    Yes the call center here in Kapiti, lots of people will be out of work, I do
    hope its not this side of Christmas.

    I just herd that on a local Radio station.

    Mary Hanna, Nov 21, 2009

  2. Mary Hanna

    pystol Guest

    Re: TelstraClear is Moving its call center to the Philippines..

    On Nov 21, 10:19 pm, Mary Hanna <> wrote:
    > Yes the call center here in Kapiti, lots of people will be out of work, I do
    > hope its not this side of Christmas.
    >
    > I just herd that on a local Radio station.

    Oh dear, I feel sorry for you TelstraClear customers. There's not much
    that is more frustrating than trying to communicate with a useless
    fucking English-is-a-second-language support person from the third
    world.

    pystol, Nov 21, 2009

  3. Mary Hanna

    Adam Guest

    Mary Hanna wrote:

    > Yes the call center here in Kapiti, lots of people will be out of work, I
    > do hope its not this side of Christmas.
    >
    > I just herd that on a local Radio station.

    Vodaphone too, its Call Centre to Manila, apparently.

    Adam, Nov 21, 2009
  4. Mary Hanna

    victor Guest

    pystol wrote:
    > On Nov 21, 10:19 pm, Mary Hanna <> wrote:
    >> Yes the call center here in Kapiti, lots of people will be out of work, I do
    >> hope its not this side of Christmas.
    >>
    >> I just herd that on a local Radio station.

    > Oh dear, I feel sorry for you TelstraClear customers. There's not much
    > that is more frustrating than trying to communicate with a useless
    > fucking English-is-a-second-language support person from the third
    > world.

    Its a dirty job, but someones got to do it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt9j80Jkc_A

    victor, Nov 21, 2009
  5. Mary Hanna

    Carnations Guest

    On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 06:08:21 +1300, Adam wrote:

    >> Yes the call center here in Kapiti, lots of people will be out of work,
    >> I do hope its not this side of Christmas.
    >>
    >> I just herd that on a local Radio station.

    > Vodaphone too, its Call Centre to Manila, apparently.

    There is at least one contact centre in the Philippines that is entirely owned by 100% New Zealand
    owned companies.

    They're taking advantage of the low wage economy there, and many (enough) of the citizens there
    speak excellent English. Others of course speak appalling English.

    Carnations, Nov 21, 2009
  6. Mary Hanna

    Max Burke Guest

    Adam wrote:
    > Mary Hanna wrote:

    >> Yes the call center here in Kapiti, lots of people will be out of work, I
    >> do hope its not this side of Christmas.
    >>
    >> I just herd that on a local Radio station.

    > Vodaphone too, its Call Centre to Manila, apparently.

    Last/first time I called Vodafone (when trying to activate my online
    mobile phone account) I ended up at an Egyptian Vodafone call centre.

    Their English wasn't that bad, but talk about 'arrogant!'

    They tried to tell me my paradise email address that I have had for 10+
    years belonged to someone else, that I was using the wrong email
    address, that I had been a Vodafone customer previously (I haven't) and
    that they couldn't fix the problem I was having as their computer had
    'frozen' and hung up on me.

    --

    Found Images

    Max Burke, Nov 21, 2009
  7. Mary Hanna

    Carnations Guest

    On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 11:18:48 +1300, Max Burke wrote:

    > Adam wrote:
    >> Mary Hanna wrote:

    >>> Yes the call center here in Kapiti, lots of people will be out of
    >>> work, I do hope its not this side of Christmas.
    >>>
    >>> I just herd that on a local Radio station.

    >> Vodaphone too, its Call Centre to Manila, apparently.

    > Last/first time I called Vodafone (when trying to activate my online
    > mobile phone account) I ended up at an Egyptian Vodafone call centre.
    >
    > Their English wasn't that bad, but talk about 'arrogant!'
    >
    > They tried to tell me my paradise email address that I have had for 10+
    > years belonged to someone else, that I was using the wrong email
    > address, that I had been a Vodafone customer previously (I haven't) and
    > that they couldn't fix the problem I was having as their computer had
    > 'frozen' and hung up on me.

    Hmmm... Excellent Vodafone customer service!

    Carnations, Nov 21, 2009
  8. Mary Hanna

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-11-21, Carnations <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 06:08:21 +1300, Adam wrote:
    >
    >>> Yes the call center here in Kapiti, lots of people will be out of work,
    >>> I do hope its not this side of Christmas.
    >>>
    >>> I just herd that on a local Radio station.

    >> Vodaphone too, its Call Centre to Manila, apparently.

    > There is at least one contact centre in the Philippines that is entirely owned by 100% New Zealand
    > owned companies.
    >
    > They're taking advantage of the low wage economy there, and many (enough) of the citizens there
    > speak excellent English. Others of course speak appalling English.

    Also read that Maori names throws them off the customer focused bus.

    Gordon, Nov 22, 2009
  9. Mary Hanna

    John Little Guest

    Re: TelstraClear is Moving its call center to the Philippines..

    > > ... contact centre in the Philippines ...

    > > Others of course speak appalling English.

    > Also read that Maori names throws them off the customer focused bus.

    The New Zealand accent can throw them too.

    Regards, John

    John Little, Nov 23, 2009
  10. Mary Hanna

    Carnations Guest

    On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 07:55:52 +0000, Gordon wrote:

    >>> Vodaphone too, its Call Centre to Manila, apparently.

    >> There is at least one contact centre in the Philippines that is
    >> entirely owned by 100% New Zealand owned companies.
    >>
    >> They're taking advantage of the low wage economy there, and many
    >> (enough) of the citizens there speak excellent English. Others of
    >> course speak appalling English.
    >>

    > Also read that Maori names throws them off the customer focused bus.

    Well use the English equivalents.

    After All, its correct name is Mount Egmont rather than Mt Taranaki, and it is "Wellington" instead of "Te
    Whananui a Tara!", and it is "Auckland" instead of "Akarana" (or however it is that Maoris butcher the
    pronunciation of that name), and it *is* "Stephen" instead of "Tipine".

    Besides, if they can butcher the Tagalog tongue they can butcher the Maori tongue just as well given
    that both be pseudo phonetic languages. ;o)

    Carnations, Nov 23, 2009
  11. In message <>, Carnations wrote:

    > Well use the English equivalents.
    >
    > After All, its correct name is Mount Egmont ...

    What’s English about “Egmont� “Mont†is French, isn’t it?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 23, 2009
  12. Mary Hanna

    Fred Guest

    "Mary Hanna" <> wrote in message

    > Yes the call center here in Kapiti, lots of people will be out of work, I
    > do
    > hope its not this side of Christmas.

    Why should it take fewer people to run a call centre just because it's
    moved?

    Fred, Nov 24, 2009
  13. Mary Hanna

    Carnations Guest

    On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:36:42 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > In message <>, Carnations wrote:
    >
    >> Well use the English equivalents.
    >>
    >> After All, its correct name is Mount Egmont ...

    > What’s English about “Egmont� “Mont†is French, isn’t it?

    O thou linguistically challenged one, modern employs a very considerable number of words that are of
    French origin and even more that are not derived from Old English.

    Even the word "are" (that specific form of the verb "to be") is not of Old English derivation and was
    adopted near the end of the late middle ages.

    Carnations, Nov 24, 2009
  14. Mary Hanna

    Mutlley Guest

    BrentC <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 15:12:25 +1300, Mutley
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Mary Hanna <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Yes the call center here in Kapiti, lots of people will be out of work, I do
    >>>hope its not this side of Christmas.
    >>>
    >>>I just herd that on a local Radio station.
    >>>

    >>It's always this side of Xmas. That's how greedy companies get out
    >>of paying holiday pay to their workers. They close down before
    >>Xmas..

    >You what?
    >
    > you want to retract that or at least confirm that you are a bit dim?

    haven't you noticed the trend over the years that NZ companies close
    down during November / December rite before Xmas. ?? I'f not you
    obviously are a new person to NZ.

    Mutlley, Nov 24, 2009
  15. Mary Hanna

    victor Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In message <>, Carnations wrote:
    >
    >> Well use the English equivalents.
    >>
    >> After All, its correct name is Mount Egmont ...

    > What’s English about “Egmont� “Mont†is French, isn’t it?

    Egmont/Egmond is Dutch.

    victor, Nov 25, 2009
  16. Mary Hanna

    Brian Dooley Guest

    On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:51:50 +1300, "Fred" <>
    wrote:

    >"Mutlley" <> wrote in message
    >> BrentC <> wrote:

    >>>You what?
    >>>
    >>> you want to retract that or at least confirm that you are a bit dim?
    >>>

    >> haven't you noticed the trend over the years that NZ companies close
    >> down during November / December rite before Xmas. ?? I'f not you
    >> obviously are a new person to NZ.

    >It is irrelevant when they close as far as holiday pay goes. It is
    >compulsory to pay it.
    >The Phillipines is a brilliant location for a call centre. Plenty of keen
    >willing staff with brilliant work ethic and all better schooled in English
    >than NZ school pupils.

    That's OK as long as you understsnd American.
    --

    Brian Dooley

    Wellington New Zealand

    Brian Dooley, Nov 25, 2009