    the next month the broadband account I'm on (10gb) will double in
    speed to 4Mbps at no extra charge. Wow, it's already very fast so
    now it's going to be brilliant.

    The Biker, Jul 24, 2006

  2. The Biker

    Chris Lim Guest

    The Biker wrote:
    > Just got a nice christmas email from TelstraClear telling me that during
    > the next month the broadband account I'm on (10gb) will double in
    > speed to 4Mbps at no extra charge. Wow, it's already very fast so
    > now it's going to be brilliant.

    A-hole! I'm jealous :)

    Chris Lim, Jul 24, 2006

  3. The Biker

    thingy Guest

    The Biker wrote:
    > Just got a nice christmas email from TelstraClear telling me that during
    > the next month the broadband account I'm on (10gb) will double in
    > speed to 4Mbps at no extra charge. Wow, it's already very fast so
    > now it's going to be brilliant.

    really? I am finding that my new 2meg account is slower than my old 256k
    account....probably because I was one of the last people on the paradise
    network but I am now on the conjested Clear network...

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Jul 25, 2006
  4. The Biker

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <44c54ad5$>, "The Biker" <> wrote:
    >Just got a nice christmas email from TelstraClear telling me that during
    >the next month the broadband account I'm on (10gb) will double in
    >speed to 4Mbps at no extra charge. Wow, it's already very fast so
    >now it's going to be brilliant.

    I'm not impressed with the change. For me it means a change of (static) IP
    address, and if what I've read here is accurate, they'll be renoving the
    charging differential between local and international traffic as well as
    changing from the old, accurate, detailed usage meter to one that's as bad
    as the one used for ADSL. I hope I'm wrong on that.

    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"

    Don Hills, Jul 25, 2006
  5. The Biker

    Shank Guest

    Don Hills wrote:
    > In article <44c54ad5$>, "The Biker" <> wrote:
    >> Just got a nice christmas email from TelstraClear telling me that during
    >> the next month the broadband account I'm on (10gb) will double in
    >> speed to 4Mbps at no extra charge. Wow, it's already very fast so
    >> now it's going to be brilliant.

    > I'm not impressed with the change. For me it means a change of (static) IP
    > address, and if what I've read here is accurate, they'll be renoving the
    > charging differential between local and international traffic as well as
    > changing from the old, accurate, detailed usage meter to one that's as bad
    > as the one used for ADSL. I hope I'm wrong on that.

    I've found my speed is fine most of the time (except when Paradise does
    their monthly "maintenance" and everything goes belly-up for 6 hrs), but
    the change in the national/international cap really pees me off.

    --
    Rob

    My mind not only wanders; sometimes it leaves completely.

    Shank, Jul 25, 2006
  6. The Biker

    Shane Guest

    thingy wrote:

    > The Biker wrote:
    >> Just got a nice christmas email from TelstraClear telling me that during
    >> the next month the broadband account I'm on (10gb) will double in
    >> speed to 4Mbps at no extra charge. Wow, it's already very fast so
    >> now it's going to be brilliant.
    >>

    > really? I am finding that my new 2meg account is slower than my old 256k
    > account....probably because I was one of the last people on the paradise
    > network but I am now on the conjested Clear network...
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    I find on my connection (IHug 2Mb/s) I get max throughput in the mornings
    (8am - 10am) and on saturday nights!!!

    --
    Rule 6: There is no rule 6

    Blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org

    Shane, Jul 25, 2006
  7. The Biker

    thingy Guest

    Shane wrote:
    > thingy wrote:
    >

    >>The Biker wrote:
    >>
    >>>Just got a nice christmas email from TelstraClear telling me that during
    >>>the next month the broadband account I'm on (10gb) will double in
    >>>speed to 4Mbps at no extra charge. Wow, it's already very fast so
    >>>now it's going to be brilliant.
    >>>

    >>really? I am finding that my new 2meg account is slower than my old 256k
    >>account....probably because I was one of the last people on the paradise
    >>network but I am now on the conjested Clear network...
    >>
    >>regards
    >>
    >>Thing

    > I find on my connection (IHug 2Mb/s) I get max throughput in the mornings
    > (8am - 10am) and on saturday nights!!!

    I have been digging through munin and it registers 1.7meg on
    occasion...still feels like a dog though....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Jul 25, 2006
  8. The Biker

    The Biker Guest

    "Chris Lim" <> wrote in message
    > The Biker wrote:
    >> Just got a nice christmas email from TelstraClear telling me that during
    >> the next month the broadband account I'm on (10gb) will double in
    >> speed to 4Mbps at no extra charge. Wow, it's already very fast so
    >> now it's going to be brilliant.

    > A-hole! I'm jealous :)

    Grin...na na na na na.....

    The Biker, Jul 25, 2006
  9. The Biker

    The Biker Guest

    "thingy" <> wrote in message
    > The Biker wrote:
    >> Just got a nice christmas email from TelstraClear telling me that during
    >> the next month the broadband account I'm on (10gb) will double in
    >> speed to 4Mbps at no extra charge. Wow, it's already very fast so
    >> now it's going to be brilliant.
    >>

    > really? I am finding that my new 2meg account is slower than my old 256k
    > account....probably because I was one of the last people on the paradise
    > network but I am now on the conjested Clear network...
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    Yeah mine was too until I realised they had me on the slower (256) not the
    2Mbps.
    Once they fixed it yippeeeeeeee fassstttt

    The Biker, Jul 25, 2006
  10. The Biker

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > In article <44c54ad5$>, "The Biker" <> wrote:
    > >Just got a nice christmas email from TelstraClear telling me that during
    > >the next month the broadband account I'm on (10gb) will double in
    > >speed to 4Mbps at no extra charge. Wow, it's already very fast so
    > >now it's going to be brilliant.

    > I'm not impressed with the change. For me it means a change of (static) IP
    > address, and if what I've read here is accurate, they'll be renoving the

    Have you not changed over from the original, original plan??? Or are
    you saying it is *another* change in IP?

    Is it a big deal? - changing IP? I made *one* change on my Server.

    > charging differential between local and international traffic as well as
    > changing from the old, accurate, detailed usage meter to one that's as bad
    > as the one used for ADSL. I hope I'm wrong on that.

    Same as above, what plan are you on? - this is the case for most of us
    already. How much NZ traffic do you really dl anyway (certainly for me,
    most of mine is international).

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Jul 25, 2006
  11. The Biker

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <>,
    Dave Doe <> wrote:

    >Have you not changed over from the original, original plan??? Or are
    >you saying it is *another* change in IP?

    I changed from the original 256KB/10 GB plan to a 2 MB/5 GB plan a while
    back, when they made the prices of them the same. No change to IP or usage
    meter at that time.

    >Is it a big deal? - changing IP? I made *one* change on my Server.

    No biggie, it only takes a minute to reconfigure the router. It could have
    mattered, though.

    >Same as above, what plan are you on? - this is the case for most of us
    >already. How much NZ traffic do you really dl anyway (certainly for me,
    >most of mine is international).

    I'm currently on what they call "Highspeed - 5G". They're changing me to
    "Highspeed - 10G". My chargeable traffic is about 1/3 local, 2/3
    international. There's currently no charge for traffic to the (Clear) news
    server, I hope that doesn't change. ... Good thing I looked at the
    paperwork, it changes tomorrow. I was thinking it was next week.

    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"

    Don Hills, Jul 25, 2006
  12. "The Biker" <> wrote in message
    > Just got a nice christmas email from TelstraClear telling me that during
    > the next month the broadband account I'm on (10gb) will double in
    > speed to 4Mbps at no extra charge. Wow, it's already very fast so
    > now it's going to be brilliant.

    Bummer. I am already on the 10Mbps plan, so I am not getting any bonus :(

    --

    Mauricio Freitas
    www.geekzone.co.nz, www.geekzone.co.nz/freitasm,

    Mauricio Freitas [MVP], Jul 25, 2006
  13. The Biker

    mario Guest

    The Biker wrote:
    > Just got a nice christmas email from TelstraClear telling me that during
    > the next month the broadband account I'm on (10gb) will double in
    > speed to 4Mbps at no extra charge. Wow, it's already very fast so
    > now it's going to be brilliant.

    Just means I'll hit my 10Gb faster :-(.
    A shame they didn't increase the traffic allocation as well.

    mario

    mario, Jul 25, 2006
  14. The Biker

    Dave Taylor Guest

    mario <> wrote in news::

    > Just means I'll hit my 10Gb faster :-(.
    > A shame they didn't increase the traffic allocation as well.

    My thoughts exactly. You know this means more money for them in overage
    charges. Makes business sense. I have a 2M/20G plan. Soon the be the
    damn it, I just got the %80 warning email!

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Jul 25, 2006
  15. The Biker

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > In article <>,
    > Dave Doe <> wrote:
    > >
    > >Have you not changed over from the original, original plan??? Or are
    > >you saying it is *another* change in IP?

    > I changed from the original 256KB/10 GB plan to a 2 MB/5 GB plan a while
    > back, when they made the prices of them the same. No change to IP or usage
    > meter at that time.
    >
    > >Is it a big deal? - changing IP? I made *one* change on my Server.

    > No biggie, it only takes a minute to reconfigure the router. It could have
    > mattered, though.
    >
    > >Same as above, what plan are you on? - this is the case for most of us
    > >already. How much NZ traffic do you really dl anyway (certainly for me,
    > >most of mine is international).

    > I'm currently on what they call "Highspeed - 5G". They're changing me to
    > "Highspeed - 10G". My chargeable traffic is about 1/3 local, 2/3
    > international. There's currently no charge for traffic to the (Clear) news
    > server, I hope that doesn't change. ... Good thing I looked at the
    > paperwork, it changes tomorrow. I was thinking it was next week.

    I believe news (certainly the radio.paradise.net.nz (as crappy as it is,
    w' 2 of 11 stations available (and been like that for about a year
    now))) is still 'free'.

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Jul 25, 2006
  16. The Biker

    Jo Guest

    "Dave Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > mario <> wrote in news::
    >
    >> Just means I'll hit my 10Gb faster :-(.
    >> A shame they didn't increase the traffic allocation as well.

    > My thoughts exactly. You know this means more money for them in overage
    > charges. Makes business sense. I have a 2M/20G plan. Soon the be the
    > damn it, I just got the %80 warning email!
    >
    > --
    > Ciao, Dave

    We are treading water at the moment. Some bozo whom I will not name in our
    house, connected to work but forgot he had been testing backups and alarms
    the day before. He managed to use 8gb in one day.

    Jo, Jul 26, 2006
  17. The Biker

    SchoolTech Guest

    Don Hills wrote:
    > In article <44c54ad5$>, "The Biker" <> wrote:
    >> Just got a nice christmas email from TelstraClear telling me that during
    >> the next month the broadband account I'm on (10gb) will double in
    >> speed to 4Mbps at no extra charge. Wow, it's already very fast so
    >> now it's going to be brilliant.

    > I'm not impressed with the change. For me it means a change of (static) IP
    > address, and if what I've read here is accurate, they'll be renoving the
    > charging differential between local and international traffic as well as
    > changing from the old, accurate, detailed usage meter to one that's as bad
    > as the one used for ADSL. I hope I'm wrong on that.

    We had the change of IP addresses and since the new plan came in we
    don't get any update data for usuage.

    SchoolTech, Jul 28, 2006
  18. The Biker

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <44c95541$>,
    says...
    > Don Hills wrote:
    > > In article <44c54ad5$>, "The Biker" <> wrote:
    > >> Just got a nice christmas email from TelstraClear telling me that during
    > >> the next month the broadband account I'm on (10gb) will double in
    > >> speed to 4Mbps at no extra charge. Wow, it's already very fast so
    > >> now it's going to be brilliant.

    > > I'm not impressed with the change. For me it means a change of (static) IP
    > > address, and if what I've read here is accurate, they'll be renoving the
    > > charging differential between local and international traffic as well as
    > > changing from the old, accurate, detailed usage meter to one that's as bad
    > > as the one used for ADSL. I hope I'm wrong on that.
    > >

    > We had the change of IP addresses and since the new plan came in we
    > don't get any update data for usuage.

    Are you not using the new usage meter?

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Jul 28, 2006
  19. The Biker

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <44c95541$>,
    SchoolTech <> wrote:

    >We had the change of IP addresses and since the new plan came in we
    >don't get any update data for usuage.

    Yeah, the old meter stopped updating the day I changed the IP address.
    Basts.

    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"

    Don Hills, Jul 28, 2006
  20. The Biker

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > In article <44c95541$>,
    > SchoolTech <> wrote:
    > >
    > >We had the change of IP addresses and since the new plan came in we
    > >don't get any update data for usuage.

    > Yeah, the old meter stopped updating the day I changed the IP address.
    > Basts.

    There is a new usage meter you have to now use. It's now via the middle
    option from the Paradise Usage page, which takes you to the TS website,
    and you have to logon using your #, then you get the new usage meter.

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Jul 28, 2006