    help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

    Sincerely,
    Shawn H. Mesiatowsky
    Shawn H. Mesiatowsky, Nov 22, 2004

  2. Shawn H. Mesiatowsky

    Doan Guest

    On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Shawn H. Mesiatowsky wrote:

    > I need to have remote telnet to my pix from another office location. I add
    > the command
    >
    > telnet x.x.x.x 255.255.255.255
    >
    > where x is the external IP of the office I will be telneting from, but I
    > still cannot telnet in from the remote location. I have also tried to add an
    > ACL
    >
    > access-list outside_acl tcp permit any host x.x.x.x eq telnet
    >
    > where x is the external IP of my pix box. Am I missing something here? anyw
    > help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    >
    > Sincerely,
    > Shawn H. Mesiatowsky

    You can only telnet from an inside host. Use ssh instead.

    Doan
    Doan, Nov 22, 2004

  3. Shawn H. Mesiatowsky

    Doan Guest

    On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Doan wrote:

    > On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Shawn H. Mesiatowsky wrote:
    >
    > > I need to have remote telnet to my pix from another office location. I add
    > > the command
    > >
    > > telnet x.x.x.x 255.255.255.255
    > >
    > > where x is the external IP of the office I will be telneting from, but I
    > > still cannot telnet in from the remote location. I have also tried to add an
    > > ACL
    > >
    > > access-list outside_acl tcp permit any host x.x.x.x eq telnet
    > >
    > > where x is the external IP of my pix box. Am I missing something here? anyw
    > > help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    > >
    > > Sincerely,
    > > Shawn H. Mesiatowsky
    > >

    > You can only telnet from an inside host. Use ssh instead.
    >

    > Doan

    I mispoke; try telnet x.x.x.x 255.255.255.255 outside.

    Doan
    Doan, Nov 22, 2004
  4. In article <>,
    Doan <> wrote:

    :On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Shawn H. Mesiatowsky wrote:

    :> I need to have remote telnet to my pix from another office location.

    :You can only telnet from an inside host. Use ssh instead.

    Normally you cannot telnet from a low security interface and
    need to use ssh. However, if one establishes a VPN tunnel to the
    remote PIX and the tunnel match-address ACL includes the IP address of
    the outside interface, then one will be able to telnet through the tunnel to
    the PIX.
    --
    Contents: 100% recycled post-consumer statements.
    Walter Roberson, Nov 23, 2004