    download, but the 10GB limit and cost will remain the same.

    Anyone able to confirm this?

    I sure hope so :)
    Stephen Williams, Feb 29, 2004

  2. "Stephen Williams" <> wrote in message
    > Not so long ago telstraclear got rid of the 128k plan, now i've heard
    > rumours they're at it again. The plan will change from 256kbps to 512kbps
    > download, but the 10GB limit and cost will remain the same.
    >
    > Anyone able to confirm this?
    >
    > I sure hope so :)

    I wouldn't mind. I don't use my 10GB anyway, so more speed with same cap
    would be great!

    --
    Mauricio Freitas
    Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
    Mauricio Freitas, Feb 29, 2004

  3. Stephen Williams

    Candice Guest

    Yes, they are releasing new plans tomorrow.

    One of them is confirmed to be the fastest mass residential offering yet

    Candice, Feb 29, 2004
  4. Stephen Williams

    IRO Guest

    In article <XKg0c.29348$>,
    "Stephen Williams" <> wrote:

    > Not so long ago telstraclear got rid of the 128k plan, now i've heard
    > rumours they're at it again. The plan will change from 256kbps to 512kbps
    > download, but the 10GB limit and cost will remain the same.
    >
    > Anyone able to confirm this?
    >
    > I sure hope so :)

    I might get excited if they would lay a line down my street. They're
    only a few blocks east of here but all cable laying has ceased. Bugger!

    ------
    ~IRO
    Why MacOSX? Because it was easier to make the dreaded
    Unix user-friendly than to try to fix Windows.
    IRO, Feb 29, 2004
  5. Stephen Williams

    Tim Guest

    *cough*

    we play like fools into their hands...

    Tim, Feb 29, 2004
  6. > *cough*

    > we play like fools into their hands...

    Wow there's a cloud to every silver lining am i right?

    I guess you know what it is, cause if this turns out to be same price with
    more speed, then I don't see any reason to complain. Not that i have any
    reason to complain anyway if things stay the same.

    Steve
    Stephen Williams, Feb 29, 2004
  7. Stephen Williams

    Tim Guest

    yeah sorry just being sarcastic..

    Do they have the option to throttle your bandwidth if you exceed your cap?

    Getting an ISP bill for several hundred dollars because you were too much of
    an idiot to check your quota kinda sucks...

    Tim, Feb 29, 2004
  8. "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > yeah sorry just being sarcastic..
    >
    > Do they have the option to throttle your bandwidth if you exceed your cap?
    >
    > Getting an ISP bill for several hundred dollars because you were too much

    of
    > an idiot to check your quota kinda sucks...

    I was under the impression that they send emails out or something

    I wouldn't know, i'm on the 256k plan and with 7 days to go in the 28 day
    billing cycle, i've used 618mb of my 10GB.

    I've heard more now, like there will be a 10MB plan for like $130 with 10GB
    download limit. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

    Steve
    Stephen Williams, Feb 29, 2004
  9. "Stephen Williams" <> wrote in message
    > Not so long ago telstraclear got rid of the 128k plan, now i've heard
    > rumours they're at it again. The plan will change from 256kbps to 512kbps
    > download, but the 10GB limit and cost will remain the same.
    >
    > Anyone able to confirm this?
    >
    > I sure hope so :)

    The plans are as follows
    2MB with 1GB cap ($40ish)
    2MB with 5GB cap ($ 5 cheaper than current 256k/10GB plan)
    10MB with 10GB cap ($140ish)

    only down side is they no longer have a slow plan with a 10GB cap, but from
    what i've heard you can keep your old plan if you want.

    Steve
    Stephen Williams, Feb 29, 2004
  10. Stephen Williams

    Tick Tock Guest

    On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 23:03:43 +1300, "Tim" <> wrote:

    >yeah sorry just being sarcastic..
    >
    >Do they have the option to throttle your bandwidth if you exceed your cap?
    >
    >Getting an ISP bill for several hundred dollars because you were too much of
    >an idiot to check your quota kinda sucks...

    No they E-mail you..

    Tick Tock, Feb 29, 2004
  11. Stephen Williams

    Tick Tock Guest

    On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 00:19:44 +1300, "Stephen Williams" <>
    wrote:

    >"Stephen Williams" <> wrote in message
    >> Not so long ago telstraclear got rid of the 128k plan, now i've heard
    >> rumours they're at it again. The plan will change from 256kbps to 512kbps
    >> download, but the 10GB limit and cost will remain the same.
    >>
    >> Anyone able to confirm this?
    >>
    >> I sure hope so :)
    >>

    >The plans are as follows
    >2MB with 1GB cap ($40ish)
    >2MB with 5GB cap ($ 5 cheaper than current 256k/10GB plan)
    >10MB with 10GB cap ($140ish)
    >
    >only down side is they no longer have a slow plan with a 10GB cap, but from
    >what i've heard you can keep your old plan if you want.
    >
    >Steve

    So were is the 512kb plan..?
    Tick Tock, Feb 29, 2004
  12. "Stephen Williams" <> wrote in message

    > "Stephen Williams" <> wrote in message
    > > Not so long ago telstraclear got rid of the 128k plan, now i've heard
    > > rumours they're at it again. The plan will change from 256kbps to

    512kbps
    > > download, but the 10GB limit and cost will remain the same.
    > >
    > > Anyone able to confirm this?
    > >
    > > I sure hope so :)
    > >

    > The plans are as follows
    > 2MB with 1GB cap ($40ish)
    > 2MB with 5GB cap ($ 5 cheaper than current 256k/10GB plan)
    > 10MB with 10GB cap ($140ish)
    >
    > only down side is they no longer have a slow plan with a 10GB cap, but

    from
    > what i've heard you can keep your old plan if you want.

    I wonder if I want to move into the 10MB plan if I'll have my com21 modem
    replaced... I've just check usage, and I the max I've used was 4.6GB
    Dec/Jan...

    Mauricio Freitas, Feb 29, 2004
  13. >
    > So were is the 512kb plan..?

    Was just a rumour, doesn't seem to have come true :(

    Steve
    Stephen Williams, Feb 29, 2004
  14. Stephen Williams

    harry Guest

    > > So were is the 512kb plan..?
    > >

    > Was just a rumour, doesn't seem to have come true :(
    >
    > Steve

    Where from ?
    harry, Feb 29, 2004
  15. >
    > Where from ?

    Some guys on an IRC chatroom who had heard about the plan change from
    someone else and were basically just speculating on what the plans would be.

    Not exactly the most reliable source of information :)

    Steve
    Stephen Williams, Feb 29, 2004
  16. Stephen Williams wrote:
    > I guess you know what it is, cause if this turns out to be same price with
    > more speed, then I don't see any reason to complain. Not that i have any
    > reason to complain anyway if things stay the same.

    They stay one step ahead of Telecom and everyone loves them... I dont
    get it.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://Dave.net.nz
    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 29, 2004
  17. Tim wrote:
    > Getting an ISP bill for several hundred dollars because you were too much of
    > an idiot to check your quota kinda sucks...

    well, if you're an idiot, then you have to pay.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://Dave.net.nz
    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 29, 2004
  18. Stephen Williams

    Tick Tock Guest

    On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 23:07:09 +1300, "Stephen Williams" <>
    wrote:

    >"Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> yeah sorry just being sarcastic..
    >>
    >> Do they have the option to throttle your bandwidth if you exceed your cap?
    >>
    >> Getting an ISP bill for several hundred dollars because you were too much

    >of
    >> an idiot to check your quota kinda sucks...
    >>

    >I was under the impression that they send emails out or something
    >
    >I wouldn't know, i'm on the 256k plan and with 7 days to go in the 28 day
    >billing cycle, i've used 618mb of my 10GB.
    >
    >I've heard more now, like there will be a 10MB plan for like $130 with 10GB
    >download limit. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.
    >
    >Steve

    Are these just for Cable as most can't get over 128 with ADSL, due to line
    restrictions.

    I tested a friends like with the Xtra line test option and that came back
    at a speed just over 128..
    Tick Tock, Feb 29, 2004
  19. Stephen Williams

    Palm Guest

    > Not so long ago telstraclear got rid of the 128k plan, now i've heard
    > rumours they're at it again. The plan will change from 256kbps to 512kbps
    > download, but the 10GB limit and cost will remain the same.
    >
    > Anyone able to confirm this?
    >
    > I sure hope so :)

    Been speaking to TC this morning getting Cable organised they have some new
    plans to offer :

    Internet
    Highspeed 1 G (2MBps) - $39.95
    Highspeed 5 G (2MBps) - $59.95
    Lightspeed 10 G (10MBps) - $139.95

    Dual packages with phone
    Talk Highspeed 1 G (2MBps) - $64.90
    Talk Highspeed 5 G (2MBps) - $84.90
    Talk Lightspeed 10 G (10MBps) - $164.90

    Triple service with phone and Saturn TV
    Triple Service Highspeed 1 G (2MBps) - $91.90
    Triple Service 5 G (2MBps) - $111.90
    Triple Service Lightspeed 10 G (10MBps) - $191.90

    Cable modem rental charge additional to above, now down to $10.95

    These aren't on website yet (was faxed through to me)
    I wanted a 10GB plan with either 256Kb or 2Mb just waiting on a callback to
    see how much that is (just a comparison the Triple Service Highspeed was
    $121.90 + $17). Will update on further info later...J
    Palm, Mar 1, 2004
  20. Stephen Williams

    colinco Guest

    In article <c1u27r$gvi$>, stinky1stinky@[nospam]
    hotmail.com says...
    > Cable modem rental charge additional to above, now down to $10.95

    Like airport taxes this fee should be included with the advertised price
    as you can't avoid using their modem.
    colinco, Mar 1, 2004