    That is almost dial up speed.

    I just closed the PC down and watched Tele.

    One annoyed customer.
    RayC, Dec 6, 2011

  2. In article <4GgDq.197520$1.easynews.com>, "RayC" <> wrote:
    >Speeds on Saturday night were pitiful.
    >Sunday night was even worse.
    >Normally i download on my plan at 250-300 KB/sec.
    >At 6.30 pm on Sunday night it was 21 KB/sec.
    >That is almost dial up speed.
    >I just closed the PC down and watched Tele.
    >One annoyed customer.

    No point in telling us ... have you told them ? :)
    Bruce Sinclair, Dec 7, 2011

  3. RayC

    Scooter Guest

    On , , Tue, 6 Dec 2011 17:15:55 +1300, Telstra clear please do not do this
    unlimited again, "RayC" <> wrote:

    >Speeds on Saturday night were pitiful.
    >
    >Sunday night was even worse.
    >
    >Normally i download on my plan at 250-300 KB/sec.
    >
    >At 6.30 pm on Sunday night it was 21 KB/sec.
    >
    >That is almost dial up speed.
    >
    >I just closed the PC down and watched Tele.
    >
    >One annoyed customer.

    I had no problem at all over the period and I use Telstra Clear.
    Something is skew whiff.

    Scooter, Dec 7, 2011
  4. RayC

    RayC Guest

    unlimited again, "RayC" <> wrote:

    >Speeds on Saturday night were pitiful.
    >
    >Sunday night was even worse.
    >
    >Normally i download on my plan at 250-300 KB/sec.
    >
    >At 6.30 pm on Sunday night it was 21 KB/sec.
    >
    >That is almost dial up speed.
    >
    >I just closed the PC down and watched Tele.
    >
    >One annoyed customer.

    I had no problem at all over the period and I use Telstra Clear.
    Something is skew whiff.

    I do not believe you, i have other people email me saying the same as i did.

    your employer Telstra Clear by any chance??????

    or you just causing trouble.
    RayC, Dec 9, 2011
  5. RayC

    Scooter Guest

    On , , Fri, 9 Dec 2011 16:55:04 +1300, Re: Telstra clear please do not do this
    unlimited again, "RayC" <> wrote:

    >"Scooter" wrote in message
    >
    >On , , Tue, 6 Dec 2011 17:15:55 +1300, Telstra clear please do not do this
    >unlimited again, "RayC" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Speeds on Saturday night were pitiful.
    >>
    >>Sunday night was even worse.
    >>
    >>Normally i download on my plan at 250-300 KB/sec.
    >>
    >>At 6.30 pm on Sunday night it was 21 KB/sec.
    >>
    >>That is almost dial up speed.
    >>
    >>I just closed the PC down and watched Tele.
    >>
    >>One annoyed customer.

    >I had no problem at all over the period and I use Telstra Clear.
    >Something is skew whiff.
    >>

    >I do not believe you, i have other people email me saying the same as i did.

    Well I will reiterate, I had no problem at all overthe entire period.

    >your employer Telstra Clear by any chance??????

    No.

    >or you just causing trouble.

    No.
    Scooter, Dec 9, 2011
  6. RayC

    Richard Guest

    On 12/6/2011 5:15 PM, RayC wrote:
    > Speeds on Saturday night were pitiful.
    >
    > Sunday night was even worse.
    >
    > Normally i download on my plan at 250-300 KB/sec.
    >
    > At 6.30 pm on Sunday night it was 21 KB/sec.
    >
    > That is almost dial up speed.
    >
    > I just closed the PC down and watched Tele.
    >
    > One annoyed customer.

    Cable or ADSL? Remember that cable has massive last mile contention
    which ADSL doesnt have, so if you live on a street of students that were
    hell set on mirroring the internet over the weekend, you are going to
    see huge issues...
    Richard, Dec 9, 2011
  7. RayC

    JohnO Guest

    On Dec 9, 7:25 pm, Richard <> wrote:
    > On 12/6/2011 5:15 PM, RayC wrote:
    >
    > > Speeds on Saturday night were pitiful.

    > > Sunday night was even worse.

    > > Normally i download on my plan at 250-300 KB/sec.

    > > At 6.30 pm on Sunday night it was 21 KB/sec.

    > > That is almost dial up speed.

    > > I just closed the PC down and watched Tele.

    > > One annoyed customer.

    > Cable or ADSL? Remember that cable has massive last mile contention
    > which ADSL doesnt have, so if you live on a street of students that were
    > hell set on mirroring the internet over the weekend, you are going to
    > see huge issues...

    ADSL doesn't have last mile contention - really?
    JohnO, Dec 11, 2011
  8. On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 15:04:35 -0800 (PST), JohnO <>
    wrote:

    >On Dec 9, 7:25 pm, Richard <> wrote:
    >> On 12/6/2011 5:15 PM, RayC wrote:
    >>
    >> > Speeds on Saturday night were pitiful.

    >> > Sunday night was even worse.

    >> > Normally i download on my plan at 250-300 KB/sec.

    >> > At 6.30 pm on Sunday night it was 21 KB/sec.

    >> > That is almost dial up speed.

    >> > I just closed the PC down and watched Tele.

    >> > One annoyed customer.

    >> Cable or ADSL? Remember that cable has massive last mile contention
    >> which ADSL doesnt have, so if you live on a street of students that were
    >> hell set on mirroring the internet over the weekend, you are going to
    >> see huge issues...

    >ADSL doesn't have last mile contention - really?

    But a Slow up Speed...
    Frank Williams, Dec 11, 2011
  9. RayC

    victor Guest

    On 12/12/2011 12:04 p.m., JohnO wrote:
    > On Dec 9, 7:25 pm, Richard<> wrote:

    >> Cable or ADSL? Remember that cable has massive last mile contention
    >> which ADSL doesnt have, so if you live on a street of students that were
    >> hell set on mirroring the internet over the weekend, you are going to
    >> see huge issues...

    > ADSL doesn't have last mile contention - really?

    Yes really, the contention on the last mile is 1:1 on the copper pair
    from DSLAM to customer router.
    The contention ratio is on the back-haul.
    The graphs from Truenet seemed to show that both cable and adsl dropped
    to a speed limited by the upstream links.
    victor, Dec 12, 2011
  10. On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 13:45:43 +1300, victor <> wrote:

    >On 12/12/2011 12:04 p.m., JohnO wrote:
    >> On Dec 9, 7:25 pm, Richard<> wrote:

    >>> Cable or ADSL? Remember that cable has massive last mile contention
    >>> which ADSL doesnt have, so if you live on a street of students that were
    >>> hell set on mirroring the internet over the weekend, you are going to
    >>> see huge issues...

    >> ADSL doesn't have last mile contention - really?

    >Yes really, the contention on the last mile is 1:1 on the copper pair
    >from DSLAM to customer router.
    >The contention ratio is on the back-haul.
    >The graphs from Truenet seemed to show that both cable and adsl dropped
    >to a speed limited by the upstream links.

    All cable users in the same street use the same cable, so the bandwidth
    is shared, so more users that are actively connected then the speed is
    slower.

    But cable users get a 2Mbs upload speed double what ADSL users get.
    Frank Williams, Dec 12, 2011
  11. RayC

    Richard Guest

    On 12/12/2011 4:24 PM, Frank Williams wrote:

    > All cable users in the same street use the same cable, so the bandwidth
    > is shared, so more users that are actively connected then the speed is
    > slower.
    >

    > But cable users get a 2Mbs upload speed double what ADSL users get.

    Only because telecom wont run annex M on ADSL.

    Never mind. Am barely in range of VDSL so I should really get around to
    getting a router and upgrading.
    Richard, Dec 12, 2011