  1. Squiggle

    Squiggle Guest

    Topic says it all..
    Squiggle, Dec 4, 2011

  2. Squiggle

    Squiggle Guest

    Re: Telstra clear unmetered + bad weather = you tube unwatchable..(NT)

    On 4/12/2011 8:31 p.m., EMB threw some characters down the intarwebs:
    > On 4/12/2011 2:16 p.m., Squiggle wrote:
    >> Topic says it all..

    > And you're surprised enough to bother posting about this quite why? Lack
    > of international bandwidth, especially on the part of Telstraclear isn't
    > exactly a surprise!

    I haven't really had a problem with them in that regard, I've leeched
    Linux isos via torrents or direct downloads several times recently, and
    every time I've had sustained line speed transfers.
    Squiggle, Dec 4, 2011

  3. Squiggle

    Your Name Guest

    In article <jbf7k2$33n$>, EMB <> wrote:

    > On 4/12/2011 2:16 p.m., Squiggle wrote:
    > > Topic says it all..

    > And you're surprised enough to bother posting about this quite why?
    > Lack of international bandwidth, especially on the part of Telstraclear
    > isn't exactly a surprise!

    The real problem is that TelstraClear doesn't have its own international
    bandwidth ... it uses the same single cable connection to the outside
    world as every other ISP in the country thanks to Telecom's current
    on-going infrastructure monopoly, one that's only increasing thanks to
    Government giving them the contract for much of the fibre roll-out as
    well. :-(
    Your Name, Dec 4, 2011
  4. Re: Telstra clear unmetered + bad weather = you tube unwatchable.. (NT)

    On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 09:20:47 +1300, (Your Name)
    wrote:

    >In article <jbf7k2$33n$>, EMB <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 4/12/2011 2:16 p.m., Squiggle wrote:
    >> > Topic says it all..

    >> And you're surprised enough to bother posting about this quite why?
    >> Lack of international bandwidth, especially on the part of Telstraclear
    >> isn't exactly a surprise!

    >The real problem is that TelstraClear doesn't have its own international
    >bandwidth ... it uses the same single cable connection to the outside
    >world as every other ISP in the country thanks to Telecom's current
    >on-going infrastructure monopoly, one that's only increasing thanks to
    >Government giving them the contract for much of the fibre roll-out as
    >well. :-(

    My understanding is that the Southern Cross fibre is not at capacity.
    ISPs buy fixed bandwidth on that cable, and Southern Cross only sell
    fixed bandwidth. So there is no contention between the various ISPs.
    So any slowdown on international bandwidth is the ISPs fault, not the
    cable. The reason that ISPs do not buy enough bandwidth is the cost -
    until there is a competitor cable (coming, according to news reports),
    Southern Cross are charging much more than most international cables
    do now, so ISPs buy as little bandwidth as they can get away with.
    Stephen Worthington, Dec 5, 2011
  5. Squiggle

    Your Name Guest

    Re: Telstra clear unmetered + bad weather = you tube unwatchable.. (NT)

    In article <>, Stephen
    Worthington <34.nz56.remove_numbers> wrote:

    > On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 09:20:47 +1300, (Your Name)
    > wrote:

    > >> And you're surprised enough to bother posting about this quite why?
    > >> Lack of international bandwidth, especially on the part of Telstraclear
    > >> isn't exactly a surprise!

    > >The real problem is that TelstraClear doesn't have its own international
    > >bandwidth ... it uses the same single cable connection to the outside
    > >world as every other ISP in the country thanks to Telecom's current
    > >on-going infrastructure monopoly, one that's only increasing thanks to
    > >Government giving them the contract for much of the fibre roll-out as
    > >well. :-(

    > My understanding is that the Southern Cross fibre is not at capacity.
    > ISPs buy fixed bandwidth on that cable, and Southern Cross only sell
    > fixed bandwidth. So there is no contention between the various ISPs.
    > So any slowdown on international bandwidth is the ISPs fault, not the
    > cable.

    True, but that data coming through the single cable than does also have to
    travel through Telecom's local infrastructure, which simply can't cope
    thanks to decades of greedy managers filling their own pockets instead of
    spending money on keeping it upgraded.

    > The reason that ISPs do not buy enough bandwidth is the cost -
    > until there is a competitor cable (coming, according to news reports),
    > Southern Cross are charging much more than most international cables
    > do now, so ISPs buy as little bandwidth as they can get away with.

    There is one competitor cable that has backers and as far as I understand
    it that cable project is almost ready to start work.

    There is also a second competitior's project, but I don't know how far
    along that one is or if it is even still being planned.

    As well as the monopolistic cost, there's the problem that having a single
    cable being idiotic. If tha ONE cable has a problem, the entire country
    has no Internet. It's the same as Auckland's electricity supply, which
    despite two major problems over the last few years is apparently STILL
    supplied by only one cable. It's also the same idiocy that has the plans
    for a new Auckland Harbour bridge / tunnel that connects to the same
    clogged, badly designed motorway either side of the existing bridge (and
    the bridge itself is rarely causing the problem).
    Your Name, Dec 5, 2011
  6. Squiggle

    victor Guest

    On 5/12/2011 1:38 p.m., Stephen Worthington wrote:
    > On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 09:20:47 +1300, (Your Name)
    > wrote:

    >>> And you're surprised enough to bother posting about this quite why?
    >>> Lack of international bandwidth, especially on the part of Telstraclear
    >>> isn't exactly a surprise!

    >> The real problem is that TelstraClear doesn't have its own international
    >> bandwidth ... it uses the same single cable connection to the outside
    >> world as every other ISP in the country thanks to Telecom's current
    >> on-going infrastructure monopoly, one that's only increasing thanks to
    >> Government giving them the contract for much of the fibre roll-out as
    >> well. :-(

    > My understanding is that the Southern Cross fibre is not at capacity.
    > ISPs buy fixed bandwidth on that cable, and Southern Cross only sell
    > fixed bandwidth. So there is no contention between the various ISPs.
    > So any slowdown on international bandwidth is the ISPs fault, not the
    > cable. The reason that ISPs do not buy enough bandwidth is the cost -
    > until there is a competitor cable (coming, according to news reports),
    > Southern Cross are charging much more than most international cables
    > do now, so ISPs buy as little bandwidth as they can get away with.

    TelstraClear buys its wholesale international connectivity from Verizon,
    not Telecom.
    I am skeptical of your claim that Southern Cross charges much more than
    most international cables since it is in direct competition with them
    over much of its route. I have heard ISP chaps say that Auckland
    Wellington can cost more than Auckland LA.
    victor, Dec 5, 2011
  7. Squiggle

    victor Guest

    On 5/12/2011 2:27 p.m., Your Name wrote:

    > True, but that data coming through the single cable than does also have to
    > travel through Telecom's local infrastructure, which simply can't cope
    > thanks to decades of greedy managers filling their own pockets instead of
    > spending money on keeping it upgraded.
    >

    >> The reason that ISPs do not buy enough bandwidth is the cost -
    >> until there is a competitor cable (coming, according to news reports),
    >> Southern Cross are charging much more than most international cables
    >> do now, so ISPs buy as little bandwidth as they can get away with.

    > There is one competitor cable that has backers and as far as I understand
    > it that cable project is almost ready to start work.
    >
    > There is also a second competitior's project, but I don't know how far
    > along that one is or if it is even still being planned.
    >
    > As well as the monopolistic cost, there's the problem that having a single
    > cable being idiotic. If tha ONE cable has a problem, the entire country
    > has no Internet.

    Whatever utter garbage you want to delude yourself with. :-\
    victor, Dec 5, 2011
  8. Re: Telstra clear unmetered + bad weather = you tube unwatchable.. (NT)

    On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 13:38:26 +1300, Stephen Worthington
    <34.nz56.remove_numbers> wrote:

    >On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 09:20:47 +1300, (Your Name)
    >wrote:

    >>> And you're surprised enough to bother posting about this quite why?
    >>> Lack of international bandwidth, especially on the part of Telstraclear
    >>> isn't exactly a surprise!

    >>The real problem is that TelstraClear doesn't have its own international
    >>bandwidth ... it uses the same single cable connection to the outside
    >>world as every other ISP in the country thanks to Telecom's current
    >>on-going infrastructure monopoly, one that's only increasing thanks to
    >>Government giving them the contract for much of the fibre roll-out as
    >>well. :-(

    >My understanding is that the Southern Cross fibre is not at capacity.
    >ISPs buy fixed bandwidth on that cable, and Southern Cross only sell
    >fixed bandwidth. So there is no contention between the various ISPs.
    >So any slowdown on international bandwidth is the ISPs fault, not the
    >cable. The reason that ISPs do not buy enough bandwidth is the cost -
    >until there is a competitor cable (coming, according to news reports),
    >Southern Cross are charging much more than most international cables
    >do now, so ISPs buy as little bandwidth as they can get away with.

    A OECD Internet Comps expert that was over here recently stated that the
    so called Southern Cross cost were a total rip of and just a Big Con so
    they can charge very high prices here..

    I think he quoted a ISP's in France charging some $40 ? uncapped and 26
    TV channels.

    I think I have the MP3 sound track taken off Radio NZ..
    Frank Williams, Dec 5, 2011
  9. Re: Telstra clear unmetered + bad weather = you tube unwatchable.. (NT)

    On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 14:27:05 +1300, (Your Name)
    wrote:

    >In article <>, Stephen
    >Worthington <34.nz56.remove_numbers> wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 09:20:47 +1300, (Your Name)
    >> wrote:

    >> >The real problem is that TelstraClear doesn't have its own international
    >> >bandwidth ... it uses the same single cable connection to the outside
    >> >world as every other ISP in the country thanks to Telecom's current
    >> >on-going infrastructure monopoly, one that's only increasing thanks to
    >> >Government giving them the contract for much of the fibre roll-out as
    >> >well. :-(

    >> My understanding is that the Southern Cross fibre is not at capacity.
    >> ISPs buy fixed bandwidth on that cable, and Southern Cross only sell
    >> fixed bandwidth. So there is no contention between the various ISPs.
    >> So any slowdown on international bandwidth is the ISPs fault, not the
    >> cable.

    >True, but that data coming through the single cable than does also have to
    >travel through Telecom's local infrastructure, which simply can't cope
    >thanks to decades of greedy managers filling their own pockets instead of
    >spending money on keeping it upgraded.
    >

    >> The reason that ISPs do not buy enough bandwidth is the cost -
    >> until there is a competitor cable (coming, according to news reports),
    >> Southern Cross are charging much more than most international cables
    >> do now, so ISPs buy as little bandwidth as they can get away with.

    >There is one competitor cable that has backers and as far as I understand
    >it that cable project is almost ready to start work.
    >
    >There is also a second competitior's project, but I don't know how far
    >along that one is or if it is even still being planned.
    >
    >As well as the monopolistic cost, there's the problem that having a single
    >cable being idiotic. If tha ONE cable has a problem, the entire country
    >has no Internet. It's the same as Auckland's electricity supply, which
    >despite two major problems over the last few years is apparently STILL
    >supplied by only one cable. It's also the same idiocy that has the plans
    >for a new Auckland Harbour bridge / tunnel that connects to the same
    >clogged, badly designed motorway either side of the existing bridge (and
    >the bridge itself is rarely causing the problem).

    This is all Total bull shit to cover the riff prices here, Kiwis are so
    easily conned.

    Just look at the price of Milk, dearest in the Western world.
    Frank Williams, Dec 5, 2011
  10. Re: Telstra clear unmetered + bad weather = you tube unwatchable.. (NT)

    In article <>, Mutlley <> wrote:
    (snip)

    >You do have this bee in your bonnet about Telecom don't you..

    Well, to be fair, they have repeatedly shown themselves to be scum. :) :)
    Bruce Sinclair, Dec 5, 2011
  11. Re: Telstra clear unmetered + bad weather = you tube unwatchable.. (NT)

    On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 14:43:30 +1300, victor <> wrote:

    >On 5/12/2011 1:38 p.m., Stephen Worthington wrote:
    >> On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 09:20:47 +1300, (Your Name)
    >> wrote:

    >>> The real problem is that TelstraClear doesn't have its own international
    >>> bandwidth ... it uses the same single cable connection to the outside
    >>> world as every other ISP in the country thanks to Telecom's current
    >>> on-going infrastructure monopoly, one that's only increasing thanks to
    >>> Government giving them the contract for much of the fibre roll-out as
    >>> well. :-(

    >> My understanding is that the Southern Cross fibre is not at capacity.
    >> ISPs buy fixed bandwidth on that cable, and Southern Cross only sell
    >> fixed bandwidth. So there is no contention between the various ISPs.
    >> So any slowdown on international bandwidth is the ISPs fault, not the
    >> cable. The reason that ISPs do not buy enough bandwidth is the cost -
    >> until there is a competitor cable (coming, according to news reports),
    >> Southern Cross are charging much more than most international cables
    >> do now, so ISPs buy as little bandwidth as they can get away with.

    >TelstraClear buys its wholesale international connectivity from Verizon,
    >not Telecom.
    >I am skeptical of your claim that Southern Cross charges much more than
    >most international cables since it is in direct competition with them
    >over much of its route. I have heard ISP chaps say that Auckland
    >Wellington can cost more than Auckland LA.

    No its a Total con.
    Frank Williams, Dec 5, 2011
  12. Squiggle

    Your Name Guest

    Re: Telstra clear unmetered + bad weather = you tube unwatchable.. (NT)

    <> wrote:
    > (snip)
    > >
    > >You do have this bee in your bonnet about Telecom don't you..

    > Well, to be fair, they have repeatedly shown themselves to be scum. :) :)

    No more so than most other "big business" companies, especially when in
    monopolistic situations. :-(
    Your Name, Dec 5, 2011
  13. Squiggle

    victor Guest

    On 5/12/2011 4:52 p.m., Mutlley wrote:
    > (Your Name) wrote:
    >
    >> In article<>, Stephen
    >> Worthington<34.nz56.remove_numbers> wrote:

    >>> My understanding is that the Southern Cross fibre is not at capacity.
    >>> ISPs buy fixed bandwidth on that cable, and Southern Cross only sell
    >>> fixed bandwidth. So there is no contention between the various ISPs.
    >>> So any slowdown on international bandwidth is the ISPs fault, not the
    >>> cable.

    >> True, but that data coming through the single cable than does also have to
    >> travel through Telecom's local infrastructure, which simply can't cope
    >> thanks to decades of greedy managers filling their own pockets instead of
    >> spending money on keeping it upgraded.
    >>

    >>> The reason that ISPs do not buy enough bandwidth is the cost -
    >>> until there is a competitor cable (coming, according to news reports),
    >>> Southern Cross are charging much more than most international cables
    >>> do now, so ISPs buy as little bandwidth as they can get away with.

    >> There is one competitor cable that has backers and as far as I understand
    >> it that cable project is almost ready to start work.
    >>
    >> There is also a second competitior's project, but I don't know how far
    >> along that one is or if it is even still being planned.
    >>
    >> As well as the monopolistic cost, there's the problem that having a single
    >> cable being idiotic. If tha ONE cable has a problem, the entire country
    >> has no Internet. It's the same as Auckland's electricity supply, which
    >> despite two major problems over the last few years is apparently STILL
    >> supplied by only one cable. It's also the same idiocy that has the plans
    >> for a new Auckland Harbour bridge / tunnel that connects to the same
    >> clogged, badly designed motorway either side of the existing bridge (and
    >> the bridge itself is rarely causing the problem).

    > You do have this bee in your bonnet about Telecom don't you..

    Not only that but a large propensity for making shit up.
    It only takes a minute to find out that SCC isn't a single cable but a 2
    cable figure 8 system that enters both sides of the country and is
    wholesaled by companies who aggregate global networks of marine cables.
    Once there is more on demand content in the cloud and people are only
    shifting the volume they use rather than trading gigabyte collections,
    demand will smooth to where caps become redundant. The capacity of SCC
    has doubled and is about to double again due to advances in physics and
    engineering. The price has always been coming downwards and the
    difference across the globe evening out.
    victor, Dec 5, 2011
  14. Squiggle

    Dave Doe Guest

    Re: Telstra clear unmetered + bad weather = you tube unwatchable.. (NT)

    In article <>,
    , Frank Williams says...

    > On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 13:38:26 +1300, Stephen Worthington
    > <34.nz56.remove_numbers> wrote:
    >
    > >On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 09:20:47 +1300, (Your Name)
    > >wrote:

    > >>The real problem is that TelstraClear doesn't have its own international
    > >>bandwidth ... it uses the same single cable connection to the outside
    > >>world as every other ISP in the country thanks to Telecom's current
    > >>on-going infrastructure monopoly, one that's only increasing thanks to
    > >>Government giving them the contract for much of the fibre roll-out as
    > >>well. :-(

    > >My understanding is that the Southern Cross fibre is not at capacity.
    > >ISPs buy fixed bandwidth on that cable, and Southern Cross only sell
    > >fixed bandwidth. So there is no contention between the various ISPs.
    > >So any slowdown on international bandwidth is the ISPs fault, not the
    > >cable. The reason that ISPs do not buy enough bandwidth is the cost -
    > >until there is a competitor cable (coming, according to news reports),
    > >Southern Cross are charging much more than most international cables
    > >do now, so ISPs buy as little bandwidth as they can get away with.

    > A OECD Internet Comps expert that was over here recently stated that the
    > so called Southern Cross cost were a total rip of and just a Big Con so
    > they can charge very high prices here..
    >

    > I think he quoted a ISP's in France charging some $40 ? uncapped and 26
    > TV channels.
    >
    > I think I have the MP3 sound track taken off Radio NZ..

    Good on yer. But what's the link to it so others can check it out?

    --
    Duncan.
    Dave Doe, Dec 5, 2011
  15. Squiggle

    Squiggle Guest

    Re: Telstra clear unmetered + bad weather = you tube unwatchable..(NT)

    On 5/12/2011 2:27 p.m., Your Name threw some characters down the intarwebs:
    > In article <>, Stephen
    > Worthington <34.nz56.remove_numbers> wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 09:20:47 +1300, (Your Name)
    >> wrote:

    >>> The real problem is that TelstraClear doesn't have its own international
    >>> bandwidth ... it uses the same single cable connection to the outside
    >>> world as every other ISP in the country thanks to Telecom's current
    >>> on-going infrastructure monopoly, one that's only increasing thanks to
    >>> Government giving them the contract for much of the fibre roll-out as
    >>> well. :-(

    >> My understanding is that the Southern Cross fibre is not at capacity.
    >> ISPs buy fixed bandwidth on that cable, and Southern Cross only sell
    >> fixed bandwidth. So there is no contention between the various ISPs.
    >> So any slowdown on international bandwidth is the ISPs fault, not the
    >> cable.

    > True, but that data coming through the single cable than does also have to
    > travel through Telecom's local infrastructure, which simply can't cope
    > thanks to decades of greedy managers filling their own pockets instead of
    > spending money on keeping it upgraded.

    Wow, you couldn't possibly be more wrong. Telstra connects to the SCC
    at both Takapuna and Whenuapai with a fibre connection (undobtedly
    multiple fibres), its traffic will be on dedicated channels, and there
    is simply no way that that they would buy more international bandwidth
    than they can pump down those connections. No other ISPs traffic will
    have any effect on Telstra's connection to the SCC (unless they balls up
    their network config in a heads-will-roll sort of way). And the same
    goes for Vector communications.

    > As well as the monopolistic cost, there's the problem that having a single
    > cable being idiotic. If tha ONE cable has a problem, the entire country
    > has no Internet.

    Single cable? err, there are two of them, one heading east, and one
    heading north-west, and they are in a ring configuration so you have to
    break both of them to cut us off from the interwebs.

    But hey, Whatever utter garbage you want to delude yourself with is fine
    by me. :)
    Squiggle, Dec 5, 2011
  16. Squiggle

    Your Name Guest

    In article <jbi1mv$bvg$>, EMB <> wrote:
    > On 5/12/2011 6:16 p.m., Your Name wrote:
    > > In article<jbhfjp$rd6$>,
    > > (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:
    > >> In article<>, Mutlley

    > > <> wrote:
    > >> (snip)

    > >> Well, to be fair, they have repeatedly shown themselves to be scum. :) :)

    > > No more so than most other "big business" companies, especially when in
    > > monopolistic situations. :-(

    > It's not really monopolistic any more. SCC is not charging
    > outrageously[1] any more and Telecom are starting to wake up and smell
    > the coffee too now that they have separated from the lines business.
    >
    > [1] I am replacing the capped corporate internet connection we currently
    > have (800GB/month @ 10Mb/s) with an uncapped 100Mb/s offering for just
    > under half the current cost. The actual cost is commercially sensitive
    > but is low enough that I'm considering grabbing another connection and
    > reselling it to other businesses in the immediate area.

    Telecom hasn't been separated from anything. It still the same old company
    doing the same old hopeless monopolistic job ... just now using a
    different name. Nothing is going to change.
    Your Name, Dec 5, 2011
  17. Squiggle

    Your Name Guest

    In article <jbhsml$bj1$>, victor <> wrote:

    > Not only that but a large propensity for making shit up.
    > It only takes a minute to find out that SCC isn't a single cable but a 2
    > cable figure 8 system that enters both sides of the country and is
    > wholesaled by companies who aggregate global networks of marine cables.
    > Once there is more on demand content in the cloud and people are only
    > shifting the volume they use rather than trading gigabyte collections,
    > demand will smooth to where caps become redundant. The capacity of SCC
    > has doubled and is about to double again due to advances in physics and
    > engineering. The price has always been coming downwards and the
    > difference across the globe evening out.

    Oh dear, here we go with the pendadtic morons again. If you really want to
    be pedantic, then there's not one "cable", there's hundreds of fibre-optic
    cables in the bundle. Who cares, another topic to stop wasting my time on
    - believe whatever crap you want to delude yourself with. :-\
    Your Name, Dec 5, 2011
  18. Squiggle

    victor Guest

    On 6/12/2011 9:09 a.m., Your Name wrote:
    > In article<jbhsml$bj1$>, victor<> wrote:
    >>
    >> Not only that but a large propensity for making shit up.
    >> It only takes a minute to find out that SCC isn't a single cable but a 2
    >> cable figure 8 system that enters both sides of the country and is
    >> wholesaled by companies who aggregate global networks of marine cables.
    >> Once there is more on demand content in the cloud and people are only
    >> shifting the volume they use rather than trading gigabyte collections,
    >> demand will smooth to where caps become redundant. The capacity of SCC
    >> has doubled and is about to double again due to advances in physics and
    >> engineering. The price has always been coming downwards and the
    >> difference across the globe evening out.

    > Oh dear, here we go with the pendadtic morons again. If you really want to
    > be pedantic, then there's not one "cable", there's hundreds of fibre-optic
    > cables in the bundle. Who cares, another topic to stop wasting my time on
    > - believe whatever crap you want to delude yourself with. :-\

    Your comprehension skills are pathetic.
    You got it wrong again, there are completely separate SCC cable routes.
    You are wasting your time here opining on subjects you know nothing
    about. Even the limited number of posters here will call you on it.
    victor, Dec 5, 2011
  19. Re: Telstra clear unmetered + bad weather = you tube unwatchable.. (NT)

    On Mon, 5 Dec 2011 21:46:38 +1300, Dave Doe <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >, Frank Williams says...
    >>
    >> On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 13:38:26 +1300, Stephen Worthington
    >> <34.nz56.remove_numbers> wrote:

    >> >My understanding is that the Southern Cross fibre is not at capacity.
    >> >ISPs buy fixed bandwidth on that cable, and Southern Cross only sell
    >> >fixed bandwidth. So there is no contention between the various ISPs.
    >> >So any slowdown on international bandwidth is the ISPs fault, not the
    >> >cable. The reason that ISPs do not buy enough bandwidth is the cost -
    >> >until there is a competitor cable (coming, according to news reports),
    >> >Southern Cross are charging much more than most international cables
    >> >do now, so ISPs buy as little bandwidth as they can get away with.

    >> A OECD Internet Comps expert that was over here recently stated that the
    >> so called Southern Cross cost were a total rip of and just a Big Con so
    >> they can charge very high prices here..
    >>

    >> I think he quoted a ISP's in France charging some $40 ? uncapped and 26
    >> TV channels.
    >>
    >> I think I have the MP3 sound track taken off Radio NZ..

    >Good on yer. But what's the link to it so others can check it out?

    To old.
    Frank Williams, Dec 5, 2011
  20. Squiggle

    Dave Doe Guest

    Re: Telstra clear unmetered + bad weather = you tube unwatchable.. (NT)

    In article <>,
    , Frank Williams says...

    > On Mon, 5 Dec 2011 21:46:38 +1300, Dave Doe <> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <>,
    > >, Frank Williams says...

    > >> A OECD Internet Comps expert that was over here recently stated that the
    > >> so called Southern Cross cost were a total rip of and just a Big Con so
    > >> they can charge very high prices here..
    > >>

    > >> I think he quoted a ISP's in France charging some $40 ? uncapped and 26
    > >> TV channels.
    > >>
    > >> I think I have the MP3 sound track taken off Radio NZ..

    > >Good on yer. But what's the link to it so others can check it out?

    > To old.

    How old? - they keep stuff for years.

    --
    Duncan.