    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 24, 2005

  2. On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:40:19 +1300, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Just an FYI for anyone having issues... or latency problems.
    >
    > It appears that all Telstra traffic is going via Oz... well, most of it
    > anyway, so domestic is no longer domestic, it's international.

    does that mean any sites hosted on Telstra come back saying...
    mate.. we had a 404 mate
    just sit there mate while shirl throws a shrimp on the barbie will ya mate?
    oh and chucks us a 4X will ya mate?

    Shane (aka froggy), Feb 24, 2005

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    steve Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Just an FYI for anyone having issues... or latency problems.
    >
    > It appears that all Telstra traffic is going via Oz... well, most of it
    > anyway, so domestic is no longer domestic, it's international.

    Silly buggers.

    steve, Feb 24, 2005
  4. steve wrote:
    >> Just an FYI for anyone having issues... or latency problems.
    >> It appears that all Telstra traffic is going via Oz... well, most of
    >> it anyway, so domestic is no longer domestic, it's international.

    > Silly buggers.

    yep, so long 1/10 national bandwidth

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 24, 2005
  5. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Crash Guest

    Shane (aka froggy) wrote:
    > On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:40:19 +1300, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >
    >> Just an FYI for anyone having issues... or latency problems.
    >>
    >> It appears that all Telstra traffic is going via Oz... well, most of
    >> it anyway, so domestic is no longer domestic, it's international.

    > does that mean any sites hosted on Telstra come back saying...
    > mate.. we had a 404 mate
    > just sit there mate while shirl throws a shrimp on the barbie will ya
    > mate? oh and chucks us a 4X will ya mate?

    Na they spell 'shrimp' as 'prawn'...

    Crash

    Crash, Feb 24, 2005
  6. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Benji Thorn Guest

    Telstra bastards, nothing in there terms or conditions has mentioned
    this, is this legal? can someone confirm this is happeneing???

    Benji Thorn, Feb 24, 2005
  7. Benji Thorn wrote:
    >> Just an FYI for anyone having issues... or latency problems.
    >> It appears that all Telstra traffic is going via Oz... well, most of
    >> it anyway, so domestic is no longer domestic, it's international.

    > Telstra bastards, nothing in there terms or conditions has mentioned
    > this, is this legal? can someone confirm this is happeneing???

    Im sure one of the tech sites should have it covered...
    here is the inital stuff from last year.
    http://idg.net.nz/news.nsf/UNID/0088AA479DC43AC6CC256F4600113063?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,peering

    but it all ended yesterday.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 24, 2005
  8. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Benji Thorn wrote:
    >
    >>> Just an FYI for anyone having issues... or latency problems.
    >>> It appears that all Telstra traffic is going via Oz... well, most of
    >>> it anyway, so domestic is no longer domestic, it's international.

    > > Telstra bastards,

    Your've got that right
    nothing in there terms or conditions has mentioned
    > > this, is this legal? can someone confirm this is happeneing???

    > Im sure one of the tech sites should have it covered...
    > here is the inital stuff from last year.
    > http://idg.net.nz/news.nsf/UNID/0088AA479DC43AC6CC256F4600113063?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,peering
    >

    > but it all ended yesterday.

    I wondered why my comms to citylink got shitty. traceroute reveals the
    link to it indeed exits and reenters nz, a mere 18 hops and bloody slow
    at that. I live 20kms away form Citylink fibre. Thankfully all the
    hops to debian.co.nz are nz ones.

    What the hell are you doing Telstra? Are you listening?

    Ah, That feels better.

    Graeme Woollett, Feb 25, 2005