    resubmit my query. And one of the responses I did get said that the DNS
    slaving service I was trying to use was not available, when it fact
    there were all these Web pages that are supposed to let you do it!
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jan 1, 2005

  2. "Lawrence D¹Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in message
    > Has anybody else tried to do battle with the TelstraClear help desk?
    >
    > I have a client who has a server in a cabinet in their hosting area in
    > the middle of (Hamil)town. This server is DNS primary for a bunch of
    > domains, with TelstraClear providing secondaries. I'm trying add another
    > domain, but there's something wrong with their account-management Web
    > pages--every time I type in a name or IP address for the primary, the
    > confirmation message coming back says that the address has been set to
    > "null". I've tried 3 different Web browsers on both Mac and Linux, with
    > the same result.
    >
    > I've been trying to get some help from a human for nearly a month now.
    > First of all it seems to take about 6 days to get back each response,
    > and I frequently get "did not parse correctly" responses and have to
    > resubmit my query. And one of the responses I did get said that the DNS
    > slaving service I was trying to use was not available, when it fact
    > there were all these Web pages that are supposed to let you do it!

    Called 0800 299 300 and asked for another support level?

    I'd believe that if you have a co-located server contract with them you'd at
    least have a contact phone number. If you can't have a domain added to the
    DNS after a month, I'd switch hosting providers without a thought. I'd
    switch after two days actually.

    Mauricio Freitas, Jan 1, 2005

    Mauricio Freitas, Jan 1, 2005