Telstra Hires Akill

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 25, 2009.

  1. <http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2976>

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 25, 2009

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Richard Guest

    Puddle wrote:
    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >> <http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2976>
    >>

    > Crime pays.

    Better telstra clear pays him then another malware developer.

    Richard, Mar 25, 2009

  3. In message <gqc1fu$e9s$>, Richard wrote:

    > Puddle wrote:
    >
    >> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >>
    >>> <http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2976>
    >>>

    >> Crime pays.

    > Better telstra clear pays him then another malware developer.

    On one hand, I was thinking the same thing. On the other hand, how come this
    sort of reasoning doesn't apply to other sorts of crime as well?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 25, 2009
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Your Name Guest

    "Puddle" <> wrote in message
    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > >> Better telstra clear pays him then another malware developer.

    > > On one hand, I was thinking the same thing. On the other hand, how come

    this
    > > sort of reasoning doesn't apply to other sorts of crime as well?
    > >

    > Doesn't this just encourage more people to try and become well known
    > "hackers" or bot/virus writers, whatever they want to call themselves.

    Of course it does. Obviously "crime pays".

    The idiot should be sitting in a jail cell ... or at the very least having
    ALL his earnings sent to the people they caused problems for.

    > It seems really unfortunate we live in a society that rewards someone
    > that caused a lot of damage, where is the justice?

    Criminals have more rights than the rest of society. Useless celebrities get
    over-paid way more than useful members of society. Managers who run
    companies into the ground still get massive bonuses and golden handshakes,
    while the real workers get thrown onto the street. Bimbos like Paris Hilton
    become "role models" for millions of young girls. ... and the list goes on
    and on. :-(

    Your Name, Mar 25, 2009
  5. They've denied hiring him for anything more than a couple of speaking
    engagements
    <http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9130620&intsrc=news_list>.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 30, 2009