Telstra clear very very bleedy mean and it continues on

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by rayc, Aug 19, 2010.

  1. rayc

    rayc Guest

    18 months ago my best mate was paying xtra for a 256 k broadband account
    and he suddenly was given an unlimited both ways speed increase .

    on query was told we are unlimiting all our accounts, only a data cap
    applies.

    6-8 months ago both my sons signed up with Vodafone broadband and phones
    and got full unlimited speed downloads.

    last week they got full upload speed and a doubling of the data cap for no
    extra cost at all.

    when I queried paradise.net.nz I was told you are paying for 256 k and that
    is what we are providing.

    When told the two stories to the rep all she could say that is that is the
    choices you make.. we need to make a profit for our company.

    After telling them you have never given me anything for free in the last 5
    years I was
    told if you are not happy move else where.

    I moved to Vodafone after all my time with RIP OFF TELSTRA CLEAR

    rayc, Aug 19, 2010

  2. On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 17:55:09 +1200, "rayc" <>
    wrote:

    >18 months ago my best mate was paying xtra for a 256 k broadband account
    >and he suddenly was given an unlimited both ways speed increase .
    >
    >on query was told we are unlimiting all our accounts, only a data cap
    >applies.
    >
    >6-8 months ago both my sons signed up with Vodafone broadband and phones
    >and got full unlimited speed downloads.
    >
    >last week they got full upload speed and a doubling of the data cap for no
    >extra cost at all.
    >
    >when I queried paradise.net.nz I was told you are paying for 256 k and that
    >is what we are providing.
    >
    >When told the two stories to the rep all she could say that is that is the
    >choices you make.. we need to make a profit for our company.
    >
    >After telling them you have never given me anything for free in the last 5
    >years I was
    >told if you are not happy move else where.
    >
    >I moved to Vodafone after all my time with RIP OFF TELSTRA CLEAR

    Some one has given you a whole lot of BULL, its far better to check
    facts first before you rant about a ISP again.

    Your Article just refers to Xtra so were does TELSTRA CLEAR come in.

    William Brown, Aug 19, 2010

  3. rayc

    Donchano Guest

    On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 18:47:06 +1200, William Brown <>
    shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >Some one has given you a whole lot of BULL, its far better to check
    >facts first before you rant about a ISP again.

    Judging from the appalling English, the skewed logic and the header,
    could Woger have shifted to yet another sockpuppet?

    Donchano, Aug 19, 2010
  4. rayc

    Squiggle Guest

    On 19/08/2010 6:59 p.m., Donchano threw some characters down the intarwebs:

    > On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 18:47:06 +1200, William Brown <>
    > shouted from the highest rooftop:
    >
    >> Some one has given you a whole lot of BULL, its far better to check
    >> facts first before you rant about a ISP again.

    > Judging from the appalling English, the skewed logic and the header,
    > could Woger have shifted to yet another sockpuppet?

    Judging by the GRAMMA and the x-no-archive...yes. Has he broken the 1000
    mark yet?

    Squiggle, Aug 19, 2010
  5. rayc

    John Little Guest

    > Judging from the appalling English, the skewed logic and the header,
    > could Woger have shifted to yet another sockpuppet?

    I'm surprised you see any point in asking. Kinda has a nz.comp noob
    feel to it ;)

    John Little, Aug 19, 2010
  6. rayc

    Gordon Guest

    On 2010-08-19, rayc <> wrote:
    > 18 months ago my best mate was paying xtra for a 256 k broadband account
    > and he suddenly was given an unlimited both ways speed increase .
    >
    > on query was told we are unlimiting all our accounts, only a data cap
    > applies.
    >
    > 6-8 months ago both my sons signed up with Vodafone broadband and phones
    > and got full unlimited speed downloads.
    >
    > last week they got full upload speed and a doubling of the data cap for no
    > extra cost at all.
    >
    > when I queried paradise.net.nz I was told you are paying for 256 k and that
    > is what we are providing.
    >
    > When told the two stories to the rep all she could say that is that is the
    > choices you make.. we need to make a profit for our company.
    >
    > years I was
    > told if you are not happy move else where.
    >
    > I moved to Vodafone after all my time with RIP OFF TELSTRA CLEAR

    Churn Baby, Churn. That is all the suppliers understand. Capitalism requires
    us to Churn, churn if we are not happy with our suppliers.

    Always check, regularly if one is on the best deal

    Gordon, Aug 21, 2010
  7. rayc

    Gordon Guest

    On 2010-08-19, Anony Mouse <> wrote:

    > Down with TCF and bring on regulation I say...

    Careful what you wish for, you may get it.

    What is needed is real world competition.

    > I have an Inspire Net Full speed(1Mbs)/128 (That is max for my exchange)
    > static ip and 20 gig capped for $57.
    >
    > I changed Phone and DSL at the same time in June... Phone went to
    > Telstra from Telecom and DSL from Xtra to Inspire but...
    >
    > The phone changed and the DSL was cut off.
    >
    > Telstra came to the party with a temp free no contract account and I had
    > to threaten Telecom wholesale with legal action before they pulled
    > finger... A month, July, later I was connected to Inspire.
    >
    > Inspire seems to be very good and I have rDNS set on my static ip and my
    > web site and mail server are up...
    >
    > bencom.co.nz
    >
    > If you are clever enough to run a Linux gateway this is the future of
    > the Internet.

    Please tell us more.

    > Thanks Inspire for their patience in what was a very trying change
    > over... Telescum made the process as difficult as they could and I spent
    > at least 5 hours on the phone getting no where...
    >
    > Tip: Telescum wholesale lists a phone number on their web site for their
    > legal council... Call it and ask them for their address for service.
    >
    > On top of other ISP troubles Telescum refusing to own up to the trouble
    > they caused was very frustrating...
    >
    > http://zlspam.blogspot.com

    In short, the problem is one of not being able to churn, switch easily. This
    is what we need to push for.

    Then again if 68% of Xtra's customers went else where tomorrow, could the
    retailer ISP's cope? No excuse not to do it though eh

    Gordon, Aug 21, 2010
  8. rayc

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 08:27:56 +1200, Anony Mouse wrote:

    > I am no expert, I am a back room tech with an interest in Internet
    > governance, but it seems what is going on is not in the best interests
    > of the consumer.

    The majority of commerce is not done for "the best interests of the
    consumer" - it is done for the sole purpose of making a profit.

    They:
    1/ sell the cheapest product or poorest service they can get away with
    2/ they charge the highest price they can get away with
    3/ they pay the lowest wages they can get away with
    4/ they avoid paying for anything that they absolutely don't need to pay.

    While it is indeed good business practise to keep costs down there are
    some costs that are essential if the business is to have good relations
    with both its staff and with its customers. Bad businesses do not care
    about either.

    Sweetpea, Aug 22, 2010
  9. rayc

    BigglesZZzzz Guest

    On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 05:48:01 +0000, Gordon wrote:

    >> I moved to Vodafone after all my time with RIP OFF TELSTRA CLEAR
    >>

    > Churn Baby, Churn. That is all the suppliers understand. Capitalism
    > requires us to Churn, churn if we are not happy with our suppliers.
    >
    > Always check, regularly if one is on the best deal

    Doing more of your astroturf'ng Mzpenguin.

    Biggless.

    BigglesZZzzz, Aug 26, 2010