    connected when I wasn't. Is it just me <looking over shoulder> or are others
    getting the same sort of thing?

    Jonno

    Jonno, Feb 27, 2006

  2. Jonno

    Bruce Hoult Guest

    In article <44026b27$>, "Jonno" <>
    wrote:

    > Hmmm seems to me that the said usage meter is still not right. Anyone else
    > checked and not had usage recorded on Sunday (26 Feb)? They appear to have
    > added a big wack of usage at about 8.00am today and then it says I was
    > connected when I wasn't. Is it just me <looking over shoulder> or are others
    > getting the same sort of thing?

    Yep. Not a thing on Sunday, shitloads before I woke up this morning.

    "25-Feb-2006 13:02:25", 29178, 42299, 71477, 0.027, 0.04, 0.068
    "27-Feb-2006 08:47:25", 74485604, 397400316, 471885920, 71.035, 378.99,
    450.025

    --
    Bruce | 41.1670S | \ spoken | -+-

    Bruce Hoult, Feb 27, 2006

  3. Jonno

    Ross Dawson Guest

    On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:59:52 +1300, "Jonno" <>
    wrote:

    >Hmmm seems to me that the said usage meter is still not right. Anyone else
    >checked and not had usage recorded on Sunday (26 Feb)? They appear to have
    >added a big wack of usage at about 8.00am today and then it says I was
    >connected when I wasn't. Is it just me <looking over shoulder> or are others
    >getting the same sort of thing?
    >
    >Jonno

    Yep it was out from around 13:00 on Saturday until around 08:4? on
    Monday morning.

    Same problem as the week before where it was out for somewhat longer.

    If you really want to see what and what isn't happening with the
    useage meter download the comma delimeted file and look for the gaps
    in measurement. I import it directly into xcell or open office, it
    works a treat, and certainly contains a lot of information.

    It's a pity that amongst that information they don't include where to
    and from the data came went as in their old useage meter, which unlike
    the new one faild infrequently, was more up to date, and gave more
    usefull information. I guess that's the price of progress.

    --
    Cheers for now

    Ross Dawson.

    Ross Dawson, Feb 28, 2006
  4. Ross Dawson wrote:

    > On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:59:52 +1300, "Jonno" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Hmmm seems to me that the said usage meter is still not right. Anyone else
    > >checked and not had usage recorded on Sunday (26 Feb)? They appear to have
    > >added a big wack of usage at about 8.00am today and then it says I was
    > >connected when I wasn't. Is it just me <looking over shoulder> or are others
    > >getting the same sort of thing?
    > >
    > >Jonno
    > >

    > Yep it was out from around 13:00 on Saturday until around 08:4? on
    > Monday morning.
    >
    > Same problem as the week before where it was out for somewhat longer.
    >
    > If you really want to see what and what isn't happening with the
    > useage meter download the comma delimeted file and look for the gaps
    > in measurement. I import it directly into xcell or open office, it
    > works a treat, and certainly contains a lot of information.
    >
    > It's a pity that amongst that information they don't include where to
    > and from the data came went as in their old useage meter, which unlike
    > the new one faild infrequently, was more up to date, and gave more
    > usefull information. I guess that's the price of progress.

    Can someone point me to where this usage meter is at?

    Is this different than
    https://www.paradise.net.nz/cgi-bin/members/usage/show-volume-usage

    Cheers
    Nathan

    Nathan Mercer, Feb 28, 2006
  5. Jonno

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Dave Taylor, Feb 28, 2006
  6. Jonno

    Jonno Guest

    https://www.telstraclear.co.nz/usagemeter/index.cfm?s=p

    Jonno, Feb 28, 2006
  7. Dave Taylor wrote:

    > "Nathan Mercer" <> wrote in news:1141116720.041728.297390
    > @t39g2000cwt.googlegroups.com:
    >
    > > Is this different than
    > > https://www.paradise.net.nz/cgi-bin/members/usage/show-volume-usage
    > >

    > Yup, new plans, new meter.
    >
    > https://www.telstraclear.co.nz/usagemeter/index.cfm?s=p
    >
    > When I moved from the 2M plan to the 10, my meter moved too.

    OK thanks, looks like I'm still on the old better plans

    The new plans - I presume this is part of the downgrade where they take
    away the 1/10th split for national traffic and force you to pay
    homephone line tax if you still want their cable service?

    Cheers
    Nathan

    Nathan Mercer, Feb 28, 2006
  8. Jonno

    Bruce Hoult Guest

    In article <>,
    "Nathan Mercer" <> wrote:

    > The new plans - I presume this is part of the downgrade where they take
    > away the 1/10th split for national traffic and force you to pay
    > homephone line tax if you still want their cable service?

    Yes, but you do get twice the traffic, and excess traffic half GB blocks
    are half the price. So it's worth shifting if you're using 7 GB or more
    of international traffic (and not much NZ) on an old 5 GB acccount, even
    if you don't want/need a phone.

    --
    Bruce | 41.1670S | \ spoken | -+-

    Bruce Hoult, Feb 28, 2006
  9. Jonno

    Jonno Guest

    "Ross Dawson" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:59:52 +1300, "Jonno" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hmmm seems to me that the said usage meter is still not right. Anyone else
    >>checked and not had usage recorded on Sunday (26 Feb)? They appear to have
    >>added a big wack of usage at about 8.00am today and then it says I was
    >>connected when I wasn't. Is it just me <looking over shoulder> or are
    >>others
    >>getting the same sort of thing?
    >>
    >>Jonno
    >>

    > Yep it was out from around 13:00 on Saturday until around 08:4? on
    > Monday morning.
    >
    > Same problem as the week before where it was out for somewhat longer.
    >
    > If you really want to see what and what isn't happening with the
    > useage meter download the comma delimeted file and look for the gaps
    > in measurement. I import it directly into xcell or open office, it
    > works a treat, and certainly contains a lot of information.
    >
    > It's a pity that amongst that information they don't include where to
    > and from the data came went as in their old useage meter, which unlike
    > the new one faild infrequently, was more up to date, and gave more
    > usefull information. I guess that's the price of progress.

    Yes I do use it Ross. Usually save it as well just in case there are any
    arguments with T/C.

    Jonno

    Jonno, Feb 28, 2006
  10. Jonno

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Nathan Mercer" <> wrote in news:1141119455.538477.252650
    @j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > OK thanks, looks like I'm still on the old better plans

    Downgrade/ upgrade?
    Almost all my traffic was international, and it was a real pain to limit
    myself to 5 gigs.
    I considered it an upgrade and saved money.

    On the other hand, if I had known about Actrix before I had signed up for
    the full meal deal at TC, it would be a different story. The costs to me
    as a consumer, for moving ISPs, are keeping me from moving, and you can
    quote me on that.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Feb 28, 2006
  11. Jonno

    Ross Dawson Guest

    On 28 Feb 2006 01:37:35 -0800, "Nathan Mercer" <>
    wrote:

    >Dave Taylor wrote:
    >
    >> "Nathan Mercer" <> wrote in news:1141116720.041728.297390
    >> @t39g2000cwt.googlegroups.com:
    >>
    >> > Is this different than
    >> > https://www.paradise.net.nz/cgi-bin/members/usage/show-volume-usage
    >> >

    >> Yup, new plans, new meter.
    >>
    >> https://www.telstraclear.co.nz/usagemeter/index.cfm?s=p
    >>
    >> When I moved from the 2M plan to the 10, my meter moved too.

    >OK thanks, looks like I'm still on the old better plans
    >
    >The new plans - I presume this is part of the downgrade where they take
    >away the 1/10th split for national traffic and force you to pay
    >homephone line tax if you still want their cable service?
    >
    >Cheers
    >Nathan

    Yep there so called improved more competitive plans LMFAO :)

    If I had the opportunity I would downgrade and go back to what I had.

    --
    Cheers for now

    Ross Dawson.

    Ross Dawson, Feb 28, 2006
  12. Jonno

    Ross Dawson Guest

    On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 22:42:19 +1300, Bruce Hoult <>
    wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > "Nathan Mercer" <> wrote:
    >
    >> The new plans - I presume this is part of the downgrade where they take
    >> away the 1/10th split for national traffic and force you to pay
    >> homephone line tax if you still want their cable service?

    >Yes, but you do get twice the traffic, and excess traffic half GB blocks
    >are half the price. So it's worth shifting if you're using 7 GB or more
    >of international traffic (and not much NZ) on an old 5 GB acccount, even
    >if you don't want/need a phone.

    I was on the 256/128 10GB plan with the 10/1 split for national
    traffic. This worked really well for my useage pattern, the new plan
    however doesn't work very well at all for me, in my case the split was
    something like 60% international 40% national, so the 10/1 split was
    very usefull indeed.

    --
    Cheers for now

    Ross Dawson.

    Ross Dawson, Feb 28, 2006
  13. Jonno

    Ross Dawson Guest

    On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 22:44:01 +1300, "Jonno" <>
    wrote:

    >"Ross Dawson" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:59:52 +1300, "Jonno" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hmmm seems to me that the said usage meter is still not right. Anyone else
    >>>checked and not had usage recorded on Sunday (26 Feb)? They appear to have
    >>>added a big wack of usage at about 8.00am today and then it says I was
    >>>connected when I wasn't. Is it just me <looking over shoulder> or are
    >>>others
    >>>getting the same sort of thing?
    >>>
    >>>Jonno
    >>>

    >> Yep it was out from around 13:00 on Saturday until around 08:4? on
    >> Monday morning.
    >>
    >> Same problem as the week before where it was out for somewhat longer.
    >>
    >> If you really want to see what and what isn't happening with the
    >> useage meter download the comma delimeted file and look for the gaps
    >> in measurement. I import it directly into xcell or open office, it
    >> works a treat, and certainly contains a lot of information.
    >>
    >> It's a pity that amongst that information they don't include where to
    >> and from the data came went as in their old useage meter, which unlike
    >> the new one faild infrequently, was more up to date, and gave more
    >> usefull information. I guess that's the price of progress.
    >>

    >Yes I do use it Ross. Usually save it as well just in case there are any
    >arguments with T/C.
    >
    >Jonno

    Same here, and I do feel an argument comeing on :)

    --
    Cheers for now

    Ross Dawson.

    Ross Dawson, Feb 28, 2006
  14. Jonno

    > On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 22:44:01 +1300, "Jonno" <>
    > wrote:
    >>> If you really want to see what and what isn't happening with the
    >>> useage meter download the comma delimeted file and look for the gaps
    >>> in measurement. I import it directly into xcell or open office, it
    >>> works a treat, and certainly contains a lot of information.
    >>>
    >>> It's a pity that amongst that information they don't include where to
    >>> and from the data came went as in their old useage meter, which unlike
    >>> the new one faild infrequently, was more up to date, and gave more
    >>> usefull information. I guess that's the price of progress.
    >>>

    >>Yes I do use it Ross. Usually save it as well just in case there are any
    >>arguments with T/C.
    >>
    >>Jonno
    >>

    > Same here, and I do feel an argument comeing on :)

    The big question is will the usage meter make it to the end of the month
    without a(nother) major stuff up?
    Incidentally does everybody's new month start on the same date (ie 21st of
    the month) or do they have staggered dates?

    Jonno

    Jonno, Mar 3, 2006
  15. Jonno

    Bruce Hoult Guest

    In article <440804e8$>, "Jonno" <>
    wrote:

    > Incidentally does everybody's new month start on the same date (ie 21st of
    > the month) or do they have staggered dates?

    10th for me.

    --
    Bruce | 41.1670S | \ spoken | -+-

    Bruce Hoult, Mar 3, 2006
  16. Jonno

    Jonno Guest

    "Bruce Hoult" <> wrote in message
    > In article <440804e8$>, "Jonno" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Incidentally does everybody's new month start on the same date (ie 21st
    >> of
    >> the month) or do they have staggered dates?

    > 10th for me.

    Guess that answers that question :)

    Jonno

    Jonno, Mar 3, 2006
  17. Jonno

    Ross Dawson Guest

    On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 21:57:13 +1300, "Jonno" <>
    wrote:

    >"Ross Dawson" <> wrote in message

    >>>Yes I do use it Ross. Usually save it as well just in case there are any
    >>>arguments with T/C.
    >>>
    >>>Jonno
    >>>

    >> Same here, and I do feel an argument comeing on :)
    >>

    >The big question is will the usage meter make it to the end of the month
    >without a(nother) major stuff up?
    >Incidentally does everybody's new month start on the same date (ie 21st of
    >the month) or do they have staggered dates?
    >
    >Jonno

    16th end 17th start.

    --
    Cheers for now