!Telstra Saturn TV in Wellington completely stuffed....

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Max Burke, Dec 7, 2004.

  1. Max Burke

    Max Burke Guest

    At 05:20pm it was due to a power failure (that had happened 2 hours earlier)
    at one of their telecom suppliers but would be fixed by 05:30pm....

    At 07:16pm (according to a supervisor because the CSO didn't know anything
    about the power failure or when it would be fixed) it was due to a failure
    their power company and they had no idea when service would be
    restored......

    Here we have a MAJOR Telco that doesn't even have backup power supplies for
    their PRIMARY product they ask customers to pay for!!!!!

    Complaint lodged about the POOR quality of service from the call centre,
    their BROKEN voice menu system that is impossible to use, cuts off
    announcements, telephone numbers and customers in mid call, and puts you
    through to a service you didn't ask for and who cant help, but would you
    like to sign up for our new telephone service (even though I'm already using
    their telephone service) and the inability of the company itself to ensure
    their customers have an uninterrupted service....

    I have had to watch FTA TV all NIGHT!!!!! ;-)

    Found Images

    Max Burke, Dec 7, 2004

  2. Max Burke

    Newsman Guest

    On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 21:59:59 +1300, "Max Burke" <>
    wrote:

    >At 05:20pm it was due to a power failure (that had happened 2 hours earlier)
    >at one of their telecom suppliers but would be fixed by 05:30pm....
    >
    >At 07:16pm (according to a supervisor because the CSO didn't know anything
    >about the power failure or when it would be fixed) it was due to a failure
    >their power company and they had no idea when service would be
    >restored......
    >
    >Here we have a MAJOR Telco that doesn't even have backup power supplies for
    >their PRIMARY product they ask customers to pay for!!!!!
    >
    >Complaint lodged about the POOR quality of service from the call centre,
    >their BROKEN voice menu system that is impossible to use, cuts off
    >announcements, telephone numbers and customers in mid call, and puts you
    >through to a service you didn't ask for and who cant help, but would you
    >like to sign up for our new telephone service (even though I'm already using
    >their telephone service) and the inability of the company itself to ensure
    >their customers have an uninterrupted service....
    >
    >I have had to watch FTA TV all NIGHT!!!!! ;-)

    Dearie me!

    Up The Valley, all is coming through loud, bright and clear.

    Newsman, Dec 7, 2004

  3. Max Burke

    BTMO Guest

    "nick" <> wrote

    >> Dearie me!
    >>
    >> Up The Valley, all is coming through loud, bright and clear.

    > Its still dead as a dodo in Island Bay.
    > Max did better than me getting through to the useless bastards on the
    > phone
    >
    > A six + hour (and counting) outage is bloody pathetic, what sort of half
    > arse two bob outfit are these bloody Australians running ?

    Yep - no worries here (Lower Hutt Valley)

    BTMO, Dec 7, 2004
  4. Max Burke

    nick Guest

    nick, Dec 7, 2004
  5. On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 21:59:59 +1300, "Max Burke" <> wrote:

    >At 05:20pm it was due to a power failure (that had happened 2 hours earlier)
    >at one of their telecom suppliers but would be fixed by 05:30pm....
    >
    >At 07:16pm (according to a supervisor because the CSO didn't know anything
    >about the power failure or when it would be fixed) it was due to a failure
    >their power company and they had no idea when service would be
    >restored......
    >
    >Here we have a MAJOR Telco that doesn't even have backup power supplies for
    >their PRIMARY product they ask customers to pay for!!!!!
    >
    >Complaint lodged about the POOR quality of service from the call centre,
    >their BROKEN voice menu system that is impossible to use, cuts off
    >announcements, telephone numbers and customers in mid call, and puts you
    >through to a service you didn't ask for and who cant help, but would you
    >like to sign up for our new telephone service (even though I'm already using
    >their telephone service) and the inability of the company itself to ensure
    >their customers have an uninterrupted service....
    >
    >I have had to watch FTA TV all NIGHT!!!!! ;-)

    Gee what a Dick head you are, you just don't have a clue and slag off a firm
    as well, well I hope the sue you..

    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 7, 2004
  6. On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 22:33:36 +1300, "nick" <> wrote:

    >Newsman wrote:
    >> On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 21:59:59 +1300, "Max Burke" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> At 05:20pm it was due to a power failure (that had happened 2 hours
    >>> earlier) at one of their telecom suppliers but would be fixed by
    >>> 05:30pm....
    >>>
    >>> At 07:16pm (according to a supervisor because the CSO didn't know
    >>> anything about the power failure or when it would be fixed) it was
    >>> due to a failure their power company and they had no idea when
    >>> service would be restored......
    >>>
    >>> Here we have a MAJOR Telco that doesn't even have backup power
    >>> supplies for their PRIMARY product they ask customers to pay
    >>> for!!!!!
    >>>
    >>> Complaint lodged about the POOR quality of service from the call
    >>> centre, their BROKEN voice menu system that is impossible to use,
    >>> cuts off announcements, telephone numbers and customers in mid call,
    >>> and puts you through to a service you didn't ask for and who cant
    >>> help, but would you like to sign up for our new telephone service
    >>> (even though I'm already using their telephone service) and the
    >>> inability of the company itself to ensure their customers have an
    >>> uninterrupted service....
    >>>
    >>> I have had to watch FTA TV all NIGHT!!!!! ;-)
    >>>

    >> Dearie me!
    >>
    >> Up The Valley, all is coming through loud, bright and clear.

    >Its still dead as a dodo in Island Bay.
    >Max did better than me getting through to the useless bastards on the phone
    >
    >A six + hour (and counting) outage is bloody pathetic, what sort of half
    >arse two bob outfit are these bloody Australians running ?

    They do not supply the Power, blame that on the Gov.

    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 7, 2004
  7. Max Burke

    nick Guest

    BTMO wrote:
    > "nick" <> wrote
    >
    >>> Dearie me!
    >>>
    >>> Up The Valley, all is coming through loud, bright and clear.

    >> Its still dead as a dodo in Island Bay.
    >> Max did better than me getting through to the useless bastards on the
    >> phone
    >>
    >> A six + hour (and counting) outage is bloody pathetic, what sort of
    >> half arse two bob outfit are these bloody Australians running ?

    > Yep - no worries here (Lower Hutt Valley)

    And now they will have the cheek to charge me $2.50 per hour on top of my
    bill to use dialup while their cable is broken.

    Be warned, if it breaks in your part of town this is the sort of service you
    can expect.

    nick, Dec 7, 2004
  8. nick said the following on 7/12/2004 10:43 p.m.:
    > Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
    >
    >>On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 21:59:59 +1300, "Max Burke"
    >><> wrote:
    >>

    >>>At 05:20pm it was due to a power failure (that had happened 2 hours
    >>>earlier) at one of their telecom suppliers but would be fixed by
    >>>05:30pm....
    >>>
    >>>At 07:16pm (according to a supervisor because the CSO didn't know
    >>>anything about the power failure or when it would be fixed) it was
    >>>due to a failure their power company and they had no idea when
    >>>service would be restored......
    >>>
    >>>Here we have a MAJOR Telco that doesn't even have backup power
    >>>supplies for their PRIMARY product they ask customers to pay
    >>>for!!!!!
    >>>
    >>>Complaint lodged about the POOR quality of service from the call
    >>>centre, their BROKEN voice menu system that is impossible to use,
    >>>cuts off announcements, telephone numbers and customers in mid call,
    >>>and puts you through to a service you didn't ask for and who cant
    >>>help, but would you like to sign up for our new telephone service
    >>>(even though I'm already using their telephone service) and the
    >>>inability of the company itself to ensure their customers have an
    >>>uninterrupted service....
    >>>
    >>>I have had to watch FTA TV all NIGHT!!!!! ;-)

    >>Gee what a Dick head you are, you just don't have a clue and slag
    >>off a firm as well, well I hope the sue you..

    > Its all true, they can't communicate with their customers and the bloody
    > thing has been broken since four thirty this afternoon.
    > Thats just absolutely bloody ridiculous mate.

    What is really ridiculous is your posting this to three groups without
    creating a follow up to one group. It is just mindless drivel when you
    do that since it becomes a collection of separated posts

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    his toes.

    Collector»NZ, Dec 7, 2004
  9. Max Burke

    nick Guest

    nick, Dec 7, 2004
  10. Max Burke

    BTMO Guest

    "nick" <> wrote

    >> Yep - no worries here (Lower Hutt Valley)

    > And now they will have the cheek to charge me $2.50 per hour on top of my
    > bill to use dialup while their cable is broken.
    >
    > Be warned, if it breaks in your part of town this is the sort of service
    > you
    > can expect.

    Well, you can say what you like about Telecom, but they *do* have honking
    great huge back up generators...

    I have seen them (and I hear them test run in our building at least once a
    week)

    Cheers,

    Brenton

    BTMO, Dec 7, 2004
  11. Max Burke

    nick Guest

    Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
    > On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 22:33:36 +1300, "nick" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Newsman wrote:

    >>> Dearie me!
    >>>
    >>> Up The Valley, all is coming through loud, bright and clear.

    >> Its still dead as a dodo in Island Bay.
    >> Max did better than me getting through to the useless bastards on
    >> the phone
    >>
    >> A six + hour (and counting) outage is bloody pathetic, what sort of
    >> half arse two bob outfit are these bloody Australians running ?
    >>

    > They do not supply the Power, blame that on the Gov.

    Who said anything about power you stupid old git, its the cable thats not
    working

    nick, Dec 7, 2004
  12. nick said the following on 7/12/2004 10:54 p.m.:
    > Collector»NZ wrote:
    >
    >>nick said the following on 7/12/2004 10:43 p.m.:

    >>>Its all true, they can't communicate with their customers and the
    >>>bloody thing has been broken since four thirty this afternoon.
    >>>Thats just absolutely bloody ridiculous mate.
    >>>

    >>What is really ridiculous is your posting this to three groups without
    >>creating a follow up to one group. It is just mindless drivel when you
    >>do that since it becomes a collection of separated posts

    > Blame the OP, I'm just responding

    My humble nick
    Yes i was aiming badly, sorry

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    his toes.

    Collector»NZ, Dec 7, 2004
  13. Max Burke

    nick Guest

    nick, Dec 7, 2004
  14. Max Burke

    Max Burke Guest

    > nick wrote:
    > Its still dead as a dodo in Island Bay.
    > Max did better than me getting through to the useless bastards on the
    > phone
    > A six + hour (and counting) outage is bloody pathetic, what sort of
    > half arse two bob outfit are these bloody Australians running ?

    10:45pm and they still have no idea when service will be restored....

    Call to head office tomorrow followed up by a letter about the Call staff
    attitudes from the cso's right up to their supervisor.

    Found Images

    Max Burke, Dec 7, 2004
  15. On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 22:51:06 +1300, "nick" <> wrote:

    >Aspiringpsychopath wrote:

    >>> Its still dead as a dodo in Island Bay.
    >>> Max did better than me getting through to the useless bastards on
    >>> the phone
    >>>
    >>> A six + hour (and counting) outage is bloody pathetic, what sort of
    >>> half arse two bob outfit are these bloody Australians running ?
    >>>

    >> They do not supply the Power, blame that on the Gov.

    >Who said anything about power you stupid old git, its the cable thats not
    >working

    And what drives the Cable repeaters and street driver boxes..?

    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 7, 2004
  16. Max Burke

    nick Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:

    > My humble nick
    > Yes i was aiming badly, sorry

    Nah, I would have trimmed the groups if I noticed
    I got through on the phone and the helpdesk says it won' t be fixed till the
    morning.
    :-(
    The cable modem works great, but they have had long outages before and they
    really appear to have no contingency plans when something breaks.
    Its worth bearing in mind if you are considering using telstra cable

    nick, Dec 7, 2004
  17. Max Burke

    nick Guest

    Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
    > On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 22:51:06 +1300, "nick" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Aspiringpsychopath wrote:

    >>> They do not supply the Power, blame that on the Gov.

    >> Who said anything about power you stupid old git, its the cable
    >> thats not working
    >>

    > And what drives the Cable repeaters and street driver boxes..?

    Are you terminally bewildered for gods sake man.
    The power is all on, its some other fault.

    nick, Dec 7, 2004
  18. On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 23:32:01 +1300, "nick" <> wrote:

    >Aspiringpsychopath wrote:
    >> On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 22:51:06 +1300, "nick" <> wrote:

    >> And what drives the Cable repeaters and street driver boxes..?

    >Are you terminally bewildered for gods sake man.
    >The power is all on, its some other fault.

    The cable went down in Island Bay at 15:58:37 (or thereabouts) which
    coincided with a major power disturbance (not a complete outage) which
    caused at least one local business to have computers crash. The power
    came right again fairly quickly but telstras cable didn't come up
    again until 23:10:47 (or thereabouts).

    --
    Regards
    Malcolm

    Malcolm Moore, Dec 7, 2004
  19. Max Burke

    Paul Guest

    Max Burke wrote:
    > At 05:20pm it was due to a power failure (that had happened 2 hours
    > earlier)
    > at one of their telecom suppliers but would be fixed by 05:30pm....
    >
    > At 07:16pm (according to a supervisor because the CSO didn't know anything
    > about the power failure or when it would be fixed) it was due to a failure
    > their power company and they had no idea when service would be
    > restored......
    >
    > Here we have a MAJOR Telco that doesn't even have backup power supplies
    > for
    > their PRIMARY product they ask customers to pay for!!!!!
    >
    > Complaint lodged about the POOR quality of service from the call centre,
    > their BROKEN voice menu system that is impossible to use, cuts off
    > announcements, telephone numbers and customers in mid call, and puts you
    > through to a service you didn't ask for and who cant help, but would you
    > like to sign up for our new telephone service (even though I'm already
    > using
    > their telephone service) and the inability of the company itself to ensure
    > their customers have an uninterrupted service....
    >
    > I have had to watch FTA TV all NIGHT!!!!! ;-)

    Go outside, get a life outside the 4 walls.

    One would think YOU would've had a back up life for such occasions.

    Paul

    Paul, Dec 7, 2004
  20. Max Burke wrote:
    > Here we have a MAJOR Telco that doesn't even have backup power supplies
    > for
    > their PRIMARY product they ask customers to pay for!!!!!

    I could be wrong, but wouldn't their primary product be Telephone
    service, or Internet?

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 7, 2004