    I thought they put everyone on hold as they wanted to get use of telecom's
    lines.

    ---

    Carl Elphick, Aug 25, 2003

  2. Carl Elphick

    MarkH Guest

    "Carl Elphick" <> wrote in
    news:U9i2b.13705$:

    > Aardvark says Telstraclear is finally laying a cable network in
    > auckland? that right?
    > I thought they put everyone on hold as they wanted to get use of
    > telecom's lines.

    Contractors are laying cables in Mt Wellington, including the road I live
    on. :)

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    understand binary and those that don't"

    MarkH, Aug 25, 2003

  3. Carl Elphick

    Roger Ramjet Guest

    Nice to see the TelstraClear are laying more cable. Probably be for
    business customers though. Less capital outlay with better returns.

    I'm guessing wireless solutions and reselling Telecom will be
    TelstraClear's residential offering in Auckland. It's a shame, but how
    could you find the money to dig up an entire city like Auckland and
    get a return.

    Roger Ramjet, Aug 25, 2003
  4. Carl Elphick

    MarkH Guest

    (Roger Ramjet) wrote in

    > Nice to see the TelstraClear are laying more cable. Probably be for
    > business customers though. Less capital outlay with better returns.
    >
    > I'm guessing wireless solutions and reselling Telecom will be
    > TelstraClear's residential offering in Auckland. It's a shame, but how
    > could you find the money to dig up an entire city like Auckland and
    > get a return.

    I live on a residential street, no commercial customers at all. This
    street does not lead to any other street, only to a walkway - then to the
    Panmure basin. The only reason that I can think of for laying the cable on
    this street is to get the residents to change from Telecom to Telstra Clear
    for their phone services.

    How to get a return? Well they can get a LOT of customers in Auckland,
    about 25% of NZs population live in this area.

    MarkH, Aug 26, 2003
  5. Carl Elphick

    Carl Elphick Guest

    "MarkH" <> wrote in message
    > "Carl Elphick" <> wrote in
    >
    > > Aardvark says Telstraclear is finally laying a cable network in
    > > auckland? that right?
    > > I thought they put everyone on hold as they wanted to get use of
    > > telecom's lines.

    > Contractors are laying cables in Mt Wellington, including the road I live
    > on. :)

    Proberly the easy way to tell if they are for residentual is the big black
    bundles with black "cones" that are attached at each pole
    or Greenish knee height boxes outside each letter box pretty much, thats
    what they use around wellington!

    ---

    Carl Elphick, Aug 26, 2003