    Perhaps I should sell this statement on TradeMe, it might be worth something
    as a collectors' item?

    BS

    J Smith, Nov 20, 2006

  2. J Smith

    Matty F Guest

    J Smith wrote:
    > I had a CREDIT balance in my old internet dial-up account of $3.99, but
    > TelstraClear in its wisdom WROTE IT OFF as the account had not been active.
    > The only problem was that they wrote off $4 leaving my account in debit to
    > the tune of 1 cent.
    >
    > I have now received a statement from TelstraClear which says I have an
    > overdue account of $0.01, with a note saying "Please pay immediately". Now
    > isn't this BS at the highest level, they pinched my $3.99 credit balance for
    > themselves and now want me to PAY THEM a further 1 cent!
    >
    > Perhaps I should sell this statement on TradeMe, it might be worth something
    > as a collectors' item?

    Why don't you phone them and tell them that you'll do just that unless
    they grovel.

    I have been phoned several times by TelstraClear wanting me to buy
    their ASDL.
    I have never been a customer of theirs and I explained that I never
    will be because of the total unhelpfulness of their support staff when
    I've contacted them on behalf of some of their customers. TelstraClear
    should spend a bit more money on their helpdesk and waste less on
    trying to get new customerrs.

    Matty F, Nov 20, 2006

  3. J Smith

    steve Guest

    J Smith wrote:

    > I had a CREDIT balance in my old internet dial-up account of $3.99, but
    > TelstraClear in its wisdom WROTE IT OFF as the account had not been
    > active. The only problem was that they wrote off $4 leaving my account in
    > debit to the tune of 1 cent.
    >
    > I have now received a statement from TelstraClear which says I have an
    > overdue account of $0.01, with a note saying "Please pay immediately". Now
    > isn't this BS at the highest level, they pinched my $3.99 credit balance
    > for themselves and now want me to PAY THEM a further 1 cent!
    >
    > Perhaps I should sell this statement on TradeMe, it might be worth
    > something as a collectors' item?
    >
    > BS

    TC have owed me $5.35 cents for 3 years now....and dutifully send me a
    statement each month telling me I have a credit balance.

    I have asked them to close the account and send me a cheque, but they said
    they can't do that for some reason that remains obscure even now.

    But 36 x 45 cents worth of postage would cost them a lot MORE than just
    giving me my own money would.

    steve, Nov 20, 2006
  4. J Smith

    Vista Guest

    "J Smith" <> wrote in message
    >I had a CREDIT balance in my old internet dial-up account of $3.99, but
    >TelstraClear in its wisdom WROTE IT OFF as the account had not been active.
    >The only problem was that they wrote off $4 leaving my account in debit to
    >the tune of 1 cent.
    >
    > I have now received a statement from TelstraClear which says I have an
    > overdue account of $0.01, with a note saying "Please pay immediately". Now
    > isn't this BS at the highest level, they pinched my $3.99 credit balance
    > for themselves and now want me to PAY THEM a further 1 cent!
    >
    > Perhaps I should sell this statement on TradeMe, it might be worth
    > something as a collectors' item?
    >
    > BS

    I have also heard similar problems, and I believe fair go also featured a
    similar problem. Maybe you should take them to task over this and send them
    a bill for your time in sorting it out, as obviously their billing system is
    stuffed and they know it.

    Vista, Nov 20, 2006
  5. J Smith

    Barry Lennox Guest

    On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:00:40 +1300, "J Smith" <>
    wrote:

    >I had a CREDIT balance in my old internet dial-up account of $3.99, but
    >TelstraClear in its wisdom WROTE IT OFF as the account had not been active.
    >The only problem was that they wrote off $4 leaving my account in debit to
    >the tune of 1 cent.
    >
    >I have now received a statement from TelstraClear which says I have an
    >overdue account of $0.01, with a note saying "Please pay immediately". Now
    >isn't this BS at the highest level, they pinched my $3.99 credit balance for
    >themselves and now want me to PAY THEM a further 1 cent!
    >
    >Perhaps I should sell this statement on TradeMe, it might be worth something
    >as a collectors' item?

    Their customer service was poor, IME. Mind you it's out of the frying
    pan into the fire right now. Slingshot's is about 10x worse!

    However Dopey Fuckers of the Year Award top contender is that old-time
    favourite, LTNZ and their lackeys.

    My car reg was due, so wife took my cheque ($180.20)and the paperwork
    to Books'n'More. The counter-jumper said:

    "Oooh, LTNZ have made an error, it should be $180.22, can you please
    alter the cheque?"

    "No effign way, said wife, that would be fraud, it's not my cheque"

    So, after about 5 mins naffing about, they managed to somehow "reverse
    it" in their puter system so that they accepted the cheque, 2c short.

    There seems to be no end to the fuckup after fuckup after fuckup this
    mob makes, and where's andy knuklehead when you need a long,
    convoluted and useless explanation?

    Barry Lennox, Nov 20, 2006
  6. J Smith

    Warwick Guest

    On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:00:40 +1300, J Smith wrote:

    > I had a CREDIT balance in my old internet dial-up account of $3.99, but
    > TelstraClear in its wisdom WROTE IT OFF as the account had not been active.
    > The only problem was that they wrote off $4 leaving my account in debit to
    > the tune of 1 cent.
    >
    > I have now received a statement from TelstraClear which says I have an
    > overdue account of $0.01, with a note saying "Please pay immediately". Now
    > isn't this BS at the highest level, they pinched my $3.99 credit balance for
    > themselves and now want me to PAY THEM a further 1 cent!
    >
    > Perhaps I should sell this statement on TradeMe, it might be worth something
    > as a collectors' item?
    >
    > BS

    I just had service terminated by slingshot for non payment (they were
    debiting a cancelled credit card). But I could sill log in, negotiate DHCP
    and get an IP. Usenet requests were explicitly refused by the server. No
    web pages would load. So I ran some traces to domestic and foreign IP
    addresses. I'd get to about 4 or 6 hops and then all requests timed out. It
    was like the internet had disappeared at the router just down the road. I
    rang their 0800 number and got no answer. I assumed catastrophic router
    failure, that they knew about it and the problem would be resolved shortly.
    After a week I spent the required 20 minutes waiting for response on 0800
    and discovered it was a billing problem that could be fixed in seconds.

    What an idiotic way to terminate service. You'd think an email might be
    more appropriate and effective.

    cheers

    Warwick, Nov 20, 2006
  7. J Smith

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <456160a6$>, says...
    > I had a CREDIT balance in my old internet dial-up account of $3.99, but
    > TelstraClear in its wisdom WROTE IT OFF as the account had not been active.
    > The only problem was that they wrote off $4 leaving my account in debit to
    > the tune of 1 cent.
    >
    > I have now received a statement from TelstraClear which says I have an
    > overdue account of $0.01, with a note saying "Please pay immediately". Now
    > isn't this BS at the highest level, they pinched my $3.99 credit balance for
    > themselves and now want me to PAY THEM a further 1 cent!
    >
    > Perhaps I should sell this statement on TradeMe, it might be worth something
    > as a collectors' item?

    Bloody computers, who programs them! :) Phone TS accounts and they'll
    sort it - surely.

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Nov 20, 2006
  8. On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:00:40 +1300, "J Smith" <>
    wrote:

    >I had a CREDIT balance in my old internet dial-up account of $3.99, but
    >TelstraClear in its wisdom WROTE IT OFF as the account had not been active.
    >The only problem was that they wrote off $4 leaving my account in debit to
    >the tune of 1 cent.
    >
    >I have now received a statement from TelstraClear which says I have an
    >overdue account of $0.01, with a note saying "Please pay immediately". Now
    >isn't this BS at the highest level, they pinched my $3.99 credit balance for
    >themselves and now want me to PAY THEM a further 1 cent!
    >
    >Perhaps I should sell this statement on TradeMe, it might be worth something
    >as a collectors' item?
    >
    >BS

    Please pay it.
    It's the 20th of the month and it looks like their international
    usenet feed has stopped yet again! Your payment could be the amount
    they need to increase their monthly quota :)

    --
    Regards
    Malcolm

    Malcolm Moore, Nov 20, 2006
  9. J Smith wrote:
    > I had a CREDIT balance in my old internet dial-up account of $3.99, but
    > TelstraClear in its wisdom WROTE IT OFF as the account had not been active.
    > The only problem was that they wrote off $4 leaving my account in debit to
    > the tune of 1 cent.
    >
    > I have now received a statement from TelstraClear which says I have an
    > overdue account of $0.01, with a note saying "Please pay immediately". Now
    > isn't this BS at the highest level, they pinched my $3.99 credit balance for
    > themselves and now want me to PAY THEM a further 1 cent!
    >
    > Perhaps I should sell this statement on TradeMe, it might be worth something
    > as a collectors' item?
    >
    > BS

    Don't forget the goodwill generating $7.95 late payment fees.

    Mark Robinson, Nov 20, 2006
  10. J Smith

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Warwick wrote:
    > On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:00:40 +1300, J Smith wrote:
    >
    > > I had a CREDIT balance in my old internet dial-up account of $3.99,
    > > but TelstraClear in its wisdom WROTE IT OFF as the account had not
    > > been active. The only problem was that they wrote off $4 leaving my
    > > account in debit to the tune of 1 cent.
    > >
    > > I have now received a statement from TelstraClear which says I have
    > > an overdue account of $0.01, with a note saying "Please pay
    > > immediately". Now isn't this BS at the highest level, they pinched
    > > my $3.99 credit balance for themselves and now want me to PAY THEM
    > > a further 1 cent!
    > >
    > > Perhaps I should sell this statement on TradeMe, it might be worth
    > > something as a collectors' item?
    > >
    > > BS

    > I just had service terminated by slingshot for non payment (they were
    > debiting a cancelled credit card). But I could sill log in, negotiate
    > DHCP and get an IP. Usenet requests were explicitly refused by the
    > server. No web pages would load. So I ran some traces to domestic and
    > foreign IP addresses. I'd get to about 4 or 6 hops and then all
    > requests timed out. It was like the internet had disappeared at the
    > router just down the road. I rang their 0800 number and got no
    > answer. I assumed catastrophic router failure, that they knew about
    > it and the problem would be resolved shortly. After a week I spent
    > the required 20 minutes waiting for response on 0800 and discovered
    > it was a billing problem that could be fixed in seconds.
    >
    > What an idiotic way to terminate service. You'd think an email might
    > be more appropriate and effective.

    Umm, how would you get the email if your service had been terminated?

    Oh, you mean warn you first? :)
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Nov 20, 2006
  11. J Smith

    Tony Guest

    > I just had service terminated by slingshot for non payment (they were
    > debiting a cancelled credit card). But I could sill log in, negotiate DHCP
    > and get an IP. Usenet requests were explicitly refused by the server. No
    > web pages would load. So I ran some traces to domestic and foreign IP
    > addresses. I'd get to about 4 or 6 hops and then all requests timed out. It
    > was like the internet had disappeared at the router just down the road. I
    > rang their 0800 number and got no answer. I assumed catastrophic router
    > failure, that they knew about it and the problem would be resolved shortly.
    > After a week I spent the required 20 minutes waiting for response on 0800
    > and discovered it was a billing problem that could be fixed in seconds.
    >
    > What an idiotic way to terminate service. You'd think an email might be
    > more appropriate and effective.
    >
    > cheers

    I would say you were being allocated a private (rfc1918) ip address,
    hense could access things withing their network only.

    Tony, Nov 20, 2006
  12. J Smith

    whome Guest

    "J Smith" <> wrote in message
    >I had a CREDIT balance in my old internet dial-up account of $3.99, but
    >TelstraClear in its wisdom WROTE IT OFF as the account had not been active.
    >The only problem was that they wrote off $4 leaving my account in debit to
    >the tune of 1 cent.
    >
    > I have now received a statement from TelstraClear which says I have an
    > overdue account of $0.01, with a note saying "Please pay immediately". Now
    > isn't this BS at the highest level, they pinched my $3.99 credit balance
    > for themselves and now want me to PAY THEM a further 1 cent!
    >
    > Perhaps I should sell this statement on TradeMe, it might be worth
    > something as a collectors' item?
    >
    > BS

    He he thats a good one. This is the prob with computer systems in that they
    just do as they are programmed. I'd say this is due to some poor business
    analysis work and/or testing.

    Of course when you speak to them they would sort it out immediately.

    Send this to a newspaper, Telcos hate being in the news.

    whome, Nov 20, 2006
  13. J Smith

    J Smith Guest

    "Barry Lennox" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:00:40 +1300, "J Smith" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I had a CREDIT balance in my old internet dial-up account of $3.99, but
    >>TelstraClear in its wisdom WROTE IT OFF as the account had not been
    >>active.
    >>The only problem was that they wrote off $4 leaving my account in debit to
    >>the tune of 1 cent.
    >>
    >>I have now received a statement from TelstraClear which says I have an
    >>overdue account of $0.01, with a note saying "Please pay immediately". Now
    >>isn't this BS at the highest level, they pinched my $3.99 credit balance
    >>for
    >>themselves and now want me to PAY THEM a further 1 cent!
    >>
    >>Perhaps I should sell this statement on TradeMe, it might be worth
    >>something
    >>as a collectors' item?

    > Their customer service was poor, IME. Mind you it's out of the frying
    > pan into the fire right now. Slingshot's is about 10x worse!
    >
    > However Dopey Fuckers of the Year Award top contender is that old-time
    > favourite, LTNZ and their lackeys.
    >
    > My car reg was due, so wife took my cheque ($180.20)and the paperwork
    > to Books'n'More. The counter-jumper said:
    >
    > "Oooh, LTNZ have made an error, it should be $180.22, can you please
    > alter the cheque?"
    >
    > "No effign way, said wife, that would be fraud, it's not my cheque"
    >
    > So, after about 5 mins naffing about, they managed to somehow "reverse
    > it" in their puter system so that they accepted the cheque, 2c short.
    >
    > There seems to be no end to the fuckup after fuckup after fuckup this
    > mob makes, and where's andy knuklehead when you need a long,
    > convoluted and useless explanation?

    Yes, I had exactly the same experience, I had already made my cheque out for
    $180.20, but the fellow at the counter said I would have to alter the
    cheque. There was a long queue of people behind me, but I said that I didn't
    want to alter my cheque because the account said $183.20, NOT $183.22! I was
    told that my cheque for $183.20 could not be accepted in any circumstances.
    My legal arguments came to nothing as I was told to alter the cheque or get
    out of the queue. Finally, I did alter the cheque, but I would have held out
    a bit longer if it hadn't been for the long queue of people behind me. For
    Post Shop to refuse to accept my cheque for $183.20 was dogmatic and foolish
    IMHO.

    J Smith, Nov 20, 2006
  14. J Smith

    peterwn Guest

    J Smith wrote:
    > I had a CREDIT balance in my old internet dial-up account of $3.99, but
    > TelstraClear in its wisdom WROTE IT OFF as the account had not been active.
    > The only problem was that they wrote off $4 leaving my account in debit to
    > the tune of 1 cent.
    >
    > I have now received a statement from TelstraClear which says I have an
    > overdue account of $0.01, with a note saying "Please pay immediately". Now
    > isn't this BS at the highest level, they pinched my $3.99 credit balance for
    > themselves and now want me to PAY THEM a further 1 cent!
    >
    > Perhaps I should sell this statement on TradeMe, it might be worth something
    > as a collectors' item?

    Just ignore it. The joke will be on Telstra Clear when you have a
    Baycorp record showing that you owe them 1 cent. Or when you receive a
    default summons to appear in court for 1 cent and you tell the local
    paper.

    peterwn, Nov 20, 2006
  15. J Smith

    J Smith Guest

    "whome" <> wrote in message

    > "J Smith" <> wrote in message
    >>I had a CREDIT balance in my old internet dial-up account of $3.99, but
    >>TelstraClear in its wisdom WROTE IT OFF as the account had not been
    >>active. The only problem was that they wrote off $4 leaving my account in
    >>debit to the tune of 1 cent.
    >>
    >> I have now received a statement from TelstraClear which says I have an
    >> overdue account of $0.01, with a note saying "Please pay immediately".
    >> Now isn't this BS at the highest level, they pinched my $3.99 credit
    >> balance for themselves and now want me to PAY THEM a further 1 cent!
    >>
    >> Perhaps I should sell this statement on TradeMe, it might be worth
    >> something as a collectors' item?
    >>
    >> BS
    >>

    > He he thats a good one. This is the prob with computer systems in that
    > they just do as they are programmed. I'd say this is due to some poor
    > business analysis work and/or testing.
    >
    > Of course when you speak to them they would sort it out immediately.
    >
    > Send this to a newspaper, Telcos hate being in the news.

    But couldn't their computer system be programmed to print an exception
    report for all "overdue" balances under $1 and exclude these statements from
    being mailed out? Yes, I need to speak to them, but like all other big
    businesses, they don't want to talk to you. You wait and wait and wait for
    someone to answer. Try ringing a bank (TSB excepted), an airline, the IRD,
    the Cook Strait ferries, a Telco, and then settle down with a good book for
    half an hour or so waiting for a reply. These days, it seems to be regarded
    as good business to REALLY ANNOY your customers, perhaps the Universities
    are teaching this philosophy, because it is now a very widespread practice!

    J Smith, Nov 20, 2006
  16. J Smith

    thingy Guest

    Matty F wrote:
    > J Smith wrote:
    >> I had a CREDIT balance in my old internet dial-up account of $3.99, but
    >> TelstraClear in its wisdom WROTE IT OFF as the account had not been active.
    >> The only problem was that they wrote off $4 leaving my account in debit to
    >> the tune of 1 cent.
    >>
    >> I have now received a statement from TelstraClear which says I have an
    >> overdue account of $0.01, with a note saying "Please pay immediately". Now
    >> isn't this BS at the highest level, they pinched my $3.99 credit balance for
    >> themselves and now want me to PAY THEM a further 1 cent!
    >>
    >> Perhaps I should sell this statement on TradeMe, it might be worth something
    >> as a collectors' item?

    > Why don't you phone them and tell them that you'll do just that unless
    > they grovel.
    >
    > I have been phoned several times by TelstraClear wanting me to buy
    > their ASDL.
    > I have never been a customer of theirs and I explained that I never
    > will be because of the total unhelpfulness of their support staff when
    > I've contacted them on behalf of some of their customers. TelstraClear
    > should spend a bit more money on their helpdesk and waste less on
    > trying to get new customerrs.

    The in-competence of their billing dept exceeds the in-competance of
    their hell desk by several factors IMHO....about all I can say is about
    par for a Telco...then there are their sales guys who will lie to you,
    mostly not answer emails and phone calls, change their minds.....

    If I had a choice about Broadband/Cable I'd move....Paradise were
    great....Clear just suck....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Nov 20, 2006
  17. J Smith

    Barry Lennox Guest

    On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 07:50:44 +1300, "J Smith" <>
    wrote:

    >"Barry Lennox" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:00:40 +1300, "J Smith" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I had a CREDIT balance in my old internet dial-up account of $3.99, but
    >>>TelstraClear in its wisdom WROTE IT OFF as the account had not been
    >>>active.
    >>>The only problem was that they wrote off $4 leaving my account in debit to
    >>>the tune of 1 cent.
    >>>
    >>>I have now received a statement from TelstraClear which says I have an
    >>>overdue account of $0.01, with a note saying "Please pay immediately". Now
    >>>isn't this BS at the highest level, they pinched my $3.99 credit balance
    >>>for
    >>>themselves and now want me to PAY THEM a further 1 cent!
    >>>
    >>>Perhaps I should sell this statement on TradeMe, it might be worth
    >>>something
    >>>as a collectors' item?

    >> Their customer service was poor, IME. Mind you it's out of the frying
    >> pan into the fire right now. Slingshot's is about 10x worse!
    >>
    >> However Dopey Fuckers of the Year Award top contender is that old-time
    >> favourite, LTNZ and their lackeys.
    >>
    >> My car reg was due, so wife took my cheque ($180.20)and the paperwork
    >> to Books'n'More. The counter-jumper said:
    >>
    >> "Oooh, LTNZ have made an error, it should be $180.22, can you please
    >> alter the cheque?"
    >>
    >> "No effign way, said wife, that would be fraud, it's not my cheque"
    >>
    >> So, after about 5 mins naffing about, they managed to somehow "reverse
    >> it" in their puter system so that they accepted the cheque, 2c short.
    >>
    >> There seems to be no end to the fuckup after fuckup after fuckup this
    >> mob makes, and where's andy knuklehead when you need a long,
    >> convoluted and useless explanation?
    >>

    >Yes, I had exactly the same experience, I had already made my cheque out for
    >$180.20, but the fellow at the counter said I would have to alter the
    >cheque. There was a long queue of people behind me, but I said that I didn't
    >want to alter my cheque because the account said $183.20, NOT $183.22! I was
    >told that my cheque for $183.20 could not be accepted in any circumstances.
    >My legal arguments came to nothing as I was told to alter the cheque or get
    >out of the queue. Finally, I did alter the cheque, but I would have held out
    >a bit longer if it hadn't been for the long queue of people behind me. For
    >Post Shop to refuse to accept my cheque for $183.20 was dogmatic and foolish
    >IMHO.

    Bunch of arrogant assholes. sounds like a job for Fair Go. It won't
    make any difference, but it will expose them for the wankers they are.

    Barry Lennox, Nov 20, 2006
  18. J Smith

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:00:40 +1300, "J Smith" <>
    exclaimed:

    >I had a CREDIT balance in my old internet dial-up account of $3.99, but
    >TelstraClear in its wisdom WROTE IT OFF as the account had not been active.
    >The only problem was that they wrote off $4 leaving my account in debit to
    >the tune of 1 cent.
    >
    >I have now received a statement from TelstraClear which says I have an
    >overdue account of $0.01, with a note saying "Please pay immediately". Now
    >isn't this BS at the highest level, they pinched my $3.99 credit balance for
    >themselves and now want me to PAY THEM a further 1 cent!
    >
    >Perhaps I should sell this statement on TradeMe, it might be worth something
    >as a collectors' item?

    LOL!!!!

    That's absolutely classic! Really, it is!!!

    You should get hold of TV3. They love things like this.

    Fred Dagg, Nov 20, 2006
  19. J Smith

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 09:12:18 +1300, Barry Lennox
    <> exclaimed:

    >>> Their customer service was poor, IME. Mind you it's out of the frying
    >>> pan into the fire right now. Slingshot's is about 10x worse!
    >>>
    >>> However Dopey Fuckers of the Year Award top contender is that old-time
    >>> favourite, LTNZ and their lackeys.
    >>>
    >>> My car reg was due, so wife took my cheque ($180.20)and the paperwork
    >>> to Books'n'More. The counter-jumper said:
    >>>
    >>> "Oooh, LTNZ have made an error, it should be $180.22, can you please
    >>> alter the cheque?"
    >>>
    >>> "No effign way, said wife, that would be fraud, it's not my cheque"
    >>>
    >>> So, after about 5 mins naffing about, they managed to somehow "reverse
    >>> it" in their puter system so that they accepted the cheque, 2c short.
    >>>
    >>> There seems to be no end to the fuckup after fuckup after fuckup this
    >>> mob makes, and where's andy knuklehead when you need a long,
    >>> convoluted and useless explanation?
    >>>

    >>Yes, I had exactly the same experience, I had already made my cheque out for
    >>$180.20, but the fellow at the counter said I would have to alter the
    >>cheque. There was a long queue of people behind me, but I said that I didn't
    >>want to alter my cheque because the account said $183.20, NOT $183.22! I was
    >>told that my cheque for $183.20 could not be accepted in any circumstances.
    >>My legal arguments came to nothing as I was told to alter the cheque or get
    >>out of the queue. Finally, I did alter the cheque, but I would have held out
    >>a bit longer if it hadn't been for the long queue of people behind me. For
    >>Post Shop to refuse to accept my cheque for $183.20 was dogmatic and foolish
    >>IMHO.
    >>

    >Bunch of arrogant assholes. sounds like a job for Fair Go. It won't
    >make any difference, but it will expose them for the wankers they are.

    I'm pretty sure Fair Go featured this exact thing last week.

    Fred Dagg, Nov 20, 2006
  20. J Smith

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <>,
    Barry Lennox <> wrote:

    |Bunch of arrogant assholes. sounds like a job for Fair Go. It won't
    |make any difference, but it will expose them for the wankers they are.

    It *was* a job for Fair Go, a few weeks ago. Andy Knackstead fronted up
    again to explain it. Yes, it was a cock-up, and they fixed it, but initially
    they were caught in a Catch-22: They knew it was broken from the beginning,
    and tried to waive the 2 cents, but were told they were legally obligated to
    collect it. Law makers 1, common sense 0.

    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"

    Don Hills, Nov 20, 2006