    again:-(

    Regards,
    John.
    John, Sep 20, 2006

  2. John

    Earl Grey Guest

    John wrote:
    > Just me, or anyone else not getting international newsgroups - yet
    > again:-(
    >
    > Regards,
    > John.

    yup
    Its fucked yet again, give them a hard time for me will ya ?
    Earl Grey, Sep 20, 2006

  3. John

    thingy Guest

    John wrote:
    > Just me, or anyone else not getting international newsgroups - yet
    > again:-(
    >
    > Regards,
    > John.

    I could not get any groups at all last night.....

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Sep 20, 2006
  4. John

    John Guest

    On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:01:47 +1200, Earl Grey wrote:

    > John wrote:
    >> Just me, or anyone else not getting international newsgroups - yet
    >> again:-(
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> John.

    > yup
    > Its fucked yet again, give them a hard time for me will ya ?

    Sent them a polite enquiry in regards the newsgroups and received this
    reply back (see below).
    I replied stating that non of the suggested items answered my problem
    and sent it away.
    At this stage I've received the same email from them (including my
    remarks) eight (8) times. After the sixth time I sent a cc to the
    postmaster at Paradise, but at this stage haven't heard back from him.
    It will be interesting to see how long they keep on sending the same
    message back, maybe this is the new way TelstraClear had to stop us
    annoying them:)

    Regards,
    John.

    Suggested Answer
    Your question has been received. Below are up to 5 Items that the
    System has identified as containing keywords from your question,
    please check these for possible answers to your question. If they Do
    Not solve your question please reply in the space between the lines
    below.
    [===> Please enter your reply below this line <===]

    [===> Please enter your reply above this line <===]

    Please try the following

    Spam slipping through the filter

    How can I reduce the amount of spam I receive?

    Legitimate email being blocked

    View blocked mail

    How to submit missed spam to us
    As the system is always learning, some answers may be non-related, we
    are updating the rules for this daily.

    You can also search for answers from our knowledge base online:
    John, Sep 20, 2006
  5. John

    Allistar Guest

    John wrote:

    > Just me, or anyone else not getting international newsgroups - yet
    > again:-(
    >
    > Regards,
    > John.

    This is the very reason I ditched them for a commercial NNTP server. Haven't
    regretted the $7.95 a month so far.

    Allistar.
    Allistar, Sep 20, 2006
  6. John

    Earl Grey Guest

    Allistar wrote:
    > John wrote:
    >
    >> Just me, or anyone else not getting international newsgroups - yet
    >> again:-(
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> John.

    > This is the very reason I ditched them for a commercial NNTP server. Haven't
    > regretted the $7.95 a month so far.
    >
    > Allistar.

    $100 per year to pay for TelstraClears cockup is too much.
    I'm going to keep bitching at them till they fix it.
    Perhaps they will fire the incompetent twat that admins this service
    because its fallen over for about the 12th time, and get someone that
    knows what they are doing to fix it PROPERLY !!

    YOU LISTENING TELSTRACLEAR ??????!!!!
    Earl Grey, Sep 20, 2006
  7. John

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <rdsg59jpt59o$.ls5xv9k52cxq$>,
    lid says...
    > Just me, or anyone else not getting international newsgroups - yet
    > again:-(

    Some, but not all - two days has it been now?

    --
    Duncan
    Dave Doe, Sep 20, 2006
  8. John

    Jack Hammond Guest

    On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:51:44 +1200, Allistar <> wrote:

    >John wrote:
    >
    >> Just me, or anyone else not getting international newsgroups - yet
    >> again:-(
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> John.

    >This is the very reason I ditched them for a commercial NNTP server. Haven't
    >regretted the $7.95 a month so far.
    >
    >Allistar.

    Never seen one that cheap, so give us a clue to who it is..

    Thanks.
    Jack Hammond, Sep 20, 2006
  9. John

    Earl Grey Guest

    Dave Doe wrote:
    > In article <rdsg59jpt59o$.ls5xv9k52cxq$>,
    > lid says...
    >> Just me, or anyone else not getting international newsgroups - yet
    >> again:-(

    > Some, but not all - two days has it been now?

    I went through the several phone queues and several CSRs and
    interminable music on hold to tell them.
    If its not fixed, then its more that they don't care, than don't know.
    Earl Grey, Sep 20, 2006
  10. John

    Invisible Guest

    On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 10:49:56 +1200, Dave Doe <> wrote:

    >In article <rdsg59jpt59o$.ls5xv9k52cxq$>,
    > says...
    >> Just me, or anyone else not getting international newsgroups - yet
    >> again:-(

    >Some, but not all - two days has it been now?

    Some of the rec & alt music groups haven't had any posts for months through
    Paradise, yet still high traffic through X-privat & Google groups. Occasionally
    a small flood will come through, but they're usually trolling cross-posts!
    Invisible, Sep 21, 2006
  11. John

    John Guest

    On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 10:59:35 +1200, Earl Grey wrote:

    > Dave Doe wrote:
    >> In article <rdsg59jpt59o$.ls5xv9k52cxq$>,
    >> lid says...
    >>> Just me, or anyone else not getting international newsgroups - yet
    >>> again:-(

    >> Some, but not all - two days has it been now?
    >>

    > I went through the several phone queues and several CSRs and
    > interminable music on hold to tell them.
    > If its not fixed, then its more that they don't care, than don't know.

    I've now received twelve (12) emails from TelstraClear, each one
    asking me to reply between the lines if the FAQ from their site
    doesn't answer the problem I raised (no international newsgroup feed).

    Each time I've answered and mentioned that I've already gave them all
    the particulars, but still the emails come:)

    For the last five emails I've sent a cc to the Postmaster at Paradise
    but that hasn't even made a difference.
    I thought for awhile that someone had realised the mistake because I
    hadn't received an email from them between lunch and 4pm but now it
    started again.

    To think that Paradise was once the best ISP in NZ:-(

    Regards,
    John.
    John, Sep 21, 2006
  12. On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 10:56:11 +1200, Jack Hammond <jm@yah***.com
    wrote:

    >Never seen one that cheap, so give us a clue to who it is..

    Look at the path header from his post:

    It would suggest that he is using giganews.com
    David Goodwin, Sep 21, 2006
  13. John

    Max Burke Guest

    > Dave Doe scribbled:
    > In article <rdsg59jpt59o$.ls5xv9k52cxq$>,
    > lid says...

    >> Just me, or anyone else not getting international newsgroups - yet
    >> again:-(

    > Some, but not all - two days has it been now?

    Just updated my telstraclear/Paradise overseas NG's and they all have their
    normal/average number of messages in them.

    Found Images
    Max Burke, Sep 21, 2006
  14. John

    John Guest

    On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:42:11 +1200, Max Burke wrote:

    >> Dave Doe scribbled:
    >> In article <rdsg59jpt59o$.ls5xv9k52cxq$>,
    >> lid says...

    >>> Just me, or anyone else not getting international newsgroups - yet
    >>> again:-(

    >> Some, but not all - two days has it been now?

    > Just updated my telstraclear/Paradise overseas NG's and they all have their
    > normal/average number of messages in them.

    Lucky you. I still haven't had anything since the 19th. Whereabouts in
    NZ are you Max?

    I'm still receiving the same email from TelstraClear up to number
    16:)

    Regards,
    John.
    John, Sep 21, 2006
  15. John

    joe_90 Guest

    John wrote:
    > I've now received twelve (12) emails from TelstraClear, each one
    > asking me to reply between the lines if the FAQ from their site
    > doesn't answer the problem I raised (no international newsgroup feed).
    >
    > Each time I've answered and mentioned that I've already gave them all
    > the particulars, but still the emails come:)
    >
    > For the last five emails I've sent a cc to the Postmaster at Paradise
    > but that hasn't even made a difference.
    > I thought for awhile that someone had realised the mistake because I
    > hadn't received an email from them between lunch and 4pm but now it
    > started again.

    emails to TC postmaster are simply bounced to the automated help system
    (well they were last time I was frustrated enough to try this approach),
    so you are probably chasing your own tail.
    joe_90, Sep 21, 2006
  16. John

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 03:55:35 +1200, in message <rdsg59jpt59o$.ls5xv9k52cxq$>,
    John wrote:

    > Just me, or anyone else not getting international newsgroups - yet
    > again:-(

    Indeed so -- no international feeds. Their peering has gone AWOL.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    somewhere else." -- Sam Walton
    Ralph Fox, Sep 21, 2006
  17. John

    John Guest

    On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 21:49:14 +1200, joe_90 wrote:

    > John wrote:
    >> I've now received twelve (12) emails from TelstraClear, each one
    >> asking me to reply between the lines if the FAQ from their site
    >> doesn't answer the problem I raised (no international newsgroup feed).
    >>
    >> Each time I've answered and mentioned that I've already gave them all
    >> the particulars, but still the emails come:)
    >>
    >> For the last five emails I've sent a cc to the Postmaster at Paradise
    >> but that hasn't even made a difference.
    >> I thought for awhile that someone had realised the mistake because I
    >> hadn't received an email from them between lunch and 4pm but now it
    >> started again.

    > emails to TC postmaster are simply bounced to the automated help system
    > (well they were last time I was frustrated enough to try this approach),
    > so you are probably chasing your own tail.

    Seems that way. The automated help emails have now grown to over
    twenty (20) I've just sent the last one away pleading surrender, I've
    given up, waved the white flag. TelstraClear, obviously have more time
    to play silly buggers than I do.

    Regards,
    John.
    John, Sep 21, 2006
  18. John

    Keith Guest

    John <> wrote:
    >On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:42:11 +1200, Max Burke wrote:
    >
    >>> Dave Doe scribbled:
    >>> In article <rdsg59jpt59o$.ls5xv9k52cxq$>,
    >>> lid says...

    >>> Some, but not all - two days has it been now?

    >> Just updated my telstraclear/Paradise overseas NG's and they all have their
    >> normal/average number of messages in them.

    >Lucky you. I still haven't had anything since the 19th. Whereabouts in
    >NZ are you Max?
    >
    >I'm still receiving the same email from TelstraClear up to number
    >16:)

    I put in a "Question" through there on-line help system. I then got
    a "Have you tried switching your PC on" reply. I pressed the "No it
    doesn't answer my problem" button. An hour or three later I got a reply
    from a real person asking:
    <quote>
    "We will need more information to be able to diagnose the problem you
    are experiencing. Information we will need is:

    - Which international news groups are you subscribed in?

    The few international newsgroups I tried had updated posts.

    With this information, we will have a better indication of the problem
    and be able to give you a more accurate diagnosis and a quicker
    resolution."
    </quote>

    So I gave them a few examples. I sure hope they are not going to individually update groups! :-(
    Keith, Sep 21, 2006
  19. John

    Earl Grey Guest

    On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 08:28:07 +1200, Keith wrote:

    > John <> wrote:

    >>> Just updated my telstraclear/Paradise overseas NG's and they all have their
    >>> normal/average number of messages in them.

    >>Lucky you. I still haven't had anything since the 19th. Whereabouts in
    >>NZ are you Max?
    >>
    >>I'm still receiving the same email from TelstraClear up to number
    >>16:)

    > I put in a "Question" through there on-line help system. I then got
    > a "Have you tried switching your PC on" reply. I pressed the "No it
    > doesn't answer my problem" button. An hour or three later I got a reply
    > from a real person asking:
    > <quote>
    > "We will need more information to be able to diagnose the problem you
    > are experiencing. Information we will need is:
    >
    > - Which international news groups are you subscribed in?
    >
    > The few international newsgroups I tried had updated posts.
    >
    > With this information, we will have a better indication of the problem
    > and be able to give you a more accurate diagnosis and a quicker
    > resolution."
    > </quote>
    >
    > So I gave them a few examples. I sure hope they are not going to individually update groups! :-(

    The last posts that I can see are 1500hrs on 19/09/06
    Earl Grey, Sep 21, 2006
  20. John

    Max Burke Guest

    > John scribbled:

    >> On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:42:11 +1200, Max Burke wrote:

    > > > Some, but not all - two days has it been now?

    >> Just updated my telstraclear/Paradise overseas NG's and they all
    >> have their normal/average number of messages in them.

    > Lucky you. I still haven't had anything since the 19th. Whereabouts in
    > NZ are you Max?

    Let me clarify that....

    Normal numbers of posts up until the 19th....
    That'll teach me to post a reply before checking the dates on the posts.....

    e-mail fired off to my 'private' contacts at Telstraclear/Paradise to ask
    them why they're not doing what they get paid for *AGAIN*...

    Found Images
    Max Burke, Sep 21, 2006