson

    JedMeister Guest

    Ha ha, Telstra must be great if people are complaining about things like
    this....

    JedMeister, Mar 7, 2004
  5. Jackson

    mcfly Guest

    Jackson <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Anyone currently using this service, have Telstra contacted you regarding
    > changing your exisiting plan onto one of the new ones?
    >
    > My billing cycle rolls over on the 16th and I would have expected Telstra

    > contact me by now to explain the new offerings and ask which one I wanted.
    > This has not happened. Are they just being slack as usual and expect the
    > customer to make contact? Will the simply pop me onto one of their

    choosing
    > and not notify me?
    >
    > Jackson.

    I have been trying to get info out of them via email as to what transitions
    are available for existing 256kbps customers and just getting cryptic
    smartarse responses.
    Yes they are slack as usual.
    Their product might be OK but their customer service SUCKS

    mcfly, Mar 7, 2004
  6. Jackson

    T-Boy Guest

    In article <f%K2c.5213$>,
    says...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Anyone currently using this service, have Telstra contacted you regarding
    > changing your exisiting plan onto one of the new ones?

    They never sent any email to me. I contacted them "by hand" :) - phoned
    'em on 300, confirmed that the 1/10th national usage still applies - and
    confirmed a changed to a new plan (I got the 5G plan).

    It will become effective on the new billing cycle (22nd for me).

    > My billing cycle rolls over on the 16th and I would have expected Telstra to
    > contact me by now to explain the new offerings and ask which one I wanted.
    > This has not happened. Are they just being slack as usual and expect the
    > customer to make contact? Will the simply pop me onto one of their choosing
    > and not notify me?

    Mate they haven't even indicated anywhere on their site that the new
    plans are that (new)! :)

    I doubt you'll get an email - phone 'em if you want to change.

    --
    Duncan

    T-Boy, Mar 7, 2004