    work.

    Any ideas?

    alex.

    AM, Apr 1, 2005

  2. AM

    Rainer Temme Guest

    AM wrote:
    > Is it possible to specify the source address for outgoing telnet
    > connections?
    > I created a loopback interface with the desired address and I gave "ip
    > telnet source-interface loopback 0" but I didn't work.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > alex.

    Hi alex,

    I just checked this on my router (a 1720 with IOS 12.2(16) and it
    works as expected ...

    The problem that I see is:
    The address, that you issue for loop0 MUST be routed back to your
    router (from the network over which the packets are running) ...
    If this is not the case, the destination will see the tcp-syn
    segments and send replies, but these replies will never
    be routed back to your router.
    (Or there might be an ACL in place dropping them?)

    Regards ... Rainer

    Rainer Temme, Apr 1, 2005

  3. AM

    AM Guest

    Rainer Temme wrote:
    > AM wrote:
    >
    >> Is it possible to specify the source address for outgoing telnet
    >> connections?
    >> I created a loopback interface with the desired address and I gave "ip
    >> telnet source-interface loopback 0" but I didn't work.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>
    >> alex.

    > Hi alex,
    >
    > I just checked this on my router (a 1720 with IOS 12.2(16) and it
    > works as expected ...
    >
    > The problem that I see is:
    > The address, that you issue for loop0 MUST be routed back to your
    > router (from the network over which the packets are running) ...
    > If this is not the case, the destination will see the tcp-syn
    > segments and send replies, but these replies will never
    > be routed back to your router.
    > (Or there might be an ACL in place dropping them?)
    >
    > Regards ... Rainer

    Scenario

    1721 with 10.132.6.254 as primary IP on the LAN, and 192.168.1.154 as secondary. I want to connect to 192.168.1.1
    directly attached to the same switch where the 1721 is attached to. I followed the procedure described above.

    Thanks a lot,
    Alex.

    AM, Apr 1, 2005
  4. On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 13:12:50 GMT, AM <> wrote:

    ~ Rainer Temme wrote:
    ~ > AM wrote:
    ~ >
    ~ >> Is it possible to specify the source address for outgoing telnet
    ~ >> connections?
    ~ >> I created a loopback interface with the desired address and I gave "ip
    ~ >> telnet source-interface loopback 0" but I didn't work.
    ~ >>
    ~ >> Any ideas?
    ~ >>
    ~ >> alex.
    ~ >
    ~ > Hi alex,
    ~ >
    ~
    ~ 1721 with 10.132.6.254 as primary IP on the LAN, and 192.168.1.154 as secondary. I want to connect to 192.168.1.1
    ~ directly attached to the same switch where the 1721 is attached to. I followed the procedure described above.
    ~
    ~ Thanks a lot,
    ~ Alex.

    telnet source-interface won't use a secondary address. You could create a
    loopback with a /32 address from your secondary subnet and use that
    as your source-interface.

    Aaron

    Aaron Leonard, Apr 1, 2005