telnet/rsh not responding

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by jcle, Oct 13, 2008.

  1. jcle

    jcle Guest

    My router all the sudden is not allowing me to do remote manage it. I
    was able to telnet to it a few days ago but now everytime I try to
    telnet/rsh to it I get a long wait proceded by "host is not
    reponding," There was no config in the vty lines. Since this problem
    on the console I added

    transport input all

    I have tried clearing all the vty lines and nothing.
    Between the time I was able to access it to the time I am not no one
    has even on into config mode.

    sh proc is under 30%
    no acl on the fe interface or loopbacks
    the router is functioning fine and pingable. none of the interfaces
    are conjested. The only prob is the vty lines appear to be hosed.

    this is an old 7206xvr npe 300 running 12.0(25)S1

    any suggestions

    jcle, Oct 13, 2008