    couple of hours on the 12th.
    Definitely doesn't agree with the two usage meters I run on my machine.
    Anyone else got strange readings this month?

    Jonno, Jun 13, 2006

  2. Well spotted Jonno.
    Ditto here.
    It looks like the three days were lumped together into the 10.00-12.00
    period on 12/6.
    Must be quite difficult to keep track of the usage.

    bob the builder, Jun 14, 2006

  3. Jonno

    Vista Guest

    "Jonno" <> wrote in message
    > Looks like the cable usage meter has thrown a wobbly again.
    > Checking last night shows nothing on June the 6th, then a weird peak on
    > the 7th, then nothing on 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th then about 3 Gig within a
    > couple of hours on the 12th.
    > Definitely doesn't agree with the two usage meters I run on my machine.
    > Anyone else got strange readings this month?

    What do you expect for an ozzie company. I have a number of friends who use
    Telstra for dial up, but have found their service recently terrible as they
    often can't connect at all. They have full telstra sevices including phone
    line, cable tv etc, so switcing to an ISP from Telstra is very expensive as
    they are on an all in one package

    Vista, Jun 14, 2006
  4. Jonno

    Paul Guest

    Hi Jonno

    What do you use to track your usage?

    Thanks Paul

    Paul, Jun 14, 2006
  5. Same here - had a 580 MB spike early one morning when the PC wasn't even
    turned on - Bizarre

    JB

    John Bartlett, Jun 14, 2006
  6. Jonno

    BTMO Guest

    "John Bartlett" <> wrote

    > Same here - had a 580 MB spike early one morning when the PC wasn't even
    > turned on - Bizarre

    Hey!

    Me too!

    Something weird is going on here...

    BTMO, Jun 14, 2006
  7. Jonno

    Jonno Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Jonno
    >
    > What do you use to track your usage?
    >
    > Thanks Paul

    Net Meter http://readerror.gmxhome.de/ (Freeware) and DU Meter
    http://www.dumeter.com/main.php (US$19.95).
    However they both tend to show a bit more usage than Telstra does. They are
    both quite reasonable though and very similar in their set up. DU Meter has
    a couple of extra features which most people won't use though.

    Jonno, Jun 14, 2006
  8. Jonno

    Jonno Guest

    "BTMO" <> wrote in message news:448fe5a2$...

    > "John Bartlett" <> wrote
    >
    >> Same here - had a 580 MB spike early one morning when the PC wasn't even
    >> turned on - Bizarre

    > Hey!
    >
    > Me too!
    >
    > Something weird is going on here...

    I think Bob is right, that they have lumped several days together on the
    12/6. Seems they may have some sort of back up for it now. Still, its a bit
    of a worry after the last time not knowing when its really going to collapse
    and show us all with huge amounts again...and, as solid as I reckon, it
    will. Anyway, my meters show that I used more than Telstra says but then
    they always say that so not a big deal this time.
    Nice to see that they are telling us that the cable will be out early on the
    20/6 for an upgrade. Doubt whether Telecum would have bothered.

    Jonno, Jun 14, 2006