  1. natural_4u

    natural_4u Guest

    how do you use the telnet command to find your e-mail host or server?

    natural_4u, Feb 16, 2004

  2. natural_4u

    John D Loop Guest

    "Will Dormann" <> wrote in message
    news:hk4Yb.8025$...
    > natural_4u wrote:
    > > how do you use the telnet command to find your e-mail host or server?

    > You can't use telnet to *find* your email host. If you *know* your
    > email host name, then you can do:
    > telnet <emailhost> 110
    >
    > to connect to the POP3 port if you like.
    >

    > -WD

    You can also telnet to the SMTP port 25 to send mail...
    telnet emailhost 25
    Check my web site for tips on insuring safe computing in wired and wireless
    homenetworking environments!
    www.pccitizen.com
    You spend your whole life figuring out what you should have done with it,
    let alone what it was all about. And then you children get to do it all
    over again.

    John D Loop, Feb 17, 2004