    I expect to see ARPs, but I didn't really expect to see the Paradise router
    ARPing on behalf of all the connected networks, and the only reason I can
    think of for that, is that the router has got proxy arp enabled.

    tutaepaki, Aug 12, 2004

  2. It's not proxy arping, they are valid ARP requests for all the logical
    networks that bertha is a gateway for on that particular interface. There
    is an application that is usually running that responds to repeated ARP
    requests, thus fooling bertha into populating its ARP cache for IP
    addresses that aren't being used. This means bertha does not generate an
    ARP request for each packet it receives for an unused IP address. However,
    this application is currently switched off due to some technical problems.
    This should be fixed soon.

    Nigel Roberts, Aug 13, 2004

  3. This is fixed now.

    Nigel Roberts, Aug 13, 2004
  4. Nigel Roberts wrote:
    > This is fixed now.

    Thanks for taking the time to explain it here. Its a rare occurance
    these days :)

    /Bruce

    Bruce Fitzsimons, Aug 13, 2004
  5. tutaepaki