Telstra's Cable Speed Increases 1 August

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by John Bartlett, Aug 13, 2007.

  1. John Bartlett, Aug 13, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. John Bartlett

    David Empson Guest

    John Bartlett <> wrote:

    > Anyone noticed any major increase since this news release on the Telstra
    > site
    >
    > http://www.telstraclear.co.nz/companyinfo/media_release_detail.cfm?newsid=280


    I'm on the 20GB per month plan, so I went up from 4 Mbps to 10 Mbps. I
    did a download earlier tonight which was going at about 750 KB per
    second (6 Mbps) so I'm definitely getting better than 4 Mbps in the
    right conditions.

    Hard to tell for typical random web browsing, or for international
    downloads (which never got near 4 Mbps anyway).

    --
    David Empson
     
    David Empson, Aug 13, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 02:09:20 +1200, David Empson wrote:

    > Hard to tell for typical random web browsing, or for international
    > downloads (which never got near 4 Mbps anyway).


    Hmmm...

    Then *somewhere* your pipe is being throttled.


    --
    Jonathan Walker

    "The IT industry landscape is littered with the dead
    dreams of people who once trusted Microsoft."
     
    Jonathan Walker, Aug 13, 2007
    #3
  4. John Bartlett

    thingy Guest

    Jonathan Walker wrote:
    > On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 02:09:20 +1200, David Empson wrote:
    >
    >> Hard to tell for typical random web browsing, or for international
    >> downloads (which never got near 4 Mbps anyway).

    >
    > Hmmm...
    >
    > Then *somewhere* your pipe is being throttled.
    >
    >


    of course....its all marketing bullsh*t....

    regards

    Thing
     
    thingy, Aug 13, 2007
    #4
  5. John Bartlett

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <46c0398c$>,
    John Bartlett <> wrote:
    >
    >Anyone noticed any major increase since this news release on the Telstra
    >site
    >
    >http://www.telstraclear.co.nz/companyinfo/media_release_detail.cfm?newsid=280


    I'm on Highspeed 10G, so no change for me.
    4190 Kbps down, 1813 Kbps up on the NZDSL Speedtest site.
    I don't think I've ever seen less than about 3800Kbps down.

    --
    Don Hills (dmhills at attglobaldotnet) Wellington, New Zealand
    "New interface closely resembles Presentation Manager,
    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"
    -- Advertisement on the box for Microsoft Windows 2.11 for 286
     
    Don Hills, Aug 14, 2007
    #5
  6. John Bartlett

    Kent Smith Guest

    Don Hills wrote:
    > In article <46c0398c$>,
    > John Bartlett <> wrote:
    >>
    >> Anyone noticed any major increase since this news release on the
    >> Telstra site
    >>
    >> http://www.telstraclear.co.nz/companyinfo/media_release_detail.cfm?newsid=280

    >
    > I'm on Highspeed 10G, so no change for me.
    > 4190 Kbps down, 1813 Kbps up on the NZDSL Speedtest site.
    > I don't think I've ever seen less than about 3800Kbps down.


    Same - considering I can chew up my 10G in a couple of days as it is, I
    probably would want 10Mbps. :)


    -KENT
     
    Kent Smith, Aug 15, 2007
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Replies:
    0
    Views:
    690
  2. Wellygoggles

    Telstra cable/Paradise Wgtn

    Wellygoggles, Dec 29, 2003, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    11
    Views:
    615
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro
    Jan 1, 2004
  3. simec

    Telstra Cable (Australia)

    simec, Dec 30, 2003, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    317
  4. Jackson

    Telstra's new cable pricing

    Jackson, Mar 7, 2004, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    345
    T-Boy
    Mar 7, 2004
  5. Replies:
    7
    Views:
    1,212
Loading...

Share This Page